3.0 (TS + Barrage 3M DPS) Adipi's guide to a real budget build: 5ex and less (Shaper, ALL MODS)

Introduction

Hello Exiles,

Are you tired of trying out new builds only to see it fail?

Most guides fail because they have:

A. Terrible budget builds that suck because OP doesn't actually remember back when they were poor!
B. Unexplained or missing mechanics within the build itself causing confusion!
C. An overly large Path of building dps inflated by unreliable things like curses, totems and vaal haste/grace, etc!
D. Has multiple choice questions?!

Well you've come to the right place exile! There are no such nonsense things in this Pathfinder build, it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Simply buy the unique items you need and equip them and voila! You're good to go. ONE SHOT dps and infinite tanking abilities, you can facetank DD, even if its another boss corpse *wink*, blah blah blah, Shaper beam, Vaal temple trio with damage mods and crit, obelisk bloodline mobs, and anything else the game can throw at you!

Before we get started, here's the irrefutable, concrete, undeniable, impossible to fake proof:

T17 virgin Shaper kill + reaction
https://youtu.be/fj267E9Tcoc

T17 Malachai kill, easy peasy lemon squeazy!
https://youtu.be/1Be-CnfCm6s

T16 Minotaur kill, facetank nuff said
https://youtu.be/p6Zkn_eWPy8

T14 Shaped Reef run with gear showcase
I most certainly did not forget to bring my secondary weapon! Turn on CC, https://youtu.be/AE7Q3K5zgdU

Whew, all done with the show boating. Alright, let's get into the nitty gritty details.

Gear Showcase

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING (FEEL FREE TO SKIP TO POB PASSIVE TREES AND BUDGET GEAR) or read if ya wanna

As you can see, any veteran player worth their salt will instantly recognize both the flasks and gear used. The most expensive piece of gear is the tabula, but it is expensive in the same way Evian water and Dasani water is expensive. Simply delicious and definitely worth the extra money spent! B

By running double Lori's lantern, you gain twice the chance to proc "enemies are unlucky when damaging you" whenever you are on low life (*35% health threshold). This coupled with acrobatics in the tree and your excellent evasion gear will allow for a very slippery character. L

IMPORTANT (YOU DON'T NEED TO READ THIS): Incoming damage will go through three checks: Evasion, dodge and block. Should the damage trigger at any stage, you will not receive any damage at all. HOWEVER, PoE operates on an entropy based system, that is to say you will not be able to consecutively dodge and block. Eventually the game gets fed up and makes you take a hit no matter what you do. PoE does not like people who gimmick the system. A

Null's inclination gives us both amazing chaos damage the likes of which no other bow can match (*cough* Voltaxic, once upon a time *cough*) and to boot you can summon minions whenever you kill something, enabling us to summon meatshields that can tank for us. H

Marlene's fallacy allows us to do BIG CRITS. This is very important for our damage, please ignore the less amount of crit. It is entirely irrelevant and can be disregarded without much thought. Just don't think about it and it won't matter! B

The rare pieces are just to cap resistance and provide life, exalts and mirrors that you pick will be used to fund these items. The bigger the numbers the better you get and the better you get the bigger the numbers. L

We do not talk about the quiver. Asphyxia is cool. Asphyxia is life. Asphyxia is must. +1 Arrow is a very good upgrade. A

Finally, if you actually read this far, the flasks are obviously just your run of the mill garden variety flasks. Chug away pathfinder, for you are immune to getting drunk on your own flasks! H

DPS Showcase

HERE COMES THE BOOM! Amazing damage, isn't it? 111,097 DPS!!! Tooltip damage can get even larger since I am using legacy IIQ gem, a very very "cheap" item that has nothing to do with the build at all so in essence I am using a 5 link TS!

Still here? Wow, you're persistent! Alright, let's talk real talk.

These are the three things this build provides
1. AMAZING AoE Clear
2. SUPREME Single Target Clear
3. ENORMOUS Pe- Er, I mean Effective HP Pool

PANTHEON

Major: Soul of Lunaris or Soul of Solaris (Pretty much whichever you prefer, both are top tier. I use Lunaris)
Minor: Soul of Yugul (This will enable you to run ELEMENTAL REFLECT MAPS, simply swap your left ring with a Sybil's Lament and you are good to go)

GEM LINKS

5L TORNADO SHOT - TS + PPAD + INC CRIT + ELEMENTAL DMG WITH ATTACKS + GMP
[300,000 DPS on PoB with Budget build]

6L TORNADO SHOT - Add CHANCE TO BLEED (the flat physical damage is amazing at higher levels)
[400,000 DPS on PoB with Budget build]

5L BARRAGE - BARRAGE - ELEMENTAL FOCUS - PPAD - ELEMENTAL DMG WITH ATTACKS + INC CRIT
[2.2M DPS on PoB with Budget build]

6L BARRAGE - Add CHANCE TO BLEED (deja vue?)
[3M DPS on PoB with Budget build]

ALL DPS ARE TRUE VALUES. Except on HEX IMMUNE MODS, you lose your curse damage.

FLASK SETUP

1.EXPERIMENTER'S QUICKSILVER FLASK OF WARDING or EXPERIMENTER'S QUICKSILVER FLASK OF ADRENALINE
2. EXPERIMENTER'S DIAMOND FLASK OF STAUNCHING
3. THE WISE OAK
4. TASTE OF HATE
5. DYING SUN

AURAS

We run two HERALD auras and one BLASPHEMY AURA. This is more optimal imo than using Hatred and Herald.

GLOVES OR BOOTS = Herald of Ash + ENLIGHTEN + BLASHPHEMY + PROJ WEAKNESS
(Projectile weakness is huge to our dps. The knockback effect is annoying since we use POINT BLANK, but thankfully it is only 25%. You will kill the boss before enough procs happen to push it out of our dps zone.)

GLOVES OR BOOTS = Herald of Ice + Curse oh hit + ASSASSIN'S MARK
(pseudo dual curse using this method as we can curse enemies outside our BLASPHEMY radius when we crit. Essentially there just to grant us Pcharges when we map. You can use WARLORD'S MARK or POACHER'S MARK if you want)

HELMET = VAAL HASTE + CWDT + IMMORTAL CALL + ICE GOLEM Very self explanatory.

PROS
+ Excellent AoE clear. LA, Ice shot, Tornado shot, pick your poison.
+ Amazing clearspead second only to a few other builds. My runs are gated by how fast I pick up things.
+ 5M barrage dps!!!!
+ Okay, more like 4m without the unreliable stuff.
+ Okay, more like 3m without the +2 barrage helm enchant.
+ Okay, more like 2.5m if things don't go well.
+ Um... This isn't another Okay, more like we deal less dmg than we thought...
+ 6 - 7k life, depending on how much you wanna prioritize dps/life tradeoff. So you end up pretty damn tanky in the end.
+ 5M barrage dps!!!!

CONS AKA MORE PROS
+ You are a little too reliant on flasks. Boss phases completely destroy you. Let's not talk about T16 Chimera, that little ****er killed me so many times I wanna &##^@ #&#&#$.
+ You don't play like other builds, you get really spoiled in flask usage and you have crappy base defences, so if you don't pop flasks early you die. You will have to be liberal with flask usage. Luckily Pathfinder give amazing flask recharge so you should have 100% flask uptime.

Three things make this build amazing:[/b]
1. We SACRIFICE RESISTANCE and grab dps EVERYWHERE. All you need to do is balance your WISE OAK FLASK and equalize your crappy res and you will be maxed out. FOR REFERENCE: My fire/cold are -15% and my lightning is 45%. With wise oak active, they are all 87%. This is gonna be the most painful step, but well worth it. Don't bother divining, it's too expensive. Either forgo a steel ring and use a ring with implicit resistance so you can balance through blessed orbs, or use crafting to get your res equalized.

2. DOOMFLETCH is honestly one of the most powerful bows you could ever get. Possibly only GG Harbinger bow beats it in terms of dps. But then again, what doesn't it beat?

3. PRIORITIZE TASTE OF HATE AND DYING SUN. These flasks are what breaks the game for you, and you need to get them. They are costly and are a MUST HAVE.

BUDGET VERSION TOTALLY BELIEVABLE AND RELIABLE. TRUST MEEEEEEEE. (300k TS on 5L, 3M DPS BARRAGE)

The majority of items used are craftable, I also toned down their tier to the minimum required. The stats shown are what you should prioritize for damage, everything else is luxury. You don't need more than 100k dps on TS to one shot trash, and 3M single target baseline dps on BARRAGE is amazing. As a bonus, Belly of the Beast is a great budget version of Kaom's Heart, allowing you to sit at near 6k health easily.

Total cost of budget build uniques:
Abyssus: 20c
Drillneck: 15c
Belly of the Beast: 40c
Doomfletch: 1ex (omg what have you guys done the price doubled!!!)
Taste of Hate: 2ex
Dying Sun: 1ex

TOTAL: 4.7 ex for an amazing build.

PoB baseline numbers
https://pastebin.com/gdvVha8V

FAQ

What are your current DPS numbers on your character?

PoB baseline numbers
https://pastebin.com/d2ZEYm5L

How can I inflate these numbers artificially using PoB?

Go to configuration, turn on PCharges, FCharges, and tick the SHOCKED buff for enemies. 7M BARRAGE. Then go and pop in vaal haste, drop some life nodes making sure to remain at 6.4k life with GG gear and put them into inefficient dps nodes to watch your damage reach 10m. If you are feeling particularly fiesty, craft or copy endgame items worth 30+ ex onto your jewelry. Brag. You now have inflated a build. I'm sure there are other tricks to do too. +1 curse seems to make PoB think you can put a second curse even if you are over reserving your mana. You can reach 12m dps that way.

Using this build I farmed a bunch of currency, how do I upgrade and do more damage?

I am currently experimenting with dual curse setup for optimal damage. Very pricy, very powerful. Shoutout to my friend Derek for suggesting it. Will tweak and continue to min/max the build.

Can I use a normal Harbinger bow or Lioneye Glare?

Legacy Legacy Council of the Reach seems to provide 90% of dps without having to take abyssus. Barring that, the doomfletch + Abyssus combination is too strong to drop without investing a megaton of currency. I would not hesitate to say that the dps the combination provides could easily rank top 10 among budget vs dps comparisons.

How did you fake having other items in the video?

Skin transfer.

Why is my/your tooltip dps so low?

Doomfletch does funny things to the ingame dps calculator. Tooltip is nigh useless, never trust it, always use PoB.
Last edited by adipiscitur on Oct 12, 2017, 6:10:09 AM
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2017, 2:08:05 PM
I think I'll try this build out, is point blank really that good?
Yep. Point Blank gives 50% MORE damage at close range.
I know it's another Doomfletch build but I enjoyed reading the write up.

"
unreliable things like curses and vaal haste/grace, etc!

Why do you think vaal gems and curses are unreliable?
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
Thanks! I am glad you had fun reading the build.

I think curses are reliable with the exception of the HEXPROOF mod on maps, which comes up from time to time. I personally count it as a reliable source of damage in the build. However, I do see people sometimes artificially adding in two curse setups in their PoB tree, which annoys me as nobody can benefit from double curse without a +1 curse, and even then you would need double blasphemy.

Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace. I think they are somewhat reliable for bosses, but I like having room to drop one or both just in case I need more gem links for other aura or dps setups. They are great to have, but should never be a necessity. I particularly dislike seeing it used to inflate dps on PoB, which I see a lot of people doing.
I'm level 82 now and this build's damage is insane. I love it, been clearing maps crazy fast.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it. Feel free to hit up Ahfack's Doomfletch life for lategame and endgame upgrades!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info