I play leagues... slowly

I'm not making fun of you anytime soon. In fact, I never even got to 90 myself. For some reason I seem to be unable to finish things. Anything, really. I pretty much never go all out on anything. I have over 10 series I started watching but never finished, I have two characters at lvl 89, tons of builds I lost interest in mid leveling, I never actually finished any building I started back when I played minecraft, I only ever decorate parts of my hideouts, but those to a very high degree compared to the average player, I never leveled a master to lvl 8, I never completed the atlas, I never got 36 challenges, but over 24 quite a few times already... there must be something fundamentally wrong with me.

But under no circumstance will I make fun of you. I myself am a rather slow player when it comes to maps and all that since I focus on fun and interesting to play builds instead of crazy efficient ones.
If you want to know about some of em, feel free to ask :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Whoot! Got it done. :-)

"
FCK42 wrote:
I'm not making fun of you anytime soon. In fact, I never even got to 90 myself. For some reason I seem to be unable to finish things. Anything, really. I pretty much never go all out on anything. I have over 10 series I started watching but never finished, I have two characters at lvl 89, tons of builds I lost interest in mid leveling, I never actually finished any building I started back when I played minecraft, I only ever decorate parts of my hideouts, but those to a very high degree compared to the average player, I never leveled a master to lvl 8, I never completed the atlas, I never got 36 challenges, but over 24 quite a few times already... there must be something fundamentally wrong with me.

But under no circumstance will I make fun of you. I myself am a rather slow player when it comes to maps and all that since I focus on fun and interesting to play builds instead of crazy efficient ones.
If you want to know about some of em, feel free to ask :D

Thanks, appreciate that. And I know what you mean. Sounds like you enjoy tackling a wide focus instead of a narrow one, and in most cases in life, nothing wrong with that. We're a little different in that aspect, but at least we both enjoy rolling our own builds.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
well how much time are you putting in? Can't really fault yourself if you have 20 hours per month to play. Some people play 16 hours per day for 2 weeks and are done, some play a few hours per month and are happy with that. Wouldn't worry about it unless you are putting 16 hours in a day and just getting to 90 now lol.

I completely understand where you are coming from TC. I don't use global 820 and even though I have enough currency to start buying achievements I still prefer chipping away at those achievements by myself.

Did you try running a red beachhead rotation? You'd hit 91 no problems.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
Did you try running a red beachhead rotation? You'd hit 91 no problems.

All of my progress is solo. The only time I group is to help guild mates, when offering a free Trial in global 820, etc. I rarely ask for help, but when something I need is offered in guild chat I typically jump on it. Only when I get to the end of the league and realize I won't be able to solo the challenges I want to complete do I seek help in guild chat, global 820, or whatever. I did receive a lot of help at the end of Prophecy from the forum community.

The only "service" I sought so far this league was uber lab, since it was when I was lower level and I wanted to get those remaining two points. I did all other lab runs and all other challenges on my own so far.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 10, 2017, 9:06:21 AM
I'm only 83, just got there. It's my only char in Harbinger.
Actually have fun playing the character. Harbinger is not the best league we ever had, but it's not totally horrible.

Tried Atziri today and failed at the trio. :/
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
You do you man, have fun. I'm halfway between I guess, not quite as slow as you like but don't like the super efficiency stuff where you skip most loot, gotta loot it all.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I'm looking forward to hitting 90 tonight with my only character in the Harbinger league. I think I'm at 70% to 90 right now. This is actually one of the fastest league character leveling I've done. And with melee too.

Feel free to ridicule how slow I am, lol.

The concepts of "fast" and "slow" are relative. It took me roughly 2 months to hit 40/40 in Harbinger. There were people who were done by week 2, so I'm probably slow AF by their standards. But who cares, really? Just play the game at your own pace, and have fun :)

"
But the real kicker is that I don't use my gaming time as efficiently as I could. Why? Because I actually enjoy full clearing maps and picking up more trash loot than the 1%.

Same here. If there's anything I hate about this game, it's speedrunning :D I know it's the most efficient way to play the game, but I just can't bring myself to fly through maps in 30 seconds, and then rinse and repeat the same procedure ad nauseam. So you're definitely not alone in this, buddy :)
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
I am glad you post here, cipher. I play much but I am extremely inefficient. I also tend to pick up most of the loot my filter shows and I don't like rushing through maps. What's sad is people can understand me when I play SSF league, but when I play in a similar way in regular leagues (I only buy mandatory uniques and consumables + I like to party with friends), it suddenly looks for them like if I were an eternal noob who doesn't know how to play and that poe.trade exists. I just like to do things my own way.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info