Missing textures / Delayed loading of textures [SOLVED]

After starting game I have missing textures (non loaded yet) appearing as black squares or for moving particles as moving black squares. It happens on everything you could think of.

In town players being black / in maps mobs skill effects (like sea witches frostbolt being a black square) or mob itself being just a big black square / Hideout decorations being black, vorici decoration of falling leafs being a clusterf.. of black squares moving all over screen etc.

After good minute of being next to those unloaded textures they would become normal.

This also brings additional problem of massive shuttering and complete game freezes for up to 5s upon entering new instances tho I am not sure if its another problem or 2 in one.

Game setting are on lowest (dx9) / shadows off. vsync off. Drivers are up to date. Problem appeared about 1 week into harbinger league. didn't report since i was sure there were some other with same problem but apparently i am the only person with this sort of thing.

Here are some screenshots of my hideout under effect of this:

Last edited by Hvande on Oct 8, 2017, 5:20:29 PM
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2017, 2:34:23 PM
This happens only with async preloading. --noasync will fix it (with cost of loading times..)
Thanks for the answer.

Since I dont have SSD I will try --noasync just to see if new instances lag for first few seconds upon entering problem disappears otherwise I will stay in black to cut those loading times.

Edit: Yeah the new instance lag upon entering was same problem and was removed completely by --noasync. Surprisingly visiting other player hideout didnt take a year and a half so I am staying with this now. thanks again.
Last edited by Hvande on Oct 8, 2017, 5:22:57 PM
WTF is "async"? i'm having the same problem and even worse, entered a core maps and EVERYTHING was black, only my character textures were loaded, nothing else, idk how to fix it
Last edited by Reaper758 on Nov 22, 2017, 11:46:58 AM
I suspect this refers to "Asynchronous loading of assets"...basically, 'letting you into the game before they have loaded more than the pure, totally-bare-minimum graphic assets to start with'...which sounds like 'the character and not much else', actually. --noasync disables the multithreaded/background loading of art assets for the game. You'll take longer to load in at first, but it'll help eliminate stuttering as it microloads stuff as you play, and will load all art before putting you into a map.

If you have a lot of that 'black forever but likely eventually gets filled in with a texture' problem like the pictures showed, that would likely be cured by using this option.

Using this option shouldn't hurt people who don't need it; it will simply take a little longer to load for the first time...so if in doubt, try adding it and then run the game again. It won't damage anything if it's unnecessary.

Also Refer To: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Launch_options

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info