[3.0] Nuro's Harp Raider, Ice Shot-Blast Rain 9 frenzy, 75% dodge all, VIDEO UP

Hello all ^_^

-Bandits: Kraityn
-Ascendancy: Avatar of The Veil & Avatar of The Slaughter
-Gods: Lunaris & Garukhan

Something about build: amulet is best in slot as well the chest, nuro's harp is understimated, but to use better u need acuity because nuro's harp grants consacrated ground. I've vaal pact atm so i can't get benefit from this bonus.
I'm full evasion and dodge 75% dodge attack and spells and 65% chance to evade attacks, i don't use Darkray Vectors cuz no life. But if u use them, corrupted +1 frenzy, u got 10 frenzy and better dps. Your choice.
The amulet also blind enemis, that adds a lot of chance to dodge and evade.
The best mods on rings and quiver that u can get is with essence of horror.
It says: 4-7 cold daamge frenzy, so if u are able to get that mod + wed etc is good.
Here i link an example of perfect items.

If u get similar (impossible xD) u will get the best dps for this build.
Btw nothing to say more, if you have some question, feel free to ask here.

Gear

Defense stat

Enjoy ^_^

My builds

All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Last edited by Hitma47 on Oct 9, 2017, 3:57:45 AM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2018, 4:25:57 AM
There's a problem with the video link, but the idea of the build seems pretty cool, will try it later.
Well your build is cool and it works but the gear / passives aren't min-maxed. It works but it's inefficient. Here is why.

A) 1 Omen of the Winds is more than enough. The 2nd jewel slot is much better with a jewel that benefits your life, resists and single target.
B) Nuro's Harp is a terrible bow. Why ? Well it grants you a lot of flat elemental cold damage. That's cool but not a very good stat on a weapon. I know this is super counter-intuitive.
Stat sticks are currently better.

Nuro's Harp grants you High flat elemental cold damage, very slow attack speed and decent crit base.
Windripper grants you 15% quantity, some flat cold damage, very high attack speed and very high crit base and 24% increased elemental damage from implicit.
Lioneye's Grants you Far Shot (30% more dmg), very high attack speed, hits cannot be evaded and 24% increased elemental damage from implicit.

Now if you look at these bows you might think: Hey, this is a cold build. Of course Nuro's Harp is at least a decent choice. Sadly it's not. It's possible to stack very high amounts of flat elemental damage from other sources - mainly rings, amulets, Ice Bite and Added Cold - so in reality you kind of get diminishing returns from each extra point of added cold damage.

I know this is counter-intuitive but it's sadly the way the game is currently rigged :( If GGG nerfed the amount of flat cold damage you gain from gems, rings and amulets Nuro's Harp would become a much better choice.

TLDR: Windripper and Lioneye's become pseudo 8-links with much faster attack speed, better crit or faster attack speed, 100% hit chance (which also grants you a lot of crit) and 30% more damage while Nuro's Harp is only a pseudo 7-link with "an extra added cold damage" (that has diminishing returns).

I don't think this is good design. I am just saying: this is the way things currently are.

C) your flasks are kind of a mess but I think you already are aware of this and you just haven't gotten to this part of your build yet.

D) Your HP pool is way to low. The opportunity cost is staggering. Rat's Nest is an absolute no-go with this item setup.

E) A gem setup with Increased Duration - Vaal Grace - Vaal Grace - Blink Arrow grants you 75% / 64% dodge. Almost the same as you have and the uptime is basically limitless. In other words: The opportunity cost of the dodge setup is way too high. My estimate: You loose a lot of damage and around 1k hp or so in your attempt to bring your dodge this high.

In short: I like your build. I also mainly used cold damage this league. But it's very unpolished and not very "min-maxed".
Last edited by Frankenberry on Oct 6, 2017, 7:23:53 PM
Fix your "defense stat", silly :P
"
Frankenberry wrote:

yes build is not optimized, i jsut build it in 2 hours and done the video, btw i wanted use nuro not interessed vs other bows. I don't think i lost a lot of damage and 1k hp like u say with this attempt. The chest and the rat's nest are best boost for damage.

"
cape413 wrote:
Fix your "defense stat", silly :P

fixed xD
I like your build. It has a cool (pardon the pun) theme. Yeah Nuro's isn't the best bow but fits your build perfectly.
Would this survive in HC? Should i go for duelist tree or shadow tree first?
"
Hitma47 wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

yes build is not optimized, i jsut build it in 2 hours and done the video, btw i wanted use nuro not interessed vs other bows. I don't think i lost a lot of damage and 1k hp like u say with this attempt. The chest and the rat's nest are best boost for damage.

So the bow is chosen because you want to choose it. Fair enough.
The chest is still a bad choice. The flad added cold isn't very good and because you need higher defensive stats on other good dps item-slots the damage is most likely overall lower.
And yes. 1k lost hp is putting it low. Not just due to your choice with chest but due to overall lack of flat life on so many items.

"
Raidki wrote:

No. This is not HC viable.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Hitma47 wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

So the bow is chosen because you want to choose it. Fair enough.
The chest is still a bad choice. The flad added cold isn't very good and because you need higher defensive stats on other good dps item-slots the damage is most likely overall lower.
And yes. 1k lost hp is putting it low. Not just due to your choice with chest but due to overall lack of flat life on so many items.

"
Raidki wrote:

No. This is not HC viable.

i think chest is best choice, no life and res, but 10 dodge attack and spell and 3k evasion; the flat on chest give a lot of dps, is high.
"
Hitma47 wrote:
i think chest is best choice, no life and res, but 10 dodge attack and spell and 3k evasion; the flat on chest give a lot of dps, is high.

It's not really about the stats on the chest as the stats not on the chest. The opportunity cost...

The cold damage is nice but the main attraction of Naro's Harp is high flat cold damage, so the marginal benefit from your chest is fairly low since your flat elemental damage is already quite high. You don't more flat elemental damage. You need scaling it with more multipliers, crit and attack speed.

Since the defensive stats on the chest is lacking you have to invest into defensive rings so you lack offensive stats on ring slots.

Oh well, the build is a fun gimmick and that's cool and all but it's not optimized.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info