[3.0] Assassin Cospri's Discharge | BOSSKILLER VARIANT | 1M Shaper damage PER CAST | 5M Shaper DPS

Reconstructed life version of Cospri's Malice for 3.0 since ES and VP have been nerfed. I don't recommend playing this if you're a beginner.

Don't get too shocked by all the legacy and SC-only gear, read the gear breakdown.

Gear breakdown

The only items you need are Cospri's Malice and a Voll's Protector (don't need 6L or +1 gems).

The next 5 items are very powerful items for this build. Voll's Devotion (don't need +1 curse) grants you an endless supply of endurance charges. Inya's assists greatly with charge generation in bossfights. Flow Untethered (don't need +1 corruption) is just all round an amazing belt. Insanity gloves (doesn't need to be legacy) boosts clear speed to insane levels. Starkonja's is best in slot with 30% chance for Discharge not to consume charges.

Alternatives are just rares with life and resist for HC.

is of course the best clearing belt.

is also a very powerful item due to bleed immunity (allowing you to swap a flask) and an extra endurance charge, but Inya's is straight up better for Shadow Assassin. You can use Death's Door for Scion Ascendant instead.

The rest of the items, you just want them to have life on them and as much accuracy and crit as possible. At least 1 Elreon ring is required if you do not want to run out of mana while shield charging across the map, 2 are needed if you do not take the Quick Recovery cluster on the skill tree. Disagree with Lycosidae because accuracy shouldn't be a problem with two decent rings/decent gloves.

Vinktar's is ideal, whether legacy or not (grab VP on tree if non-legacy). I opt for Wise Oak here to maximise boss damage.

is the replacement for clearing.

You need a staunching flask unless you're running Death's Door, then
can be used instead. You can skip the staunching flask for a dousing flask when farming Shaper so you can toggle RF.

Gem links

4L Starkonja's Head

A low set-up level matters so that Firestorm is being cast as frequently as possible. Don't worry about IC not lasting long enough because you have endurance charges from Voll's Devotion and also Flow Untethered lowering the cooldown of the gem.

6L Voll's Protector

3L Cospri's Malice

Swap out
for
when killing bosses.

3L Fossilised Spirit Shield

Swap out
for
when farming Shaper.

4L Fingerless Silk Gloves w/ Insanity essence mod

4L Inya's Epiphany

Swap out
for
if no +1 curse Voll's Devotion.

Passives
Bandits: Eramir (2 passive points), preferred over Alira's mediocre 15% crit multi.

Pantheon: Brine King major and Yugul minor.

PoePlanner skill tree: poeurl.com/bAd2

Path of Building Assassin: https://pastebin.com/nGEVbYNU

Path of Building Ascendant: https://pastebin.com/g6sQSD4S

Jewels
for power charge and endurance charge at Templar's side.

Rest rares. The best mods to have on the jewel are on these jewels:

To maximise damage, you generally want jewels with 3 crit multi mods and 1 damage mod (either spell damage, area damage or damage) or 2 crit multi mods and 2 damage mods. Common misconception is that you want 4 crit multi mods, but this is wrong because your base damage before critting is low, so you need a base damage boost before adding on the crit multi boost. However, I do not recommend stacking too much of these unless you only do shaper, because you can one-shot yourself to reflect while clearing maps (unless you're running Scion Ascendant with Elementalist + Yugul minor pantheon + Ash, Frost and Storm cluster).

If you have not hit the ideal APS (around 5.0 if you don't have 90% chance to hit and 90% crit chance) then you need some attack speed as well. Resists and life are also very good.

Jewels are VERY IMPORTANT. Grab as many as you can. They're what makes this build have acceptable single-target damage (in fact if you have GG jewels this build has very good single-target). However, for survival purposes in clearing I recommend specing into all the life nodes on the tree before you start pathing for jewels.

FAQ
  • Q: Can I run another class?
    A: Scion Ascendant, Assassin-Elementalist. Lower damage but higher reliability due to lower reflect damage and higher crit sustain.

• Q: Which class is better?
    A: Personally, I think Scion Ascendant is better. I'm just posting the build under the Shadow forum for old times' sake.

• Q: How do I make this temp league HC viable?
    A: Run Scion Ascendant, Assassin-Elementalist. Take Death's Door over Inya's. Swap a rare shield with Lycosidae. Make sure you run 2 Elreon rings. Replace damage jewels with life jewels. Ignore accuracy nodes on the tree and spec for more life and jewel slots. You'll get around 6.4k life and 700 ES.

• Q: What's your life?
    A: 5.1k. Pales in comparison to the CI and LL versions of this build but I personally feel that it is a much better boss killer, and can have more survivability than those versions provided that you spec Scion Ascendant, Assassin-Elementalist.

• Q: What do I do about my uncapped resists?
    A: I have strangely low resists because I want to accommodate for Wise Oak. You can get resists on all your other gear if you want to and it shouldn't be difficult to cap at all (run Purity of Elements if you need to), I cap mine when I take the endurance charges into account.

• Q: Do you cap crit on every set-up?
    A: No, but I come close at around 90% with 7 power charges. Assassin's Mark puts it at 100%.

• Q: What's your chance to hit?
      A: 90% with Ice Golem. You could hit 91-92% with a 350+ acc pair of gloves.

• Q: Why 2 Discharge set-ups?
      A: One's for clear speed (Cospri's 3L), the other (Voll's chest 6L) helps with single target damage.

• Q: Why CwDT-Firestorm set-up?
      A: Power charge generation so that you always have all 7 up.

• Q: Why are you not running Level 4 Empower in your 6L +1 Voll's?
      A: It's worse than running Ele Focus.
    Last edited by kaevix on Oct 9, 2017, 5:06:59 AM
    Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 4:07:45 AM
    opened my eyes to how much jewels matter. tho they look quiet hard to get XD

are you sure shaper would be at -50% with EE up?

Aside from that nice build,

nice to see a gg shadow build

Cheers
    Last edited by kantermoose on Oct 4, 2017, 10:10:32 PM
    "
    kantermoose wrote:
    opened my eyes to how much jewels matter. tho they look quiet hard to get XD

are you sure shaper would be at -50% with EE up?

Aside from that nice build,

nice to see a gg shadow build

Cheers

Yeah. Every time you Cyclone, it has the cold damage from Cospri's which procs -50% fire and lightning resistance. That's why high APS matters even if your trigger rate is capped, and also why you don't run frenzy charges or Herald of Thunder.

Jewels shouldn't be terribly hard to get, you can craft them with the traditional alt-augment-regal method.
    Last edited by kaevix on Oct 5, 2017, 12:57:36 AM
    Hey if im using blood rage, would it better to get a +1 frenzy or +1 curse?
    Last edited by YungJew69 on Oct 5, 2017, 12:48:07 PM
    "
    YungJew69 wrote:
    Hey if im using blood rage, would it better to get a +1 frenzy or +1 curse?

+1 curse
    Hey another question, im finally level 70 using cospri now, but i kinda have issues with mana. Im only suppose to rely on vinktar for mana leech?
    "
    YungJew69 wrote:
    Hey another question, im finally level 70 using cospri now, but i kinda have issues with mana. Im only suppose to rely on vinktar for mana leech?

Nope. You're supposed to rely on 2 Elreon rings and the health and mana regen cluster between Templar and Witch. It's also one of the reasons why I recommend Scion, so you can path there early.

EDIT: I see you've already taken that cluster, but are lacking 2 Elreon rings. You need those.
    Last edited by kaevix on Oct 8, 2017, 3:49:20 PM
    ahh! thank you soo much!! :DD
    Hey, could you possibly elaborate on the differences between your build and this one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008216

Want to give Assassin Cospri's a try but am having a hard time which build to look at
    "
    GGeeron wrote:
    Hey, could you possibly elaborate on the differences between your build and this one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008216

Want to give Assassin Cospri's a try but am having a hard time which build to look at

1. My build does way more damage. Like WAY more damage.

2. My build does not have mana issues while almost 2 APS more on Shield Charge.

3. My build can facetank Shaper beam due to Vinktar's. His leech from Atziri's Promise is insufficient.

4. My build is focused around bosskilling while his is focused around clearing (hence the Headhunter, Quicksilver and Dying Sun). However, his Shield Charge speed is still slower than mine, and he has mana issues due to the lack of Elreon rings (visible when he Shield Charges in his videos).

5. My build boasts higher crit chance while his does not, even though he uses Rat's Nest. It's because his build has higher resists and life through his rings.

All in all, his build is a very reliable clearing build, but honestly if you wanted a clearspeed Cospri's build, stick with Scion Ascendant with Assassin-Elementalist. Shadow Assassin is for bosskilling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info