How to price items?

Is poe.trade applicable to the console version as well? How do we price things for the console version of the game??

Seeing some of the PC prices, I think the XB1 prices on the Trade Market are severally over-priced... To the point of absurdity; Some items for 10 Chaos Orbs on the PC are being tossed out there for 100 Chaos Orbs, or even 4+ Exalted Orbs, for the same item as on PC.

So where and how do we base these prices from? I'm at a loss.
GamerTag: Bretherezen
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2018, 1:05:17 AM
It's hard to answer how to price but you can't go off of Poe trade. The population on PC and the population on console are completely different.

For me I look over the current buy outs of a unique and make my price from there. I start sort of high and if it doesn't sell I lower it.
Standard Forever
I have found that if you take whatever is on POE Trade and double it that it usually comes close to console prices.
"
I have found that if you take whatever is on POE Trade and double it that it usually comes close to console prices.

That's just about what I was thinking... But yet even still, as I said, some items on PoE.Trade they've jacked the prices up 10x or higher on the Xbox One version. It's absurd to think the price of an item can be that high, even with the lowest rolls. But that's probably just me.

"

That's just about what I was thinking... But yet even still, as I said, some items on PoE.Trade they've jacked the prices up 10x or higher on the Xbox One version. It's absurd to think the price of an item can be that high, even with the lowest rolls. But that's probably just me.

Now that sounds quite reasonable... Was pretty much what I was thinking of doing (if I ever get around to paying-in just to trade on the Trade Board ._.*).

Do you base your price also on the item's roll, or just solely off of what everybody else thinks it's worth??
GamerTag: Bretherezen
I will take the roll into consideration as well. Depending on the item.

Perfect rolls can go for a lot more.
Standard Forever
It makes a little sense when you think about it. Pc has been out for 5 years. I know about time sensitive leagues etc. but even then the sheer exciment of it being on console and the amount of people playing is causing demand to exceed supply at this current time. I’m sure everything will stabilize over time.
"
Fulcher wrote:
It makes a little sense when you think about it. Pc has been out for 5 years. I know about time sensitive leagues etc. but even then the sheer exciment of it being on console and the amount of people playing is causing demand to exceed supply at this current time. I’m sure everything will stabilize over time.

Just how long do you people plan to keep using that pitiful excuse? There is no real demand for the vast majority of items in this game yet Xbox players continue to overprice them and think that just because they barely managed to pass a highschool business class, of which the only thing they retained was the phrase supply and demand without actually understanding anything about the concept, that they're economic experts.

My sig is a perfect example of someone who would use the bullshit claim of "supply and demand" in an attempt to justify their ridiculous overpricing due to complete and utter ignorance.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
I honestly don't understand how we went from an average price of 1 chaos orb on the PC to a common asking price 100 chaos orbs or 2 exalted orbs on the xbox in the span of a month. But I do believe there is a huge difference in culture between the two groups. I also suspect people don't know things like poe.trade exist to discover fair value for an item before putting it on the trade board. On average, expect to pay 10-20 times more on the xbox. Also, if I dearly want an item and everyone is pricing that item at avg. 3 exalted orbs, I need to ask that for items people really want from me, so I have a chance at getting what I need. That, just plain sucks to be honest. Its probably important to keep this thread alive so people are aware that the prices are stupid.

There is also a very poor and way too prevalent practice of people not putting a price in at all. The 'make an offer' default seems to be the norm - 5 pages of goods and maybe 10% have an asking price; I waste an incredible amount of time making offers and tying up my currency while I wait for an answer and, to be honest, none of those random offers has ever panned out. I no longer make offers for items with no asking price, but instead, I look for items with an asking price and offer that if I can.
"
dharmachik wrote:
I honestly don't understand how we went from an average price of 1 chaos orb on the PC to a common asking price 100 chaos orbs or 2 exalted orbs on the xbox in the span of a month. But I do believe there is a huge difference in culture between the two groups. I also suspect people don't know things like poe.trade exist to discover fair value for an item before putting it on the trade board. On average, expect to pay 10-20 times more on the xbox. Also, if I dearly want an item and everyone is pricing that item at avg. 3 exalted orbs, I need to ask that for items people really want from me, so I have a chance at getting what I need. That, just plain sucks to be honest. Its probably important to keep this thread alive so people are aware that the prices are stupid.

There is also a very poor and way too prevalent practice of people not putting a price in at all. The 'make an offer' default seems to be the norm - 5 pages of goods and maybe 10% have an asking price; I waste an incredible amount of time making offers and tying up my currency while I wait for an answer and, to be honest, none of those random offers has ever panned out. I no longer make offers for items with no asking price, but instead, I look for items with an asking price and offer that if I can.

PC prices are a good starting point if no one has a clue how to price something but xbox prices are never going to be the same as PC's. They have completely different populations so PC will get far more of a particular item than Xbox does. It's the same game but different economies. PC also has the trading websites which make it much easier for them.

It's a good call to ignore items without buyouts. I normally do the same as well to save time.
Standard Forever
"
Slizzered wrote:
"
Fulcher wrote:

Just how long do you people plan to keep using that pitiful excuse? There is no real demand for the vast majority of items in this game yet Xbox players continue to overprice them and think that just because they barely managed to pass a highschool business class, of which the only thing they retained was the phrase supply and demand without actually understanding anything about the concept, that they're economic experts.

My sig is a perfect example of someone who would use the bullshit claim of "supply and demand" in an attempt to justify their ridiculous overpricing due to complete and utter ignorance.

I'm curious exactly what you are talking about here. My general thinking is that an item is not overpriced if there are players willing to pay that price. I had this conversation with someone over the belly of the beast chest. I had sold two for 4ex each. His point was the item is overrated and therefore overpriced. I agreed that people shouldn't be paying that much for the item but my point was that if people are wiling to pay that much currency for it then that is what it is worth.

I do agree that people have put too high of price tags on items that are obviously not going to sell for that.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info