Another day another terrorist attack

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm all in for strict gun control laws but I don't think it's the solution for this case. The type of guns he used are banned in the US since 1986.

Banned isn't quite the right word. They were (and still are) purchasable with the proper license.

Have any more details come out?

Do we know if the gun(s) he owned were legally obtained and not modified?
Do we know how many guns and boxes of ammo he toted up to that hotel room?
Do we have any kind of motive whatsoever?

I agree with diablofdb with the split between "mass shooter events" and "general gun control". I can imagine a world with the strictest possible gun control laws, 50 years in prison for sharing 3d diagrams of how to build a gun, etc... and a mass murderer still getting one and shooting 50 people. Or just falling back to a "simpler" machine like a car or a bomb.
It's not illegal to own fully automatic conversion parts. Because those are just parts. It becomes illegal when you install the parts into a working firearm. For the same reason rolling papers are still legal, even though everyone uses them to roll marijuana. And why brill-o pads sit right next to the rolling papers at many service stations. The moment you start making arbitrary shit, illegal, is a slippery slope. Then you set the precedence for something that can be applied to anything people in power don't like.
"
pneuma wrote:

Heaven't heard of anything.

But yeah, can't legally buy a new machinegun, only those acquired before year dunno which. It's an ever shrinking pool and and as a result they grew hella expensive so if he had a whole armory up there it's more likely it was illegal. Dunno, he might have used one of those bumpfire thingies too, with this kind of publicity it would have a great chance of being banned. Sure, it's pretty much a toy but he wouldn't have needed anything better in that kind of situation.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It's really not that hard to obtain class 3 weapons. Considering the shooter was 'well off' and the last few guns he purchased were legally obtained, I wouldn't doubt if all his weapons were legal.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
I'm all in for strict gun control laws but I don't think it's the solution for this case. The type of guns he used are banned in the US since 1986.

Banned isn't quite the right word. They were (and still are) purchasable with the proper license.

Legally obtained and outfitted with bump stock devices.

"At least" 23 firearms in the room, tripods scopes etc. Surveillance cameras set up inside and outside of his room to notify him of police whereabouts. More firearms as well as 1000's of rounds of ammunition found in his home.

No motive. Most likely never will know.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Oct 3, 2017, 6:50:20 PM
More really makes you think material. Or is this standard procedure?

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
More really makes you think material. Or is this standard procedure?
Spoiler
I wouldn't say "standard procedure" but it does seem in line with someone hoping to sell previously semi-public information. Could be the hotel itself or a rogue employee.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Wasnt deleted just scrubbed from normal employees view so normal employees cant sell it to TMZ. If they perma deleted thats a felony not to mention when families and victims sue Mandalay Bay the judge would bury the hotel chain.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 3, 2017, 10:09:06 PM
Or that.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
23 guns? WTF? I understand barrels get hot so maybe 4-5 but 23? How did no one not notice this? Wonder where the other shooters are. This whole thing stinks. Wealthy dude, 64, mass murderer, yeah right!! I dont buy it. Old man who they knew had a lot of guns was probably kidnapped and shot dead in there while real killers (some .gov outfit) are on the loose.

Motive is easy. See all Democrats with their gun ban bills ready to go.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 3, 2017, 10:17:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info