Do u dream?

Hi everyone, do u have dreams once u sleep? If aye, what's ur favourite kind of dream?
I did speak to my friend and he don't remember any of his dreams... I do dream every night and I do remember most of them.. I do have all sorts of dreams;) scary, funny, heroic, erotic;) .... I feel, smell, taste, cry, laugh in my dreams. My favourite dreams r those when I have special powers, like I can fly, do massive jumps something like in matrix movie, or breathing under water;) its awesome feeling;) Then I have bad dreams too, like I'm being chased and can't run... Or those worst ones I got killed.. I had one bad dream a long time ago, I was in forest in my homelands, I know every tree in there, and I was trying to hide from this bad guy, he did always find me didn't matter were I hide, so I've vent to my best hideout where he could not find me. It was underground beneath massive tree roots. Well cut it short that guy stays on top of that roots and I know he's there and then he pierces those roots with his spear and stab me right through my back and I'm pinned to the ground in massive pain, bleeding, helpless.... than I've woke up! Not nice at all! But most of my dreams r nice and give me nice smile once I wake up;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 6:22:45 AM
Since most people have 3-5 dreams every night, and some people even more than that, I can definetly say that I have dreams when I sleep :)

Most dreams are instantly forgotten though, which is completely normal. I do remember a dream here and there but they are quickly discarded so I cant really tell you about any of them.

I think the weirdest dreams are the ones that abruptly wake me up in the middle of the night. I'm not sure what actually happened in the dream though. Sometimes I wake up just as I slam my arm into the wall, maybe I was trying to attack someone or defend myself.

I know that I've had dreams where I absolutely destroyed competetively in a video game, and when I wake up I am not sure if it actually happened or if it was just a dream, but just a couple minutes later I know it was just a dream and I soon forget the dream completely.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I only remember my dreams when I sleep on my back.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
My dreams are crazy af. The best way I can explain it, because it's so hard to put into words, is that they are like extremely vivid memories of past lives or as though I'm experiencing being someone in a parallel universe. Like, I'm me but I'm not me...if that makes sense.

And the times I don't have those type of dreams I'm dreaming about dead friends/relatives where we are having conversations about things that have happened after they died. It's so bizarre.

I always hear people saying that when they wake up and fall back to sleep they have different dreams. I'm not fortunate enough for that though because every single time I wake up and go back to sleep (even after being awake for 15-20 mins) the dreams pick up right where they left off.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Iv had 2 profound lasting dreams.

20 years ago i had a dream i time travel to the end of the universe to have the final word on how the time stream develops. On a planet of corpses, war machines, and space ships i turn around and there is a giant 5 foot tall praying mantis that stabs me all the way through my gut. I woke up with a severe pain right where i was stabbed.

Last week i had a dream in which i witnessed irrefutable proof (i dont remember what it was) for the existence of god. All the blood rushed to my head and it was just a mind blowing revelation. But then i woke up. I thought to myself, oh that figures; i couldnt trust evidence from a dream. And i had just a massive headache. Standing up made me feel like i was going to pass out. 3 days later it wasnt getting better so i went to the doctor and called in sick for the next 2 days. Its better now, but jesus i was getting scared.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
I've had a severe case of insomnia for over 10 years and have developed something rather unusual in recent years. Wonder if anyone else is able to do this.
Basically if I wake up earlier than usual, I am capable to put my interrupted dream in a "paused" state while I do my business in bathroom/grab a glass of water/etc then returning to the same dream when I go back to sleep. Its hard to explain, but I feel a very specific sensation in part of the brain when I do so, I can also purposely change stuff about the dream while awakened, continuing it separately from what I do IRL and I notice some clear different sensation in the brain, it feels more "active" if I do so. (I've stopped doing it though since I do not enjoy a dream as much as when it writes itself, the subconscious is far more creative, it also feels "fake", I'd compare the sensation to lying about something, the dream is like a memory and you know the situation is not right when you purposely change it).

I also rarely dream and personally do not believe what is said about we dreaming every night. I believe myself to be more in-tune with my own mind more so than the average person, as I've created the concept of a mind vault when I was younger. (only came to know some other concept that is close to it exists in theory very recently - the mind palace". though the purposes for each are almost opposite). I do not remember all my dreams but I remember if I dreamed and how many dreams I had as long as I wish to, I find the trick to retain the memory of a dream well is to tell yourself to remember the dream before and after waking up.

Have a few recurring dreams that come back to me from time to time, or rather, they tend to be recurring settings, sometimes even continuing from where they left off years ago, sometimes just separate stories happening in the same location. very cool sensation. I wrote of a wishing fireplace in a thread in these forums, that place was actually in one of my dreams. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1883899/page/1#p14402640.
Perhaps this is something that is very known but it shouldnt hurt to repeat that its a good idea to have a sketchbook by your bedside, many a revelation/ideas/concepts can come to you in dreams

Have a lot of theories on dreams and some knowledge which I'll keep to myself either forever or until I make of it a book, if only for it to be seen as a dream journal.
Definitely love dreams
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 2, 2017, 11:14:53 PM
Id rather not talk what i dream about, as mostly it is not nice, but im used to it since I can remember myself existing.

I am fully in control of any dream in any way possible, but in recent years I've given up control, and roleplay the dream as it should be, unless something extreme happens, then I just phase away.

Dreams are fun, once you lose all your fears. It took me a while since childhood, if you know the experience when you wake up after shock, but I learned to control the first time shock and not wake up and stay in dream and stabilize myself to fully experience whatever happens. After a while, there are less and less things that can shock me, I just do my thing and explore regardless.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Oct 2, 2017, 4:54:14 AM
I did have a very disturbing dream once,never had a dream like it before.It's because of it that I started to see how parts of your brain are switched off during dreams but not always the same things.Things like self awareness and morality seem missing in some of my dreams.

Sometimes I have what seem like sleepless dreams,I don't feel like I have been asleep yet I remember having a dream.I assume I slept because I dreamt but I don't have that just woke up feeling.

Best topic ever.

I rarely remember my dreams, but i intend to find them again. I think when i was little i was afraid of revealing myself to others and let them see what was inside me so i suppressed my dreams. I recall being told i would be sleepwalking, like going to the bathroom and no memory, or i would speak things while walking around sleeping, or just shout out in the bed. Have entire conversations with no memory thereof. I have one memory of being told what i done the following day, the memory which i think caused me to suppress my dreams. It was just me shouting something about not touching a snake(it was dangerous). I was in some heroic dream and wanted to save maybe my mother or something and it was so real to me i was shouting it loud in my sleep("DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!") and woke my whole family up. I felt so embarrassed, there was something more, an emotion i need to rediscover, something that i really loathed feeling so much that it caused me to block myself even in dreams! It was something linked to not being able to protect myself in sleep and being embarrassed at what i'd do when i didn't have my conscious mind protecting me. Maybe i was afraid i would spill secrets, i guess i have always been one to see and realize things about others that aren't always meant to be shared.

Nowadays dreams mostly come to me in the form of warnings, omens, when they are so powerful that they break through my suppression. When i am in my worst periods in life, my dreams call out to me and warn me. They create something which allows me to observe myself and gain perspective on my situation and insights into my troubles.

When i was much younger, one i recall a few details from still was that I was on a train riding full speed and were on the outside of it, i can't remember how i got there anymore, but my parent's were there and Hitler killed them in front of me before disappearing and i would go on a quest for revenge now that i finally had a purpose. That wasn't the scary part however, the scary part was the feeling i had when he killed them - it was such a real feeling that i knew it was profound. I felt so free, like i felt the worlds troubles had been lifted from my shoulders and i could finally live my own purpose in life. And i don't come from a troubled family of abuse or whatever. It scared me enough that it woke me up and I haven't forgotten it since, but it also made me address the situation which was quite silly that i felt like i had something to live up to before i could live my life and needed to be free of that before i could just be myself. Coming at the time it did, it may seem a little thing but it was the right omen for me, the right vision to show me the way at the right time when i was in my darkest hour and needed a guiding light, a place from which to climb back into life.

I have had other dreams that warned me such as one obscure dream of woven webs and shadows in which when i reached out for people they dematerialized or just stood there laughing non-reacting to me in any way and i wasn't able to reach them.. for example someone whom i was in love with and the people that surrounded me at one point in life, serving to warm me that it wasn't right for me, that the people didn't care for me at all and that it wasn't a good place for me and i needed change. They warned me when i couldn't see it myself.

But my dreams are rarely bad, it's just for some reason i cannot remember the good dreams, and when i do i forget them within 10 minutes from waking up or sometimes i remember them later in fragments but soon to be forgotten.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Usually erotic dreams and waking up with rock hard boner.
I feel happy to share that, thank you
Last edited by FinYuna on Oct 8, 2017, 5:38:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info