[3.0]Ape's Molten-claw; crit molten strike (guardians, shaper down)

Spoiler

Hello, was experimenting with crit molten strike and got to somehow decent numbers with 12 projectiles; 400k+ dps each (inc aoe), 700k+ (conc effect) + main hit you can get easily to over 8 mil single target dps. Build is also quite tanky with 7k hp and vaal pact. Easily evaporated all guardians and shaper, unfortunately I can't make video because I play on laptop, so you gotta trust me on it ;). Here is basic concept:

Path of Building screen with increased AoE:
Spoiler

We use xoph's blood for Avatar of Fire and solid dps it gives.
Spoiler

As weapons I dual wield scourge because of low cost comparable to rare claws I'd have to use for same damage numbers and wolves can tank a great deal for me. Body should be obviously belly which gets us over 7k life, helmet can be rare or Starkonja's, important is the enchant (3 additional molten strike projectiles.)
Spoiler

On boots and gloves we focus on capping our resists, best enchant would be added fire dmg for boots, for gloves we'd prefer Gripped base.
Spoiler

Our rings should obviously be opals, focusing on Elemental damage with attack skills, accuracy and resists. Leather belt with as much life as possible + resists or for higher budgets headhunter.
Spoiler

Mandatory flask is Dying sun, Wise Oak is also great.
Spoiler

On jewels we focus on crit, crit multi, life, attack speed.. we can also look for fire damage, minion damage (thanks to scourge), etc. We also use 2x Wildfire Crimson jewel which gives us additional 4 projectiles resulting in final 12 projectiles.

In our main setup we link molten strike with faster attacks (prefer it to multistrike as it doesn't hold us in place), elemental damage with attacks, critical damage and immolate (it gives great deal of damage and we don't have any issue igniting stuff) and finally increased aoe which we can switch to conc effect. You can see all links in items in spoilers.

Ascendancy: Pain reaver > Crave the Slaughter > Cloaked in Savagery > Aspect of Carnage
Pantheon: Soul of Lunaris (up to avoid projectiles that have chained because of wolves) and Soul of Gruthkul

Finally here is my 95 level tree:

What are other options?
1. for more boss dps (like that's neccessary) you could use windscream boots and use projectile weakness as second curse which would put you over 1.2 mil dps on each projectile.
2. for easier gearing you could use Lycoside shield (hit's won't miss) and drop the dual wield and accuracy nodes
3. if you want to be beefier you can drop some damage nodes and grab more life nodes (7,5k+ life)

What's next for the build?
1. getting additional curse Xoph's blood and using Assassin's mark for more reliable crit and power charge generation and switching cwdt+bv+pcoc setup to something more useful.
2. crafting gg Opals and getting mirror worthy rare claws
3. level 100 ;)

Thanks for reading & Have fun.

Last edited by stavskiii on Sep 29, 2017, 6:52:25 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 9:34:48 AM
ever thought about using taming + emberwake?
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Would be extremely hard to cap my resists with headhunter if I did. Also I really needed accuracy on at least one ring.
Edit: Nvm I realized I was calculating the dmg wrong. Also I am changing it a bit so my dmg #'s will be a bit lower but I can still maintain instaleech on ST.
Last edited by TechnoShark on Dec 7, 2017, 10:01:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info