Skyrim.

Meh never liked Skyrim never finished it got bored very quickly, always prefered Morrowind and Oblivion.
I love elder's scrolls, and i love Skyrim. Even though i might have a million critisisms about the game (yeah, technically the bad things are more than the good ones), i still remember the awasome feeling i had exploring the world. And it has happened with Morrowing and Oblivion before as well. And after the huge commercial AND critical success of Skyrim you 'd think they would have developed the new TES by now.

However i do beleive that Bethesda does care about quality, and they do want to be on top of their game. Since they were kings at these open worldish - third person action RPGs, the game has been stepped up 10 levels.

We had Dark Souls and the sequels, which of course might be very different, but it still is a third person Action RPG, semi open world(in the broad sense) that revolutionised the action Gameplay aspect of ARPGs to the point that made every other look extremely swallow and poor. This also applies on isometric clasic ARPGs like PoE. This kind of gameplay might have been fun in the past, but if you compare it to Dark SOuls which set a new standard, it comes off extremely off putting.

More importantly though we have had The Witcher Series getting alot of attention. Witcher 1-2 and were amazing, but the Witcher 3 came off as a right away competitor to Skyrim. We have a full open world game, but this time with far better and enganging gameplay (sure inferior to Dark Souls but a million times better than TeS games), better and bigger world to explor, amazing questlines, amazing dialoges, good side quests and not so generic ones. Generally it did everything Skyrim did, but much better (the only thing Skyrim has over The Witcher 3 is basically Mods). Not to mention that CDProjektRed set a new record in therms of ethical attitude towards customers. 16 free DLCs, 2 expansion packs at very low price with rediculous amounts of content and with top notch quality. Releasing patches to address issues and complaints that players had etc. All these while bethesda had the whole moding controversy which was a disaster and they luckily reversed it.

Bethesda definetely want TES 6 to be the commercial and critical giant that Skyrim was, and to do that, these among others are things they have to take into consideration, especially after the critical failure of Falout 4.
Last edited by astraph on Oct 1, 2017, 5:46:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info