Applied for a job- got an interview

"
Monstamunch wrote
I don't enjoy the work but the period of unemployment between my last job and this one was so horrific and destructive for my mental and physical well being that I'm just grateful for what I have, and will continue to try my best at it.

I understand, unfortunately exactly what you mean. Due to a combo of ill luck and an evil economic wind me and spouse were laid off about a month apart some years ago. NOT good times. It totally changes your perspective of unemployment and having a job.
Censored.
"
My last job i was at 10 years before I left.

You come to realize that it isn't the job at all that you miss or grow comfortable with. It is the people.

Now I work at IBM for the last 3 years and it's been great.

Advice? Forge relationships first when you start your new job. Be helpful to anyone and everyone at all levels of the organization. Find new work friends that you can be yourself with. Everything else? Trust yourself and your experiences to guide you through the boring stuff (actual work).

This guy knows what it's about!
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I've never applied for a job and never will. I've worked for my uncle since a kid and run my own crew today. In a way everyday I apply for a job with customers and have 100s of bosses a year so could be worse. :P
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 2, 2017, 5:00:19 PM
getting my 25 year pin this coming summer. At about 500 students/year that's 12,500 plague-ridden rodents that know calculus because of me.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 2, 2017, 8:37:00 PM
Oh, wow, gratz Shagsbeard! That is an awesome achievement.
Censored.
Nearly 20 years! And 15 years of various other gigs before that. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
getting my 25 year pin this coming summer. At about 500 students/year that's 12,500 plague-ridden rodents that know calculus because of me.

Not to be a dick but I dont even know what calculus is. Will it help me make money? I respect teachers tho. My mom teaches at UCI and is a lawyer. Just never for me. I knew at like 12 money was to be made ppl working for me. aka secondary income.

Then when you get a bank balance can get tertiary income. (stock market commodities and shit)

Working sucks thats why they have to pay you for it
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 7, 2017, 12:16:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info