Applied for a job- got an interview

... man, how do you move on from a job after 7 years? Its all I know! Tired of working weekend!

How long have YOU been at your current job if you have one?
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2017, 12:15:14 AM
Look at it as an opportunity to do something different with your life. Different good, different bad, time will tell.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
My last job i was at 10 years before I left.

You come to realize that it isn't the job at all that you miss or grow comfortable with. It is the people.

Now I work at IBM for the last 3 years and it's been great.

Advice? Forge relationships first when you start your new job. Be helpful to anyone and everyone at all levels of the organization. Find new work friends that you can be yourself with. Everything else? Trust yourself and your experiences to guide you through the boring stuff (actual work).

"
KonaLuvsPOE wrote:
... man, how do you move on from a job after 7 years? Its all I know! Tired of working weekend!

How long have YOU been at your current job if you have one?
Do you have a new job already? Some skills sets allow you to move easily across industries and companies; for others it is harder.

This might be a good time to up your game and not only get hours more to your liking, but also join a growing industry.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Why would you like to work here Kona?

I just got employed recently, so I'm actually wishing I could work weekends.

Not sure how I'd feel about it if I had to do it for 7 years, though.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi there, I did swap a few jobs in my life, usually quit cos I got better money offered;) I don't bother if job is hard, if it's paid good I can manage;) did all sort of jobs farm work, factory work, did gardening/landscaping, driving, plumbing, joinery... and now I'm on t fishing boat diving for clams;) for 3 yrs already... doing my childhood dream job;)as a kid I always been dreaming about to b diver, and now I'm getting paid for it too... awesome... love it;) Hope u'll have good ppl at your new job to work with. GL man..
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
use to work 5 days, now only 3. seems to be the best ratio. ;)
Excellence isn't what keeps you in a position. It's personal likeability. Being 'too good' is more likely to be a threat to someone who's in the position above you, and is extremely risky to do, especially when you're new. If you're new, just dial it back, even to the point where you're bordering incompetence, try to make friends with everyone at the workplace. Be a social butterfly that does the bare minimum required to keep your job. That's what succeeds in American companies these days.

If you try to be 'too good', 'too competent', 'go above and beyond', you're bound to step on the toes of others. People don't like getting their toes stepped on at the workplace. Especially by a new person.

Unfortunately, I was told wrong. My dad is of the 'old school' way of thinking, and he told me to always do my best regardless of the task given, but me doing my best is most people's 'going above and beyond', and it took me quite a few years to learn this lesson. I was being a threat, and stepping on other people's toes without realizing it.

I recently took a part-time job working in a print shop. Anyway, I caught on extremely quick. After I worked there 2 weeks, I started offering suggestions to improve efficiency. The thing is, I did it via a 'middle man'. And this was smarter, because I was able to make a suggestion without stepping on anyone's toes. And didn't give a shit who took credit for it. Withing 2 weeks, about 1/2 of my suggestions were implemented. My attitude used to be "I'm important", "I'm valuable", and "Let me prove to you how valuable I am", because doing anything less meant you weren't trying.

This might seem like "well, duh" to some of you, but I'm not a people person, never have been. I have difficulties understanding people's personal sensitivities. I have great difficulties with empathy, and understanding others. Social dynamics can be somewhat confusing for me.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 1, 2017, 6:00:29 PM
I've been at my current job for almost exactly a year. I don't enjoy the work but the period of unemployment between my last job and this one was so horrific and destructive for my mental and physical well being that I'm just grateful for what I have, and will continue to try my best at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info