[3.0] Rippling Thoughts Blade Flurry CWC Glacial Cascade EZ mode facetank end game bossing/mobbing

"
Strad1975 wrote:
Can you get full effect of wise oak as long as your resists are capped? Thought I read somewhere if they are capped doesn't matter if they match up.

Unfortunately you have to have all three (fire, cold, and lightning) at the same number in order for it to give you the penetration for all three elements, and the same to receive the reduced elemental damage benefit for all three. This is the information taken from the WIKI:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Wise_Oak

Mechanics
This flask provides a defensive buff to whichever resistances share the lowest uncapped value, and a penetration buff to whichever resistances share the highest uncapped value. If any or all of your resistances match, they will share benefits.

For example:

Fire res: 120, Cold res: 120, Lightning res: 110
In this scenario, you gain the penetration bonus to Fire and Cold because they are tied for the highest value. Lightning will get the defensive buff.

Fire res: 120, Cold res: 120, Lightning res: 120
In this scenario, you are in fact getting the offensive and the defensive buff to every element.
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.
How will this build handle the Vaal Pact nerf (if true)? Will it be updated?
"
r6much wrote:
How will this build handle the Vaal Pact nerf (if true)? Will it be updated?

I will be doing quite a bit of testing to figure out how we will be able to leech after the insta-leech is taken from spell damage, and still hopefully maintain the same (or close to it) survivability as the build currently has now.

Yes, the build will definitely be updated. Yesterday we found out that there will be a new threshold jewel for... GLACIAL CASCADE!!! and MAN oh MAN is it AWESOME!!! Just like most of the other threshold jewels, it is limited to two jewels, but what that jewel does for us is: add an additional "blast" to our Glacial Cascade, AND 20% of our physical damage converted to cold damage. So what that means for us is, we get 100% physical to cold damage conversion WITHOUT needing the 40% conversion enchantment for the helm, OR the gloves (Hrimmsorrow). This jewel really breathed life into the build for sure.
Unfortunately we wont be able to do the version of the build as it exists now, in the next league, do in part to the temporary removal of us being able to acquire any of the Harbinger league items. That doesn't mean that we cant do the build on standard. I will be working on an update post 3.1 on standard, AND a variant (Minus the Harbinger gear) of it on the Abyss league. I will definitely be updating this as we get more info from the folks at GGG. Stay tuned...
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info