[3.0] [SC] Crit Dark Pact Assassin | ALL CONTENT VIABLE | CLEAR SPEED META POSSIBLE | HAS 1 VIDEO

"
oniminion wrote:
"
bluechimera wrote:

Am I missing something, I am using a Thief's Torment and it is not leeching because DP is a spell... not an attack, right?
How did you intend for this to be used?

Oh right, I realized this after writing but I was in the middle of something so I forgot to edit my comment. Thief's Torment doesn't work with spells, that is true. I sustained early on by using a Blasphemy Warlord's setup as soon as I got them, and rushed to Vaal Pact by the time I could do Cruel lab.

Thanks for the reply, and yea, that is what I ended up doing too.
nice build! :)
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
Anyone who is struggling with this build, make a note. The build it centered around the boots WITH enchants at 80 percent, without them you just die endlessly and the character is unplayable. Needs to be 80 percent, lower values do not accomplish anything, tested it with a variety of boots rolls.
Last edited by Bab4Yaga on Nov 28, 2017, 12:02:46 AM
"
Bab4Yaga wrote:
Anyone who is struggling with this build, make a note. The build it centered around the boots WITH enchants at 80 percent, without them you just die endlessly and the character is unplayable. Needs to be 80 percent, lower values do not accomplish anything, tested it with a variety of boots rolls.

It's not 'unplayable' necessarily, even without the boot enchant. As I stated in the Flask section, a Kiara's Determination will help a lot for mapping. Although it doesn't really help against bosses, and it differs varyingly from other meta VP-related builds, red maps' bosses don't stun very often, since you would be (and almost mandatorily) dodging attacks to stay alive while casting Dark Pact. The build just requires a more cautious play style comparing to others. But yes, without the boot enchant, stunlocks are very much fatal and will make your experience disastrous, so I highly suggest getting one for the QoL.
Hey guys,
i'm new to this game, is it possible to play this build without wands?
The shadow looks cool to me, but i prefer to use daggers or claws.
"
Hey guys,
i'm new to this game, is it possible to play this build without wands?
The shadow looks cool to me, but i prefer to use daggers or claws.

Welcome, fellow exile! The dual wands are the core of the build, since they synergize very well with Assassin ascendancy, but as I stated in the 'Equipment' section, this build allows using a dagger + shield for a more comfortable playstyle while only sacrificing a marginal amount of damage. Good luck!
What ascendancy points do you use in this build?
Hi I am a new player, just hit lvl 31 with Shadow while playing the build.

Is this not lvling or new player friendly? I finally got the Dark Pact + Blasphemy + Warlords combo but I don't gain anywhere near enough health to spam Dark Pact. I just end up near death and needing to switch to my claws to Dual Strike things to death.

I've been following the Passives guide, my only guess is that this needs expensive uniques to be playable?
Hey! Great guide, where would u put in herald of ice for shatter, and would u not be using Haste then?

Also I think you should be more "foreward" about the stun issue this build has. It's a REAL pain if you don't have the boot enchant.
Last edited by Zahr_ on Dec 4, 2017, 6:13:44 PM
"
Hey! Great guide, where would u put in herald of ice for shatter, and would u not be using Haste then?

Also I think you should be more "foreward" about the stun issue this build has. It's a REAL pain if you don't have the boot enchant.

If you like shattering stuff then feel free to swap out Haste for HoI. The build is already fast enough (to my personal preference) to comfortably clear red maps without an issue. The matter of stunlock is, like you said, meddlesome. I did mention the problem of stuns and stun immunity methods in the 'Equipment' section, but I'll put it in the 'Cons' section as well as means of forewarn. Thanks for the suggestion and good luck!
[double posted]
Last edited by oniminion on Dec 4, 2017, 8:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info