[3.1] Kitava's Spirit - Budget Multicast Trickster [Uber Farm capable]

Nice guide, fun build :)

Because this sounded fun and i had a 5l Carcass + 1 Apeps around I respecced my lvl 74 Chaos/Crit Trickster into phys DPS (I still have the Sorc-Critnodes and Doomcast).
Aside from the Carcass Jack it is really dirt cheap. I spent under 15c for the Jewel, Kitavas, 1 Apeps and the Amulet. All else are "okish" random rares i had lieing around.
I still do not have Mom, the Scion lifewheel and still use the flasks i leveled with.

So even in this very mix and match state I allready cleared up to T10 while the gems aren't even leveled yet (lvl 16 BF/EK/BV, lvl 4 Iron Will and lvl 12 GC in my setup atm). I'm a bit under 4k HP and not lightning resist capped atm.
Its cheap, its fun and with investement into rares and jewels you can probably scale it to be rock solid (and lose the Amulet). My profile is public if anyone wants to have a look, you really don't need much.

I just have one glaring question:
Not running GC (+BF/EK) in the helmet seems pretty strange to me? I know you say you don't like GC but isn't "BF/EK/GC + Controlled Destruction" just plain better than your setup?
You don't lose the chaos and other elemental DMG from your gear and you gain another spell that scales with the Phys-DMG? Or just getting a 2G/2B Kitavas, which could be a bit annoying, and supporting them with something diffrent than Brutality?

+One smaller Question:
Why Flamegolem over Lightning? Same goes for, why no "Walk the Aether" for its 20% Castspeed?

Last edited by aDoreMe on Oct 2, 2017, 9:56:24 AM
Thanks for this great build.

I just have a small question.

What about bandits? All kill?
I think it's a pretty cool idea. Haven't tried it yet but I'm very curious how it can be improved to do Shaper for instance and how reflect can be mitigated/reduced. Also, would Blade Vortex be the most optimal spell or have you tried other spells?
"
aDoreMe wrote:
Nice guide, fun build :)

Because this sounded fun and i had a 5l Carcass + 1 Apeps around I respecced my lvl 74 Chaos/Crit Trickster into phys DPS (I still have the Sorc-Critnodes and Doomcast).
Aside from the Carcass Jack it is really dirt cheap. I spent under 15c for the Jewel, Kitavas, 1 Apeps and the Amulet. All else are "okish" random rares i had lieing around.
I still do not have Mom, the Scion lifewheel and still use the flasks i leveled with.

So even in this very mix and match state I allready cleared up to T10 while the gems aren't even leveled yet (lvl 16 BF/EK/BV, lvl 4 Iron Will and lvl 12 GC in my setup atm). I'm a bit under 4k HP and not lightning resist capped atm.
Its cheap, its fun and with investement into rares and jewels you can probably scale it to be rock solid (and lose the Amulet). My profile is public if anyone wants to have a look, you really don't need much.

Not running GC (+BF/EK) in the helmet seems pretty strange to me? I know you say you don't like GC but isn't "BF/EK/GC + Controlled Destruction" just plain better than your setup?
You don't lose the chaos and other elemental DMG from your gear and you gain another spell that scales with the Phys-DMG? Or just getting a 2G/2B Kitavas, which could be a bit annoying, and supporting them with something diffrent than Brutality?

+One smaller Question:
Why Flamegolem over Lightning? Same goes for, why no "Walk the Aether" for its 20% Castspeed?

I just recently got back into the game and chose this build as the one that I will try and make my own and really liked your post regarding GC. As a new player that doesnt really understand all the mechanics yet, in what way is GC better that Brutality? As for "Walk the Aether" I think its the better choice and when I finally unlock uber lab will most definetely be taking it along with CWDT + Phase Run to have what I hope is a constant 20% more cast speed.

How have you been liking Apeps? My current set up is using 2x Singularity for the + damage against hindered enemies and using a second Fevered Mind to get to the 100 mana per cast. I know I would get 20% more cast speed using 2x Apep but Im not sure if its worth missing out on the 150% more damage (hopefully it works this way?).
Last edited by LooneyBoon200 on Oct 5, 2017, 10:21:14 AM
Your questions are kinda one questons.

I don't like brutality because it removes all the extra dmg Apeps give for like, no reason at all?
The thing is with this build... You can run 1 spell in the head with 3 good supports or 3 spells with 1 support... I'm not into PoE math but wearing 2 weapons that give a big ass Chaos DMG bonus and then using a support that disables said bonus (along with everything else that gives you non-phys dmg) sounds just stupid?

Glacial Cascade is just really awesome atm. and it scale with phys dmg... Disregarding it because of looks may be fun, but not sane ;)

Wish the guy that posted the guide would respond again, on reddit i read that your best off with just one spell in the head and 3 good supports.... But, i have no clue. its just very disco and fun with 3 spells :)

in the end, don't kid yourself, Blade Vortex on its own is a strong spell that can do just about everything... The head just makes it way more comfortable and entertaining.
Last edited by aDoreMe on Oct 5, 2017, 5:20:47 PM
Yeah I think I might play around with the gem set up and go for a more elemental version for the build. All I need to do now is save for a 6 link carcass jacket.

"
aDoreMe wrote:

+One smaller Question:

I don't like brutality because it removes all the extra dmg Apeps give for like, no reason at all?
The thing is with this build... You can run 1 spell in the head with 3 good supports or 3 spells with 1 support... I'm not into PoE math but wearing 2 weapons that give a big ass Chaos DMG bonus and then using a support that disables said bonus (along with everything else that gives you non-phys dmg) sounds just stupid?

GC is a very directional skill. Bladefall and EK hit wide areas which helps extend the reach of the skill. GC's definitely a viable option for single target instead of supporting with Brutality. It all depends on how you want to run the character: Single Target or Clear speed. Brutality is better for general clearing.

As for why Flame over Lightning, the total damage bonus provided by Flame Golem far outweighs the cast speed gained from Lightning Golem. It's mainly because Blade Vortex has hard diminishing returns on cast speed, once you can hit 20 stacks consistently, additional cast speed is not very beneficial.

That being said, it does help with the triggers/second for the helm based gems, but not by much. The same goes for Walk the Aether. Two Ascendancy nodes for 20% cast speed when diminishing returns are already heavily in effect for cast speed is not something I'd prefer to do. Apep's wands give so much cast speed on their own it's not really work it to get WtA over another big Ascendancy node.

As much as cast speed is necessary for the build, the diminishing returns are hard. It's also why standard Haste Aura isn't included.

When it comes to Brutality over a third spell or another support: The damage from Apep's isn't that beneficial. The spells we're using deal high base physical damage and the bonus damage from the wands is far outweighed by the bonus granted by Brutality. Now don't get me wrong, you can very easily go with Added Fire or another spell over Brutality, but you'll be doing less damage overall to tough bosses due to resistances, unless you're actively using a flask, or sacrifice some defenses to run Herald of Ash or possibly even Hatred.

You could definitely go with elemental conversion or have the added damage. I tried them all out but I just prefer physical damage is all, there's not much variation in overall damage or clearspeed between the options.

"
Sageone wrote:

Also, would Blade Vortex be the most optimal spell or have you tried other spells?

It's the best physical spell available due to it's base cast time of 0.5 seconds. If you're going with an elemental version (which is more than possible) there's a few spells with similar cast time.

"
wiesiul wrote:

What about bandits? All kill?

Whoops! I forgot to put this in the guide, but yes I killed all the bandits.

That being said, Alira is a very viable option if you wish to relax your gear requirements.

"
aDoreMe wrote:

Wish the guy that posted the guide would respond again

Also sorry about disappearing for a while. I've had a busy week and I didn't even get to play any PoE during it ;__;

IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Last edited by Darkblitz9 on Oct 9, 2017, 8:15:06 AM
Hi!

Nice build and I'm trying it atm. I'm at level 42 and there is Fevered Mind and Kitava's Thirst just waiting in my vault to be used. Does it matter to which jewel -slot you put Fevered Mind? I mean could it be slotted instead of Cobalt Jewel up in the tree, where you slotted the Cobalt one?
"
tanaceleb wrote:
Hi!

Nice build and I'm trying it atm. I'm at level 42 and there is Fevered Mind and Kitava's Thirst just waiting in my vault to be used. Does it matter to which jewel -slot you put Fevered Mind? I mean could it be slotted instead of Cobalt Jewel up in the tree, where you slotted the Cobalt one?

Nope. Place it anywhere you'd like. it's not a threshold jewel so it will work regardless of where it's socketed.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
"
tanaceleb wrote:
Hi!

Nope. Place it anywhere you'd like. it's not a threshold jewel so it will work regardless of where it's socketed.

I thought so, just checking. I'm now at level 52 and my Blade Vortex cost is 66 w/supports. Is there a way to increase it? Apep's comes to play at level 62. I have a Fevered Mind, should I buy another one (it's quite expensive atm) or something else? Would be fun to put Bladefall and EK to use as well.

This build is rocking so far, act 7 going on and no problems at all, unless counting my stupid play-style from time to time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info