[3.0] Molten Strike Berserker: Weapon choice analysis [WITH MATH]

Ok, so where are you getting your crit chance and crit multi then, in other words, how to make the BLS crit worthwhile? Can you share your end game tree with me, please
Last edited by leakvoid on Sep 26, 2017, 4:39:36 PM
Your proposed Frostbreath setup will end up with roughly 1k less life than a BLS build, assuming you utilize top notch life rolls on all remaining slots and jewels. That's pretty much what you are paying for at this point, that damage AND the life. That's always been what makes builds pricy. Getting flat damage is easy, making it as tanky as possible at the same time is expensive.

Already said before, yeah you can slap 1-2 Ex on it and then run around with 5.5k ish life.
Meanwhile BLS is comfortably sitting at 7k+ life without a Xoph's at level 90.

I guess the question is what the point of your entire proposition is, again. BLS is not "shitty", the build is not worse than Frostbreath, quite the opposite, and people that do their homework generally know what they are investing for. Why not simply create an in-depth guide for your proposed Frostbreath setup? It's a good starter option in any case.
"
Miffy23 wrote:
Your proposed Frostbreath setup will end up with roughly 1k less life than a BLS build, assuming you utilize top notch life rolls on all remaining slots and jewels. That's pretty much what you are paying for at this point, that damage AND the life. That's always been what makes builds pricy. Getting flat damage is easy, making it as tanky as possible at the same time is expensive.

Already said before, yeah you can slap 1-2 Ex on it and then run around with 5.5k ish life.
Meanwhile BLS is comfortably sitting at 7k+ life without a Xoph's at level 90.

I guess the question is what the point of your entire proposition is, again. BLS is not "shitty", the build is not worse than Frostbreath, quite the opposite, and people that do their homework generally know what they are investing for. Why not simply create an in-depth guide for your proposed Frostbreath setup? It's a good starter option in any case.

Did you even bother to look at the PoB links he had and check them yourself? The frostbreath builds he posted have no helmet, body armour, gloves, belt equipped. Toss in some moderate to high life rolls on even junk rares in their place and it grants around 6.5-6.8k health ignoring the 5 spare jewel slots you can add life % jewels to as well (so you can potentially reach up to 7k HP with it). A practically maxed out or near maxed out BLS will still yield higher life values (probably 500+), but in regards to cost efficiency, the FrostBreath version is much better.
Please, just make a build guide for a frost breath molten strike (although there are other skills that work much better with it).
I will stick to BLS because it works and scales, and I am not looking for a league starter (for which Oro's is miles better due to Flicker Strike possibility).

As far as crit goes, I already mentioned that I am still working on the tree, and there is still some experimentation to be done when I reach 75. I am only going crit to get acuity's up and get rid of VP. This would just eliminate all of the downsides there are to the traditional molten strike zerker, I don't really care if I pay a little of top-end damage for this convenience.

Edit: just dont go around saying that BLS is shitty. It is at very least miles ahead of 99% of all other uniques in PoE.
Last edited by ichishi on Sep 27, 2017, 3:21:35 AM
"
reciprocate wrote:
A practically maxed out or near maxed out BLS will still yield higher life values (probably 500+)

And then I put belly of the beast and have higher lifepool then BLS. DPS on frostbreath will be higher than 99% of BLS builds (need >1300 strength + t1 fire damage rolls on rings to breach the gap), even potential for higher overall life.

"
ichishi wrote:
Please, just make a build guide for a frost breath molten strike (although there are other skills that work much better with it).

False, 12 projectile molten strike is the best single target (831%-1729% base damage, look at the guide).

Non-crit ele attack build gets ~1.96 (1.4 * 1.4) MORE multiplier (elemental overload + lack of inc crit strikes support). Almost all the crit multiplier you want located in Witch, Shadow area with lots of Int nodes => no benefit from wearing Atziri gloves or using BLS. The highest crit multi you can get is from Marylene's Fallacy amulet (has 40% LESS crit chance), but you're replacing Xoph's blood.

It's possible to go crit on BLS with Scion(with Assassin, Inquisitor, Elementalist or Raider specs), but you're losing berserker OP gains.

"
ichishi wrote:
Edit: just dont go around saying that BLS is shitty. It is at very least miles ahead of 99% of all other uniques in PoE.

That's true, my favorite new trash unique is Speaker's Wreath - awful on so many levels it's hard to even describe
Last edited by leakvoid on Sep 27, 2017, 4:15:32 AM
Acuity for me is just a convenience trade. I pay 35ex to get some free nodes (throwing them into crit and hp) and regen between battles. Crit multi is just an afterthought, since there won't be much left to pick that is just as good on the tree.

Again, if you are so bent on promoting frostbreath, just make a build guide. Noone else is going to, no matter how much better you claim it to be.
I read this and found your math interesting. Unsure why there's few comments/replies, but it certainly piqued my interest

I'm leveling a new zerker and will be doing this exact build.

Thinking of adding (once I have currency for it):
6l belly
kaoms roots
5x 7%/resistance jewels
devotos or a str helm with hp/res
prismweave rustic sash (huge dps gain on this)
gloves can be res/attack speed or like Hrimburn

with the above, hp is sitting at 6901, could get res cap or close to as well.

Thoughts? and can you maybe create a level 90 variant?
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 28, 2017, 12:19:38 AM
Here is lvl 79 tree.

The goal is to get Point Blank, Elemental Overload and Vaal Pact. Rush to the Point Blank first, doesn't really matter what you'll get next. Primeval Force and Forces of Nature are great because of ele pen (pretty much 5 and 6% more damage), Winter Spirit gives cold damage conversion + all those points are on the way to Vaal Pact. Thick Skin is efficient life node cluster, gives 22% life for 4 points, get them before filling out other Scion life nodes. Don't forget to put 2 Wildfire in. After you reach lvl 79 just get more life and jewel sockets.

Yeah, Kaom's roots are great choice for boots, but IDK about prismweave, we deal enough DPS as is, shaper should die in less than 10 sec anyway (we won't have the opportunity to damage him for that long though, it's not a 1 shot build). Capping resistances is very easy, only lighting in negative, cold is almost capped from uniques.

This build deals around 3-4 million DPS just like BLS, people who write 10 million are lying, they assume all 12 projectiles will hit, which is false.

EDIT: actually, Kaoms Roots may be not as good as you think, blind from pandemonius is quite OP. Boots with 30ms are good for shield charge and clear speed.
Last edited by leakvoid on Sep 28, 2017, 7:05:54 AM
Thanks. In your vision what's the reliable way to chill? Getting hit and dealing sufficient damage? Or some other mechanic I overlooked?
You should do enough cold damage to even chill Shaper if you swap multistrike for ruthless. In case you don't have enough cold damage on hit, just swap wrath for Acrtic armor or use perfect form.

Edit: LUL, also this thing exists in the game: Aquamarine Flask
Last edited by leakvoid on Sep 28, 2017, 9:21:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info