Scion Builds List - *Closed* New list is linked in the first post!

Bubonic Trail Death Walker build - PF/Sabo
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2144988
PVP and mapping
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Whoops, nevermind. Got a different class version of it, stay tuned for the most revolutionary build ever!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 19, 2018, 9:05:26 AM
Bison seems to have been away from the Forums for a while. Anyone got Infos when he's gonna be back? Would be nice to get the List updated as we're approaching 3.3 and onwards, as many people will be looking for up2date guides for new builds.
hey m8, would like to see my guide in your list ;)

[3.2] Storm to the Limit - Lightning Strike | All content viable | Videos

its, like the name says, a lightning strike build for all content in the game. it could be a bit expensive, but the power is worth it i think :) and with 3.3 it will be even more enjoyable with the new attack in place option and the vaal skill rework :)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on May 28, 2018, 3:10:16 PM
"
Bison seems to have been away from the Forums for a while. Anyone got Infos when he's gonna be back? Would be nice to get the List updated as we're approaching 3.3 and onwards, as many people will be looking for up2date guides for new builds.

Yes the last weeks were packed with work. And a bit vacation too. I'll update the list now and will further update the list next week.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Blade Flurry + Various Slayer - Raider [3.2] Guffin's McFlurry Flurry | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices | HC Viable

Tried to avoid any clickbaity Stuff in the title. It's all facts, but maybe "All Bosses Down" is bad? Idk, this is my first build guide.

Ele Conversion (Cold) with Blade Flurry for Bosses while also having a variety of skills for clearing in a pseudo 5-6l. Frostblades, Lightning Strike, Reave and Wild Strike are all possible for clear on the same colours.

Nothing innovative, but it is certainly a strong build that newer and experienced players alike can play as their sole character to do all content in the game.

Down for some constructive criticism if you got any :)

I apopreciate that you consider to follow my criterias :)
Generally I want to avoid misleading names. Obviously this includes clickbaits, but other things too. Like "HC Viable" You obviously played in Bestiary SC. So no "real" HC Proof at all. and in the end every build is at least HC viable. Viable doesn't mean effective or good. So leave that out. Those who want to play HC are able to figure that out or learn it anyways. The next thing is Fast and safe mapping. Do you need to state this? No. If some one is fast, thats mostly of his/her playstyle and some limitations of the build itself. So also no need to advertise it.

Blade Flurry + Various RAI - SLA [3.2] Guffin's McFlurry Flurry | All Bosses Down | Skillchoices

This is what it comes to. Plain. Simple. Good.

also added

Death Walk: APT - SAB [3.2] Death Walker (Bubonic Trail) *Meme Build*

Molten Strike: CHI - PAT [3.2] domi3108's high Block Aegis Aurora Build
I changed the name. See a bit above for some reasons or check the very first page, there is stated my mindset about this :)
ps: You should add your Ascendancy points to your build. Its no fun to check that in the skill tree itself.

Also added and also a really good example how a guide should be:

Lightning Strike: RAI - SLA [3.2] Storm to the Limit - Lightning Strike | All content viable

yeah no suprise, the Cake knows how to write guides. For those who don't know, Gugglhupf or Gugelhupf or Guggelhupf is a Bundt Cake. And very delicious too!
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Also added and also a really good example how a guide should be:

Lightning Strike: RAI - SLA [3.2] Storm to the Limit - Lightning Strike | All content viable

yeah no suprise, the Cake knows how to write guides. For those who don't know, Gugglhupf or Gugelhupf or Guggelhupf is a Bundt Cake. And very delicious too!

ty for the kind words sir :) I really appreciate it
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
eviL_Bison wrote:

I apopreciate that you consider to follow my criterias :)
Generally I want to avoid misleading names. Obviously this includes clickbaits, but other things too. Like "HC Viable" You obviously played in Bestiary SC. So no "real" HC Proof at all. and in the end every build is at least HC viable. Viable doesn't mean effective or good. So leave that out. Those who want to play HC are able to figure that out or learn it anyways. The next thing is Fast and safe mapping. Do you need to state this? No. If some one is fast, thats mostly of his/her playstyle and some limitations of the build itself. So also no need to advertise it.

Thanks that you keep updating the list mate, these things were my entry point into PoE :)
It's great to see my guide in there :D

The HC Part was included beacuse I wanted to advertise that I took care to offer HC specific things like a different Skilltree, Gear- and Gemchoices, as well as a seperate Video showcasing all that.
What you said is true though, I think many Builds are able to reach 100 if played by the right Player, in the right manner or in the right parties. Just that it is easier with this than some others out there, while it obviously is not the best for it by far.
But yeah, "HC Viable" is a plenty ambiguous and I decided to remove it like you suggested.
The conclusion of that tho is, that there is no Requirement to play a Build on HC to see if it's HC viable :P People can see it themselves, like you said.

The fast and safe mapping aspect I will keep.
I can't know if the player has a proper hideout setup, Lootfilter, prerolls maps, knows his pathing and movement etc. At face Value, it clears faster than most Melee Builds simply by means of Area Coverage, Damage and Movement Speed. The Clear is just better.
If it is safe is obviously again dependant on the player. The insane sustain from Overleech coupled with Vaal Pact and all the other Leech modifiers won't help you if you stand in a Volatile in a -max T16 map. But said Overleech is one of the craziest tools to cover up Mistakes and keeps you topped up through everything but oneshots. Coupled with good dodge chance and Evasion, chill, freeze, shatter and maim as well as the fact that 95% of time you are out of Reach anyways, I think it is objectively more safe than many other Melee Builds.
People look for things like this, and after some consideration I think the build offers just that: fast and safe mapping. So why not advertise it?
I mean, I could say "Fast and Safe Mapping Viable", but that sounds awful. Any recommendations besides leaving it out?

Thanks for the input man, always good to hear some criticism :)
And sry for the many typos and incoherent thoughts, 3AM here already.
Last edited by Guffinn on May 29, 2018, 9:20:29 PM
"
Spoiler

Thanks that you keep updating the list mate, these things were my entry point into PoE :)
It's great to see my guide in there :D

The HC Part was included beacuse I wanted to advertise that I took care to offer HC specific things like a different Skilltree, Gear- and Gemchoices, as well as a seperate Video showcasing all that.
What you said is true though, I think many Builds are able to reach 100 if played by the right Player, in the right manner or in the right parties. Just that it is easier with this than some others out there, while it obviously is not the best for it by far.
But yeah, "HC Viable" is a plenty ambiguous and I decided to remove it like you suggested.
The conclusion of that tho is, that there is no Requirement to play a Build on HC to see if it's HC viable :P People can see it themselves, like you said.

The fast and safe mapping aspect I will keep.
I can't know if the player has a proper hideout setup, Lootfilter, prerolls maps, knows his pathing and movement etc. At face Value, it clears faster than most Melee Builds simply by means of Area Coverage, Damage and Movement Speed. The Clear is just better.
If it is safe is obviously again dependant on the player. The insane sustain from Overleech coupled with Vaal Pact and all the other Leech modifiers won't help you if you stand in a Volatile in a -max T16 map. But said Overleech is one of the craziest tools to cover up Mistakes and keeps you topped up through everything but oneshots. Coupled with good dodge chance and Evasion, chill, freeze, shatter and maim as well as the fact that 95% of time you are out of Reach anyways, I think it is objectively more safe than many other Melee Builds.
People look for things like this, and after some consideration I think the build offers just that: fast and safe mapping. So why not advertise it?
I mean, I could say "Fast and Safe Mapping Viable", but that sounds awful. Any recommendations besides leaving it out?

Thanks for the input man, always good to hear some criticism :)
And sry for the many typos and incoherent thoughts, 3AM here already.

I personally see no ned to advertise either HC viability nor clear speed capability at all.

I try to elaborate a bit further more. And we are talking here only about the topic of the guide, not the content itself. I need to clarify this.

Contentwise its a really nice move from you to spotlight the HC viability and possibility. Those who are interested in Hardcore will appreciate this. But there is no need to advertise this in the title, as said before, HC players won't choose a build cuz' it says "HC Viable" or similar stuff. They choose it based on other data, like life and tree paths and gering options. after all... all builds and guides are guides not 1:1 follow ups.

The same way goes the thing with "Fast Map Clear". What is your definition of fast? Clear Strand in 20 sec? Or 4 minutes? Everybody has its own pace in the playstyle.

Keep in mind we are only talking about the title, in the guide content there is nothing wrong with a segment which states how fast the build can be. A good presentation of that can be encouraging to others. I just don't see the necessity to put this in the title.

Some time ago I made the effort to write down my thoughts here

As final conclusion, you can and will name your guide as you want, thats fine. I just won't add this part into my lists :)

And don't worry about typos, I'm not a native speaker and make enough mistakes too. And as of writing this, its 8 am here.

cheers

If you want to discuss this further, please PM me :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info