Steam version fails to launch

Hi there,

Been having trouble launching the Steam version of the game this morning. I get "preparing to launch Path of Exile..." then nothing. I played fine last night, then played some other games via In-Home Streaming on a remote machine (I run an ethernet cable whenever I decide to do this and switch back to wireless when I'm done, in case this is relevant). Nothing appears to have updated overnight and nothing is being logged in the Windows logs or \Path of Exile\Logs\. Here's my DXDiag pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/z5DgBxfU

troubleshooting steps:
1. Reinstalled the game and ran PackCheck.exe
2. Tried changing the config file to use fullscreen and DX9.
3. Renamed the Path of Exile folder in \Documents\My games\ to try regenerating it, but it failed to recreate the folder
4. Disabled Steam overlay and tested launch options --noasync -gc 2 --no preload
5. Updated graphics drivers and rebooted
6. Tried setting Override high DPI scaling behavior, Disable fullscreen optimizations, and running as administrator on the PathOfExile_x64Steam.exe
7. Disabled all startup processes, temporarily uninstalled antivirus, disabled the Windows Firewall, and rebooted
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2017, 11:24:08 AM
I was able to get this fixed. I had to manually re-run the DirectX installer from \Path of Exile\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info