RF/ CWDT/ Warcry/ Storytime/ Sadface

So I tried out a RF mara since I never had once, because how stupid the RF curve is,
not allowing you to casually start using it, but instantly doing max dmg while draining all your life in seconds. A much better way would have been to change the gem values to realistic regen values around clvl 20 (though you can start using the gem even at 16), so that you don't need to hit a flask more than once every minute to maintain it, while of course RF would do far less dps than it does now.

Here's my gems/rf/feedback post:

Spoiler
The missing progressive curve still bugs me.
You can get the gem at lvl 16, but in order to comfortably run it, you need to be at least lvl 60+
and have a ton of specific uniques. Those requirements are huge and completely unnecessary.

Here's the gem now:

(20-40)% more Spell Damage (+1% more dmg per lvl)
Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 90% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 70% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage

You could simply tune down the dmg buff and relative self harm cost like:

Gem level 1:
(10)%more Spell Damage
Enemies Burn for 10% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 2% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage - not that hard to get 2% life reg
Enemies Burn for 10% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 2% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage

-
Ignore the numbers, the point being: low enough to be sustainable at very low clvl,
while still doing some dmg, and giving you a small spell dmg buff.
From this point on every gem lvl up, you do more harm to enemies and yourself,
the curve is progressive and you will feel it slowly, so that you can stop when you notice your regen won't keep up, and level up the gem later once you hit the more powerful regen requirements.
-

Gem level 20: back to full values as we have it currently.
(50)% more Spell Damage (+10% to max dmg, used to be 40%, 2% per lvl)
Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 90% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage
You Burn for 70% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage

So I did the lab asap, got my berserker warbringer insta heal asc perk,
which allows one to use RF but man the need to spam enduring cry is insane.
You can't relax unless you got a max duration life flask going with healing values on point,
only then can you stop a few seconds to check out loot and arrange your bags etc., or else you die. Sure RF stops at 1hp but who wants to take that risk with roaming monsters huh?

Then I thought about making a warcry self cast to keep myself healed.
Bought a heartbound loop, "take 350 dmg when minions die", thinking this is gonna be fucking SWEET, cwdt + skeletons, all I need is to take 600 dmg, 350 from the skeleton dying, some mobs hit me occasionally for another 300 and I can proc immortal call, which heals me 25%.
I knew enduring- abyssal- and rallying cry do not work with cwdt, immortal call does.
But what I didn't know, and found out, was that the game doesn't count IC as a "warcry",
so yes it procced but it didn't fucking heal me with warbringer! Fuck that...

I kept trying and found the Al Dhih claw, which procs lvl 1 abyssal cry on hit.
I was thinking YES I can just shield charge around blasting abyssal and that heals me, no more need to fucking spam that cancer myself!! Nope. Of course not... turns out that the game counts the claw as the source, so the abyssal cry does not trigger warbringer heals, since *I* didn't cast it.
FUCK THAT...

Can't you seriously change RF to have a growing curve that starts with low drain + low dmg, and as the gem lvls up, the dmg grows but so does the need for regen to sustain it?
How would that be unfair to anyone?

Or optionally change immortal call to have a internal "warcry" tag so it works with warbringer and heals the player?

But this fucking need to spam warcries is such a fucking PAIN IN THE ASS... the whole point in having a RF build is to AUTOCRUISE, just run around and aoe everything, while having flamesurge+echo to nuke bosses, but I can't even do that 'cos I need to fucking micromanage flasks and spam warcries all the fucking time. The build is only truely comfortably viable AFTER 65 when you get rise of phoenix +8% max fire res, and also at that point have enough life regen around the tree to sustain the degen.

And that's fucking bullshit to not allow a build at all pre-65, and then flip it over from "fucking sucks" to "fucking awesome". IT'S SO FUCKING STRESSFULL!!!!
Name one reason why it would be a bad idea if the RF gem had a steady growth curve?
Don't look at my suggestion numbers and take them LITERALLY and start bitching,
it's the idea that counts. The gem has to be changed so that it's at its current full potential at lvl 20, but downgrade the self-burn dmg, need for regen, and dmg output as you level the gem down back to 1, so it can be used as soon as possible by any char lvl 16, as long as they got 75% fire res and "some" life reg, like 4-6% which isn't hard.

Why are you devs so fucking obsessed with totality, duality, everything being so sharp black and white, all or nothing, where is the transition, where is the fucking growing curve?
Look at ci: could have been interesting to have a pre-cluster before the final big ci node,
like 3 smaller ones that gradually lower your life by 25% and increase flat+% ES and chaos res,
and then have the final big node be "immune to chaos res, max life 1, x% MORE ES".

Feels like you guys are in a fucking echo chamber totally shut off from good ideas.....

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2017, 4:51:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Elemenz wrote:
Feels like you guys are in a fucking echo chamber totally shut off from good ideas.....

Yeah, it's called Reddit.
What are you talking about ..all you need is 2 of these rings and you can confortably play RF since lvl 20 (even without warcries)

The whole idea is to lower your life until you no longer take damage.
You're still super wrong about early RF being unplayable. I'd link the same thread again but that just kinda feels redundant, 'cause you seem to be stuck in an echo chamber of sorts.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You're still super wrong about early RF being unplayable. I'd link the same thread again but that just kinda feels redundant, 'cause you seem to be stuck in an echo chamber of sorts.

No, *YOU* didn't listen to me.
I said "level up casually" without special specific items/uniques.
Put on some random rares and see how well you can maintain RF on a lvl 20 toon.

And why did you ignore my suggestion entirely?
You act like I didn't say a thing.
Did you read it, understand it?
Do you think it's bad, why?
-Bex
Last edited by Elemenz on Sep 25, 2017, 8:10:28 AM
"
Elemenz wrote:
And why did you ignore my suggestion entirely?

For me it's because you want to autocruise through the game.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Elemenz wrote:
Put on some random rares and see how well you can maintain RF on a lvl 20 toon.

Obviously enough, that's because RF is an advanced build that requires specific items to function at high level. It would be a bigger issue if it didn't at low level and then slowly started getting unmanageable over the course of the game without those specific items.

If you know about the new version of Goddess Unleashed, its debuff does have a progression, but that's because it doesn't have a hard item requirement later on, you counter it incrementally with passive investment.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 25, 2017, 8:25:30 AM
The hell is wrong with you ppl. These two rings makes RF a cake walk at lvl 20.

Why is there still a problem?
"
Elemenz wrote:

I thougt it would be obvious..
Exactly because it's already maintainable. Reducing the Degen so severely would make characters that can sustain current RF completely immortal, rather than 'merely' very powerful. They'd deal less Damage though. That sounds like fun.

"
Elemenz wrote:
I said "level up casually" without special specific items/uniques.

This is one of the most bizarre definitions of "casual" I've heard in a while. I guess all Facebreaker builds are inherently 'hardcore' because they require a specific, special Unique item.

(btw, making Immortal Call a Warcry would prevent it from working with CwDT)
(and even if it was a Warcry that works through CwDT, Warbringer wouldn't heal you)
Zoom in if the pic doesn't scale right.

Here's a visual, should make things clearer than just dropping a bunch of numbers.
See the old flat lines, no change in the current stats how much dmg you take and deal.

My "new" suggestions start low, allowing any SSF random casual char to start using RF with little res and regen. You level up, the gem levels up and you start taking and dealing more burning dmg in a nice curve that allows you to take breaks in leveling up the gem in case your regen doesn't keep up.

Still anyone claiming this would be a bad idea?
If so, please provide a solid argument.

-Bex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info