Need Assistence with my Tri-Element Witch

greetings,

i wish to use a witch with 3 different element types.

im not sure on the exact skills yet, but here is my current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAMAAAFvBAcFQgceDXwN0Q5ID8QQWBEvEVARlhslHNwdTx3ZHwIgbij6KgsrCiycLKYyNDQKNbk2xTdmN4M7fEGWQktDVESrRXxJUUuuTLNQMFRHVa5XyVxrXfJjQ2SdbRlwUn_Gga-CEIRIhcWIQonTi3qMNo8aj6aP-pDWkyeVIJUul5eYrZ7EoS-io6a-puunK66zsQW0DLQ4uJO4yrjQuZO-isHFwfPDCcNtytPQH9D12VvaOtte34rfsN--4vfjhOUZ6QLquuv17-vw1fId9HH79Q==

there are some nice notes on the templar site, but i feel they are too far away to be worth it, is that right?
i wish to use crit for my spells, so i went to the shadow-area.
i also wish to use energy shield for my main defense.

im not sure whether 2 wands would be better or 1 wand and 1 shield. there are also staffs in this game that could work. i want big damage, so dualwand would be best, is that right?

i also wish to know wheter those points are allocated in a good way or if there is a better (less wasteful/more efficient) way.

thanks ;)
Dual Wielding doesn't increase a spell caster's DPS at all.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
Dual Wielding doesn't increase a spell caster's DPS at all.

There's no inherent bonus, no, but global damages can and will stack. So dual wand will grant better spell stats than one wand and an empty hand, or one wand and a no-damage-mods shield. Shields can have some pretty nice offensive stats too, though.

I would guess Staves still win out for max DPS in the end game, though, what with their possible +3 gem level 6L rolls.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Pledge gives "free" 72% more dps due to its Spell Echo boost.

[Freezing Pulse] ... other skills might have slightly different values
A +3 Staff gives around 33% more DPS. (level 23)
A +3 Staff with Empower gives 93% more dps compared to level 20 (level 27)
A +3 Staff with Empower gives 45% more dps compared to level 23 (level 27)

The cheapest variant is Pledge.
"
Fumina wrote:
Pledge gives "free" 72% more dps due to its Spell Echo boost.

nah, 62% more, if the wiki's accurate

(Spell Echo level 30 = 80% more cast speed, 10% less spell damage;

1.8 * 0.9 = 1.62)

however, the 120 to 160% increased spell damage will more than surely make up the difference.

However-however, it's all about the difference between choices, i.e. "more than what?" it's certainly possible to get 240% or more increased spell damage by dual-wielding wands... though this may be expensive.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
You are goddamn right.

my fault xD
thanks.
To OP: What ascendancy class are you going for? Probably Elementalist and mastermind of discord to benefit from more elements in combination with EE?
What will be your main spell? You will have max one 6-link item with dual wielding for supporting it.

What´s your goal with that build? What items do you have to support this build (ES stuff etc) ?

What will be your defense (besides ES)? How are you going to recharge/regenerate ES? (you have no regen/leech option in the tree)

About dual wielding and such: it really depends on many different things but I would prefer 1h weapon(scepter, wand, dagger) in combination with high ES shield (it might give you nice damage boost too).

to the Pledge comparison: you can place SE into any staff you have mentioned so you need to calculate that.
It gives you 9% more cast speed (lvl 21 vs 30 SE) and 1 open socket.
It will depend on many different things (skills, passives, other gems...)

Last edited by Rakiii on Sep 25, 2017, 6:18:02 AM
"
greetings,
there are some nice notes on the templar site, but i feel they are too far away to be worth it, is that right?
i wish to use crit for my spells, so i went to the shadow-area.
i also wish to use energy shield for my main defense.

Yes templar nodes are too far and not that good unless you're templar. Far closer you have arcane potency which is a good option for 7 points, and on the way if you have a decent curse setup you can grab a second curse for 3 more points, or mom if you go the other way for 3 points too. You can probably drop some 8% ele damage and still get more damage with arcane potency.

"

im not sure whether 2 wands would be better or 1 wand and 1 shield. there are also staffs in this game that could work. i want big damage, so dualwand would be best, is that right?

Dual wield void batteries is the best setup for a crit build for pure dps.

"

i also wish to know wheter those points are allocated in a good way or if there is a better (less wasteful/more efficient) way.

thanks ;)

Tree looks good, might be a decent idea to remove some damage for cast speed, to increase your dps in the end, i'd check it in path of building if I were you.

Not sure for elemental equilibrium, you would need a very specific sequence of spells and spell all have different projectile speed for example.

Well also I wouldn't roll that if I had to choose, I'd go life with vaal pact, berserker and tons of life nodes, cause berserker are the best casters at the moment. My berserker goes all the way around to shadow area taking all the crit nodes, so it's feasible. But well probably outside of the original question.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Sep 25, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info