What's the deal with Accuracy ?

I read in Global the other day that accuracy is a waste since very few mobs can actually dodge. Strangely there were a few other people attesting to that claim, which lead me to believe it was either true or it was a well executed effort to troll some unsuspecting noob like myself.

Now I'm confused and math is not my strong-point. I always thought that all mobs had a base Evasion stat and some with higher level evasion, And that your tool tip chance to hit was dictated by the average between those values.

Is that even close to being correct or is it true that most mobs are incapable of evading no matter how low your accuracy is ?

The in-game tooltip and POB would both have me believe that accuracy plays a very important part, reflected by the jump in DPS with more accuracy.

I'm currently sitting at 91% to hit and have some points invested into Accuracy nodes and quite a bit of flat accuracy on gear.

Should I not care so much about this stat, is it a waste ?

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 2:34:21 PM
Accuracy counters Evasion, not dodge. Dodge is a different mechanic independant of Accuracy, like Blocking.

Accuracy is only usefull, if you go for a crit build, if you dont care about crits, you go resolute technique and disable accuracy/Evasion mecanic. Accuracy is also disabled, if the enemy has unwavering stance.
"
Fumina wrote:
Accuracy counters Evasion, not dodge. Dodge is a different mechanic independant of Accuracy, like Blocking.

Accuracy is only usefull, if you go for a crit build, if you dont care about crits, you go resolute technique and disable accuracy/Evasion mecanic. Accuracy is also disabled, if the enemy has unwavering stance.

Yeah by Dodge I think he meant Evade, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense as you pointed out. but I worded it the same as I read it.

So, is it true that most mobs are incapable of evading all together ? Or do all mobs have a base evasion stat value ?

Are there many mobs that can't Evade ? I'm just thinking that what the guy implied is that the accuracy is very situational if what he said holds true about the percentage of mobs that can actually Evade attacks.

edit: I just did a test in POB and removing just one 3-node accuracy cluster dropped my overall DPS by 15k. But not sure if POB calculates that based on the assumption that you're fighting only mobs with the capacity to Evade attacks.

I'm Left of Right and far Right of Left.
Last edited by twittypoopcraft on Sep 23, 2017, 12:15:32 PM
Accuracy does exactly what it says on your stat page, if you are level 80 and it says 80% that means you have an 80% chance to hit a level 80 mob.

Almost every mob in the game can evade i have no idea what global chat was talking about, probably trolling as usual.
monster stats have never been released afaik. perhaps some day..

"
Are there many mobs that can't Evade?

if you can find one with unwavering stance.

Kitava and Argus cant evade afaik.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info