Which superiors do you keep?

So, um, I'm a bit obsessed with the alch recipe: unID'd rare + magic, plus normal item of same type gives 2 alch if they're all +20%. I've made about 400 alch so far this way - compared with about 60 chaos from the "full rare set" recipe. On average it costs be about 8 whetstones per alch, which is better than any other conversion I can think of.

But the alch recipe takes up way more stash space as I keep two of everything waiting for the third to drop. If anyone else does this, where do you draw the line of pickup/leave? Mine is currently:

Rares >= +15% keep unIDd
Rares <15% ID and sell (or use if better than what I have)

Magics >= +18% keep unIDd
Magics <18% leave on the ground

Normals +20% keep (thank God for loot filters making a gong when one drops)
Leave the others

The problem is that even with such a high bar I'm still devoting about six whole stash tabs to partially completed trios. I'm now thinking of ignoring +18% and +19% magics to make more space.

Any thoughts welcome - especially if someone wants to talk me into forgetting this recipe entirely and freeing up my stash space and speeding up my play by ignoring superiors...!

But otherwise, does anyone know if there's any way to increase the frequency or quality of superior drops?

TIA.
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 7:03:47 PM
I do neither the alch nor the chaos recipe. I make my currency by selling items, which I find to be more efficient and less tedious.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Oh I forgot there even was an alch orb recipe! I've never used it even once. I have one tab dedicated to the chaos recipe, one for the regal, and a third for flasks maps gems and weapons with +%. That's it.

I think the alch recipe is way too much of a hassle. Alch shards from recklessly vending all IDed rares has always secured me a surplus of orbs. I'd rather save my whetstones for the chisel recipe, too.

I already spend half my game time obsessively sorting my inventory. Crafting alch orbs would drive me insane.
Thank you - I think this proves that I am insane, and should free up all six stash tabs immediately by selling them all. Alch shards should easily be enough. Thanks both!

Why do you bother with the regal recipe when regals are worth less than chaoses? I just make sure a 60-74 ilvl item is in the set in order to get chaoses instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info