Veil of the Troll Build Questions/Theory Craft

I'm trying to create a playable veil of the night build that can do end-game content, and thus far I've narrowed down my choices to juggernaut, scion (inquisitor), pathfinder because of their 8% reduced elemental damage taken.

Items to consider are:
Incandescent heart - reduces ele damage by 25%, would be amazing if you could spec into CI with this. CI version most likely only viable with pathfinder due to distance from tree for jugg.

Maligaro's lens - For life builds, 20% increased max life would be huge.

Wise Oak Flask - 10% reduced ele damage and 15% ele pen

Rat Trap - 200 life, 10% fire converted to phys

If you used raider CI, you could get 25 + 10 + 8 = 43% effective elemental resistance, which I think is still terrible because you're taking more than double the damage vs people with 75 resists, so it's just not going to cut it.

Incorporating fortify helps a bit, but still probably not enough, or is it? Going life-based, I can get ~9k HP when combo'd with fortify, you should be able to survive most 1-shots, maybe??

Few questions I have:

1. Are there any other sources of ele reduction/conversion I'm missing besides the ones listed above?

2. Any other ideas that I haven't mentioned to further reduced oncoming damage from elemental hits?

3. Assuming defenses manage to be covered, what skills would be viable to use with such a build?
Last edited by ironstove on Sep 22, 2017, 5:43:41 PM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 6:09:21 PM
2- Conditional, but some god powers help ( Solaris, Abberath)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info