Default loot filter

Instead of the answer being "just use this loot filter instead" can I get a legitimate answer as to why some rare items are highlighted with a yellow border? I've managed to figure all the rest of it out but this still eludes me.
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2017, 1:29:18 PM
I cannot help you directly, but presumably that question is answered in the relevant loot filter thread for whatever loot filter it is that is default on the console build, which is what I assume you are using as there is no default loot filter for PC, and you should be able to find the answer there by searching for its name (if you know it).

EDIT: I am wrong. There is a default loot filter for PC. I never knew that, having used Antnee's filter from the beginning.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Sep 23, 2017, 6:41:32 PM
I've spent quite a while looking into it and unfortunately it has not come up in any kind of conversation/patch notes. :( I guess I'll just have to let it drive me nuts until I notice a pattern. It's fine though, I'll keep hoarding them since they're all 60+ anyways.. I'll find it eventually :). Thanks anyways.
maybe its chaos recipe items ?
its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine
R.E.M.
"
runemaster12 wrote:
maybe its chaos recipe items ?

Nah, chaos recipe items are not highlighted. They are just rares that are IL 60+.
"
W_Matt wrote:
Instead of the answer being "just use this loot filter instead" can I get a legitimate answer as to why some rare items are highlighted with a yellow border? I've managed to figure all the rest of it out but this still eludes me.

the best/highest rare base items have a yellow border. you can see this yourself on filterblast for example.

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I cannot help you directly, but presumably that question is answered in the relevant loot filter thread for whatever loot filter it is that is default on the console build (there is no default loot filter for PC), and you should be able to find the answer there by searching for its name (if you know it).

yes there is a default loot filter for pc.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 23, 2017, 1:47:22 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I cannot help you directly, but presumably that question is answered in the relevant loot filter thread for whatever loot filter it is that is default on the console build (there is no default loot filter for PC), and you should be able to find the answer there by searching for its name (if you know it).

yes there is a default loot filter for pc.

Interesting, I never knew that. Is that a new feature or has it been there since the introduction of filters back in 2015 and I just overlooked it?
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
i don't recall as it's been there for quite some time. it's updated by ggg now and then.
it's pretty good but it has some flaws. didn't display 3-4 links when leveling and not displaying crafting bases for jewelry for endgame.
After quite a bit of them dropping I noticed a pattern, they are rares that have max suffixes. They cannot be modified but have rolled with higher stats than anything that you can craft on to them. :)
No they are not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info