[3.0] |Occultist| - Glacial Cascade (Expensive Build/LL/Tanky/Sustain)

Hi !

Here is my first build, nothing uncommun... except that most of the stuff is coming from standard (legacy), I made it to use my old gear and have fun with my old char.

I wanna something tanky with nice sustain in low-life so I tried to get it with PoB, you can have the link and I made a quick video, actually making an other one whith a faster version of the build.

I tried to mix ES leech and ES regen with ZO + life regen and I'm actually happy but still feel like something can be improved.

QUICK Q/A :
PoB DPS ? - ~500k
ES ? - 9k+
Regen ? - with leech and regen +2000

PoB :
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/4rNcruBj

Video :

Gear with gems :

Jewels are %ES with Crit Spells or some usefull stuff like Cast Speed/Crit Multi/Area Damage etc

Stats in HO :
Spoiler
Auras up, no pots

Tree :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAMBAQVCDdERDxEvEVAVfhZAFr8YVhhdGkgbJRzcHRQgbiL0KPopTyoLKwosnDwFPO89X0GWQnpEq0cGSVFJsUyzUDBQQlJTUzVVrleUXGtcil3yX2pjQ2SdZlRmnmh0aPJsC20ZcFJ1_Xpwe9d88IIQgpuCx4RIhG-Fe4V9idOMNox2jmSPGo9Gj6aP-pEHkyeXlZf0mjuboZ48n9-hL6cIpyusmK3xrrO1SLb6tzG4k7v8vorAZsNt0B_Q0ND11ELVptfP2VvaYtte37DjhOtj6-7r9ew473zviO_r8NXyHfLh9Cj3pvfB99f5N_no-tI=?accountName=Cormus&characterName=LuckyBones

Tree is kinda "classic" crit ES tree but I had so many options, was hard to choose because I don't wanna something great for mapping but sucks at bosses. Nothing I can do with leech from that part of the tree so I use Warlodmark and Pots for leech and Zealot Oat + Life regen node for ES regen when total ES amount also boost your recharge but I don't wanna a too strong recharge due to Wicked Ward ascendancy. I tried to get faster recharge but it's a cost of point and not so great wihout any additionnal source of faster recharge to get at least the 1.5s (1~1.5s the dream).
Atm I'm with 1.8 :/ BUT the regen mix with leech seems great, take a look at video.

Ascendancies :
Spoiler
- Forbidden Power to be able to generate Power Charge on solo target like boss without using gems set up.
- Wicked Ward to prevent ES recharge interruption
- Malediction for Curse stuff.

IMPROVEMENTS :
Spoiler
I do not have +1 curse Presence but have a Chayula one so maybe I can try with less ES and 3 curses set up that mean less survability for more damage, actually not what am I looking for, 3 curses is in stand by without +1 Presence.

What about Glacial Cascade ? Actually trying Elem Weakness with Phys to Lightning, was running Frostbite and Faster Casting before.

Thanks a lot for help or reading ;)
HF !
Last edited by Cormus on Sep 25, 2017, 3:15:48 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2017, 2:31:58 PM
Up with new video, few adaptations
Looks nice
Critical build in 3.1 could be everywhere

I would experiment with a full regen build with pantheon 50% increased regen but without legacy items or chayula for the new league.

But no threshold jewels ? for 100 cold conversion ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info