I'm still baffled by this after 3 years...

It's been suggested at least 3 years ago and still nothing changed.
D2 did it correctly; you can LM/RM (left/right mouse click) a skill...
No target = move
Near a target = use skill
Hard target = use skill

RM doesn't bother me that much, poe has different mechanics, small fries.

But the LM, the mother fucking LEFT MOUSE BUTTON...
what the fuck are you guys doing, seriously?!

Bind a totem to LM,
no target = cast <- wrong, should be MOVE
on target = cast, ok

Can't even move AT ALL!!

Bind charged dash to LM,
no target = move, ok
on target = move... why can't you use it?!

Can't use without shift! Yes it's channeled, so fucking what?
Let it charge up as long as we hold it down on a target and keep charging up
even after the target is gone!

How hard is it to make these things work logically?
This fast game is 99% about millions of key inputs, this should be QoL priority #1,
but you are still in 1992...

Why is it so fucking impossible for you to make LM button MOVE, no matter what skill is attached,
if there's no target, and if we click on a target then activate/ start channeling it?
Explain me why your system is so fucked up backwards, making us
A) forcecast some skills like spells and totems, even without touching shift, making us unable to walk, and
B) not being able to use other skills like charged dash unless we DO hold shift??

I don't understand what's so fucking hard about fixing this?! It's been a issue for MANY YEARS...
Can I get a tech dev answer please?

"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 10:00:56 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Umm... Bind "move" to left mouse button.
Yeah I prefer it this way. What if you are mobbed and trying to move? Nope, too many targets. By binding move to LMB, you KNOW that you will move.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I doubt you are trying to be sarcastic and funny by mocking all the generic replies that I got about this topic in global chat. So in case you're being serious now... why? I'm not looking for a go-around. I want a answer to why can't they make it work the way I suggested here, how D2 and most other games do it?

I can play a char that uses only charged dash, and I want to use it on my left mouse,
and there's no point in you asking me to reassign it to any other key.

The question is and remains: why can't skills work the PROPER WAY as I've explained above?
Is there a technical barrier in the code, or is it a philosophical stance, copyright issues maybe?
I need a logical argument.

To all: do not reply if all you have to say is subjective advice on how YOU play and bind YOUR keys and what YOU like. It has nothing to do with what I need to hear.

I explained the problem, how things do not work with left click now,
and gave a solution how they should work. So either answer me or don't say nothing.
-Bex
"
Sinthetick wrote:
Yeah I prefer it this way. What if you are mobbed and trying to move? Nope, too many targets. By binding move to LMB, you KNOW that you will move.

A) click far around the mobs, there's always lots of empty space to activate *move*

B) as almost 99% of players have it now, "W" is bind to *move*.

C) Works perfectly with D2 and D3.
-Bex
Diablo is great, you can't compare this Diablo 2 man...
"
Elemenz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

I doubt you are trying to be sarcastic and funny by mocking all the generic replies that I got about this topic in global chat. So in case you're being serious now... why? I'm not looking for a go-around. I want a answer to why can't they make it work the way I suggested here, how D2 and most other games do it?

I can play a char that uses only charged dash, and I want to use it on my left mouse,
and there's no point in you asking me to reassign it to any other key.

The question is and remains: why can't skills work the PROPER WAY as I've explained above?
Is there a technical barrier in the code, or is it a philosophical stance, copyright issues maybe?
I need a logical argument.

To all: do not reply if all you have to say is subjective advice on how YOU play and bind YOUR keys and what YOU like. It has nothing to do with what I need to hear.

I explained the problem, how things do not work with left click now,
and gave a solution how they should work. So either answer me or don't say nothing.

So you have some personal preference for how controls work, you got shot down in chat, shot down in the forums, but somehow everyone else is wrong.
"
Elemenz wrote:
"
Sinthetick wrote:

A) click far around the mobs, there's always lots of empty space to activate *move*

B) as almost 99% of players have it now, "W" is bind to *move*.

C) Works perfectly with D2 and D3.

A) I take it you've never opened a breach before then?
B) 99%? Not only do I suspect that the vast majority of non-casual players bind walk to either left mouse or space (while casuals probably don't ever rebind their keys), I'd really like to know where you got this interesting "fact", or are you just talking out your exhaust port?
C) This isn't either of those games. There's nothing wrong with how it works now, and in fact, I think your suggestion would be a complete and utter cluster. Needing to target a mob to cast a totem otherwise you'll run there? Are. You. Freakin'. Insane? That would get you manhandled very, very quickly I suspect.
I can definitely sympathize with the frustration caused by this.

I think many of the issues would be fixed if they would at least give us a toggle for "attack in place"/shift so that you can make it so you only hit shift once and you attack in place forever until you unlock it (fuck numlock trick I don't have a 10Key keyboard).

It's very frustrating that there are a multitude of "small" QOL things like this that reside in this game after so many years.

OP is right, that most every other game understands when enemies are in agro range and when they are not. This game however seems to struggle with that basic condition.

It is indeed very odd that they allowed it to last for so long. I've always assumed it was a bug for the first couple of years then GGG decided...hey we already trained their muscle memory wrong so would it be more damaging to change it now? (since our players are used to the fuckery?)

That's the only real reason I can see for never changing it.
I actually like the way PoE does it, and feel it should stay this way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info