Labyrinth only good for ragequits - needs waypoints

"
Grimbold wrote:
Oh my god another "lab sucks I quit" thread. Lab is great, it gives your character a great deal of power and power should come at cost...

Well, if you really gonna ragequit this game just because you are so bad that you are unable to finish normal lab - good riddance.

These threads are good. If more of "lab sucks" threads will be made, maybe more effort will be put into curing this cancerous tumor.

"
Sarunastm wrote:
"
Grimbold wrote:
Oh my god another "lab sucks I quit" thread. Lab is great, it gives your character a great deal of power and power should come at cost...

Well, if you really gonna ragequit this game just because you are so bad that you are unable to finish normal lab - good riddance.

These threads are good. If more of "lab sucks" threads will be made, maybe more effort will be put into curing this cancerous tumor.

You mean the people making the threads right? lol
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Sarunastm wrote:
"
Grimbold wrote:

Haha, it is so funny ho people who are just plain bad at game are raging in labyrinth :-D
OP:

As you're seeing, there are a handful of "git gudders" who regularly make posts directed at those who (rightly) have complaints about the single most hated part of the game, without understanding the substance of what's being posted.

You quite clearly dislike the combination of a rogue dungeon with mechanics that the rest of the game doesn't have, which together form a gate to character progression (ie: you feel compelled to put up with it, to progress in the game). You're not frustrated as much by three character deaths per se as you are the reason they happened and the time wasted each time a death occurred.

If lab in POE feels alien and irritating to you, then you're far from alone in feeling that way.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Sep 22, 2017, 10:25:39 AM
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Sarunastm wrote:
"
Grimbold wrote:

Sarunastm is correct. The improvements that GGG made in 3.0 to the loathsome labyrinth content were done because of the ground swell of dislike lodged against labyrinth in the forums. GGG stated this fact in their own thread, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1899252. That referenced thread also provides great insight into that ground swell. After that thread, GGG made more reductions to the loathsome content than what they stated was planned in their opening post. If we want further improvements to be made in the future then this thread is doing the game a fine service in furthering that goal.

edit: Sarunastm, the OP, and at least one other person has been added to the list of people that have stated they dislike the loathsome labyrinth content now at 934 names. I also added this thread to the thread list which is closing in on 340 threads. Over 340 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 930 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 23, 2017, 1:31:43 AM
The lab might be good for "ragequits" but have you tried using it to get your ascendancy points? It's great for that!
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Awandel wrote:

leap slam is the worst to avoid traps

fixed

Because of the limited range leap slam has it gave me my first death to traps. I clicked beyond it and my character walked into the trap instead... and this was shortly before the range was shortened.

LOL .... have you tried hitting SHIFT before leaping? you literally dont walk forward... Protip : Learn some mechanics about skills and interactions. you can very easily setup and time movement through the lab to take ZERO damage....
"
Iceman6005 wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Awandel wrote:

leap slam is the worst to avoid traps

fixed

Because of the limited range leap slam has it gave me my first death to traps. I clicked beyond it and my character walked into the trap instead... and this was shortly before the range was shortened.

LOL .... have you tried hitting SHIFT before leaping? you literally dont walk forward... Protip : Learn some mechanics about skills and interactions. you can very easily setup and time movement through the lab to take ZERO damage....

the problem i have is in general, some skills / builds can just walk right past traps, or use a teleport, while others get nearly 1 shotted by them.

There isn't any real balance there. my slayer BV can just stand on top of traps, while a zerker caster of mine, has to swap weapons, use lighting warp, and hope he doesn't get nicked by a trap or he loses 30% of his life instantly.

This in balance and everyone posting to use skills that void traps are are basically translating into traps suck, make sure you take a trap void skill with you, aka why have traps at all if the whole game's "git guud" mantra is to use a few skills to skip the traps anyways?

Just get rid of the damn things.

Or fix their damage mechanic.
"
keeperofstars wrote:
There isn't any real balance there. my slayer BV can just stand on top of traps, while a zerker caster of mine, has to swap weapons, use lighting warp, and hope he doesn't get nicked by a trap or he loses 30% of his life instantly.

Or get high movement speed on your boots and learn to dodge manually (that's the way I do it, and I'm running a character with ES rather than life)? It takes some time but you'll learn the patterns.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I can run them all the time, it's just super freaking annoying. Especially when a dart hits you, then a whirl pillar nicks you and you die, right before you get to final izario. Voiding off 30 minutes of game play.

Want to know a super cool trick for lab, take off all of your gear, drop your life to about 2k, run the lab part, then put the gear back on for fighting izario.

that way when you get hit, any life potion will instant heal you, cause the trap damage is only doing a super small amount of damage. Unlike if you have 7k of life where it's takes 2 drinks to regain life back.

Overall it still stands though, the "lab" becomes use skills that void off traps, or if you can't then spend tons of time actually navigating the traps.

It's mainly uber that is the problem with how some of the trap combo's are setup.

It really just becomes who has a full set of instant heal potions, and a teleport skill.

I just find it odd that a "challenging" game mechanic is boiled down to using means to just void it off. The only challenge presented is how well your build can support the voiding part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info