I was killed while I was wayporting (As in in the loading screen).

Simply said, I was using a wayport, I found myself at the login screen with "That character is out of your league (and you know it)."
So I get to delete another default league char now.

I should probably clarify a bit. I was at full health at the time I clicked on the actual location. I was going to die rather soon but it would take a bit of time to do so. The point is I died while I should have been removed from the instance.
Last edited by Umbraal on Feb 20, 2012, 5:58:01 PM
We do have this on our list to investiate, but there is no simple solution. Yyou shouldn't actually exist any more once you hit a loading screen. It shouldn't be possible to die here!

Sorry for the loss of your character ;_;
Balance & Design
This has happened to me about 3 x now. I sometimes am auto logged out or the client crashes when I go into a town portal. If there are any monsters with active AI nearby... RIP HC character.
I want to chime in here and say that I too was moved to default league for no apparent reason. There was a crash at a loading screen (while I was waypointing back to base iirc) and when I relogged - poof - not in HC anymore. No death message, no nothing. It feels pretty disheartening.
Last edited by Poots on Jun 12, 2012, 11:09:06 AM
If you type /deaths on that character, you'll see that you have died, even tho you didn't see it. Hopefully the area transition will work as intended someday.
Don't read my signature!
If you could give the location where you think you died, that might help. Perhaps some areas are worse than others.
Level Designer/Dungeoneer

Always post a screenshot with /debug command entered into the chat window.

First stop for Common Technical Problems
"
Joel_GGG wrote:
If you could give the location where you think you died, that might help. Perhaps some areas are worse than others.

Worst areas are Pools & Streams, Maelstrom of Chaos, Crossroads
I noticed something that may be related last night when I was playing right next to my friend.

If he ran up to a door/gate to go to the next zone before me, I could see that his character was still standing in my zone even though on his computer he was already seeing a loading screen.
TehHammer is not a crime!
i can confirm this and my friend phreeon can vouch for it. it happens to me and as i reported to rory if u die when ur in the loading screen but ur in the old instance u will get an unable to map file exception error and the game will crash to desktop
i get it alot trying to go to vaal ruins and chamber of sins. those are the 2 that are horrible for me. also i still almost garantee when i click on twilight strands from the pyramid always get an exception error and the client crashes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info