Shaped maps question

Hello guys! I'm wonder what is the difference between "density" and "linear", which should I prioritize if I refer myself to this reddit thread? https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6sk37z/30_shaped_map_list/

Thanks!
Last edited by AkaSnake13 on Sep 21, 2017, 12:52:22 AM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 2:14:09 AM
They're self-explanatory terms...

But since we're in the age of spoonfeeding I guess they need explaining;

Density - Distance between mob packs. Notice how in Beach, Jungle Valley, Spider Forest etc. you don't have to walk far to find more victims to lay waste to? That's due to them having a high density.

Linear- Map has a straightforward layout without many diverging paths. Take Tropical Island for example, you pretty much just run a straight line from start to finish which allows you to complete the map much faster than something like Vaal Pyramid which is mazelike.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
They're self-explanatory terms...

But since we're in the age of spoonfeeding I guess they need explaining;

Density - Distance between mob packs. Notice how in Beach, Jungle Valley, Spider Forest etc. you don't have to walk far to find more victims to lay waste to? That's due to them having a high density.

Linear- Map has a straightforward layout without many diverging paths. Take Tropical Island for example, you pretty much just run a straight line from start to finish which allows you to complete the map much faster than something like Vaal Pyramid which is mazelike.

Thank you for the information , I mean yes it was pretty self-explanatory but I'm still not sure if density or linear should be prioritized, I guess Linear since the maps can be cleared much faster?
Ideally aim for both. If I only had to choose one it'd be density since that means more xp and possibilities of drops, though I could see aiming for linear maps working well also since as you said you'd be clearing so fast you could run more in the same amount of time to help make up for the loss in density (though this could cause you to run into problems sustaining your map pool).
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
Ideally aim for both. If I only had to choose one it'd be density since that means more xp and possibilities of drops, though I could see aiming for linear maps working well also since as you said you'd be clearing so fast you could run more in the same amount of time to help make up for the loss in density (though this could cause you to run into problems sustaining your map pool).

Makes sense, thanks for your tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info