Rota Scammers and reputation

You can get scammed in this game with no draw back to the players who do this and you can't prevent others from getting scammed due to not being able to "ruin their rep" (tell others what has happened to you so at least they know what party they're joining. I DO NOT CONDONE BLINDLY -rep) so if someone host a rotation and makes himself last in the map rotation then kicks everyone when its his turn to put up a map gg will supposevly do nothing about this nor can you tell others what he has done to prevent him form performing it again in global 820.

GGG this is such a system that rules global chat and makes it harder and harder for players to interact with one another. I exactly feared this happening therefore i never participated in map rotations. after attempting to level to 100 through map rotations (beachhead) I've gotten scammed try to tell others when i see him advertising again and i get muted by a GM.

But this trap of global chat is ruining map rotations for new players. I completely understand it doesn't affect everyone obviously. those who can't afford rotations everyday if someone invested most of their currency into rotating and get scammed "kicked after they use their map" out side of the agreement of a rotation. what are they to do?

Before you reply, yes i have made an inquiry to the support email and waiting response. thank you for reading sir

North America, Favorite food Chicken and Pineapple pizza, favorite color orange
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by SantelinaKnti on Sep 20, 2017, 7:02:44 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 10:20:37 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like the idea but rep system doesn't seem like a good way to implement it. Like, if someone gets 5 neg votes on them doing a scammed rota, then they need to do a legit rota after and ask party to +rep them and they'll be back to 0, so it won't really be reflective of the person's bad behavior.
This issue is essentially non existent. I’ve done tons of rotations, never been scammed.
"
This issue is essentially non existent. I’ve done tons of rotations, never been scammed.

This has been my experience too. You just need to use common sense.

Like, when you see a '1-HO ROTA' - you have to be really naive to join that. "Let's give all our maps to this one guy just because he says it works better this way. What can possibly go wrong?" ;)

As for a reputation system, it would just become an instrument of griefing and bullying. PoE accounts are free. Anybody who doesn't like somebody can lower their reputation go to minus infinity.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 20, 2017, 3:40:30 PM
"

An issue is not deemed true or false based on whether or not it affects you only there are 7 billion people on earth.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"

This has been my experience too. You just need to use common sense.

Like, when you see a '1-HO ROTA' - you have to be really naive to join that. "Let's give all our maps to this one guy just because he says it works better this way. What can possibly go wrong?" ;)

As for a reputation system, it would just become an instrument of griefing and bullying. PoE accounts are free. Anybody who doesn't like somebody can lower their reputation go to minus infinity.

"1-HO ROTA" in your statement doesn't apply to the reason as to why i made the thread. but only due to the fact that a host i don't normally run with can kick any member if he doesn't like the way the members clears and puts himself at the last place in the order.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You know damn well why they can't allow naming and shaming. Stop sulking like a teenager and just move on. The 1 outta 500 people that are dicks are just that, why focus on the bad experience. Ignore the dude and move on.
"
Miská wrote:
You know damn well why they can't allow naming and shaming. Stop sulking like a teenager and just move on. The 1 outta 500 people that are dicks are just that, why focus on the bad experience. Ignore the dude and move on.

The thing is there is nothing in place for this kind of problem that I'm aware of, and that being as it is there is nothing to prevent that "1 in 500" to keep doing it over and over. Don't try to take a high road through name calling in a feedback thread.

You can't just call people dicks and just say they are what they are and move on when they have affected multiple people and are continuing to repeat their same actions.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
SantelinaKnti wrote:
The thing is there is nothing in place for this kind of problem that I'm aware of, and that being as it is there is nothing to prevent that "1 in 500" to keep doing it over and over. Don't try to take a high road through name calling in a feedback thread.

You can't just call people dicks and just say they are what they are and move on when they have affected multiple people and are continuing to repeat their same actions.

Oh, I didn't notice your IGN at first. OK, I see what you mean. I was in a Beachhead rotation with you last night, and 1 player there was hating on you because of your Chinese name and eventually even used a racial slur and kicked you out of the group. He wasn't the host though, the actual host just had to leave (after his map was done), and that player inherited the group lead. It was also the last map in the rotation.

Well, that's a different problem. When you encounter racism, you know what to do, and GGG will do what has to be done.
So I thought a bit about this, and I think a better way to implement this would be to get a notification if you end up in a party with someone on your ignore list, this way you can at least be aware if you encounter someone who scammed you in the past on a different name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info