All Ears achievement can't go beyond 519/521.

//EDIT: NOT ONLY IS THIS NOT FIXED WITH THE PATCH, IT IS NOW 519/522. SERIOUSLY, WTF GGG?

As title says.

In this post I'll provide some in-depth analysis I've done with several characters dedicated to my attempts to get the achievement, HOPEFULLY GGG NOTICES THIS THREAD and at least comments somehow on whether or not a fix is in the making.

First, I'll explain some rules I had.

If you remember, there's a tricky Bestel's dialogue 'Undead Rhoas', that can only appear if you killed (or hit) a unique rhoa in mud flats, while also making sure that you have NOT finished Tarkleigh's quest yet (as soon as you finish the quest, the dialogue disappears from Bestel, even if you haven't used it yet). I made sure to check such things in all 10 acts, by committing every action imaginable when encountering a unique mob (while also making sure I've met them all in one playthrough) and checking with all NPCs.

Also, I made sure to talk to NPCs while completing their quests 'partially' - for instance, talking to Hargan after each platinum bust I found, or talking to Piety every time when I got one of 3 Malachai's organs.

Also, whenever any quest line appeared at the bottom of the screen, I made sure to go to town and talk to everyone. I also did that whenever I entered a new zone, whenever I opened some quest container - before picking up the quest item contained inside - or encountering some quest enemy but before actually killing it.

Also, I made sure to always check in on special NPCs that aren't located in town (comparing to old 4 acts, the best examples would be Dialla's missable dialogues in act 3, like the one after killing Gravicious, special dialogues regarding Bestel and Fairgraves, etc).

Also, I first helped one of the bandits, making sure to get all possible dialogues there (all 3 'darkness' dialogues, then 'Alira's rivals' and the final 'Darkness' after A2 boss).

In the end of the game, I respecced to Eramir, which gave me +1 to the count. For some reason, Greust's 'Bandit Lords' dialogue was greyed out and didn't increase the count.

Also, I got all prophecy chain dialogues from Navali, as well as the 'Pale Council' dialogue.

Now, let me get to the interesting part. My observations regarding what could cause the issues.

1. First of all, there's an extra 12th prophecy chain known as 'Ancient Rivalries'. Unless you buy a sealed prophecy in standard, there's no way to get this now. If this dialogue is among the 521 required, it should be fixed for obvious reasons.

2. Same goes with her 'The Black Stone' dialogue, which isn't available now.

There were also some weird moments, so I'll provide some screenshots.

3. https://i.imgur.com/Zwws0ov.jpg - the 'Gruthkul' dialogue didn't grey out no matter how many times I've listened to it, no matter when during the story progression I clicked it. Might be bugged and not counting?

4. There was a LOT of strangeness around the final boss of act 9, which even involved the counter DECREASING by one - all explained in this album with descriptions: https://imgur.com/a/9HXH9

All in all, I am 100% certain I couldn't miss the acts 1-10 dialogues. If you need any extra information, please ask away. I'm even willing to test any suggestions you might have. Anyway, you did confirm Locomancer being bugged, hopefully with the evidence in this thread and another I made today (about No Stone Unturned), you'll fix those two achievements too.

// edit:

I've just tried respeccing from Eramir to Oak. Unfortunately, I didn't get a single dialogue count - neither of two Oak's dialogues (Darkness and Oak's rivals) nor Eramir's 'Oak' dialogue. 40 Orbs of Regret wasted... for science. ;_;
Last edited by LaplaceNoMa on Oct 12, 2017, 4:05:22 PM
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2017, 1:52:51 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump. Please, just some confirmation that this is accepted as a bug is enough for now. It took a lot of time to test things out.
1."talking to Hargan after each platinum bust I found", does it count? I may missed.
2.how much prophecy chain dialogues from Navali, as well as the 'Pale Council' dialogue?
It would be helpful us to check my process if you could figure out the total number for each acts and navali dialogues.

3.someone said there would be a special dialogue in a2 boss room before activate the pyramid.

I did not use any silver coins and did not respec bandits. it counts 500/521 now.
Last edited by wlc小号 on Sep 25, 2017, 11:32:47 PM
"
wlc小号 wrote:
1."talking to Hargan after each platinum bust I found", does it count? I may missed.
2.how much prophecy chain dialogues from Navali, as well as the 'Pale Council' dialogue?
It would be helpful us to check my process if you could figure out the total number for each acts and navali dialogues.

3.someone said there would be a special dialogue in a2 boss room before activate the pyramid.

I did not use any silver coins and did not respec bandits. it counts 500/521 now.

1. Don't think those Hargan dialogues counted for me, no.

2. 12 dialogues if you don't count 'Ancient Rivalries' that can only be obtained on Standard through trading.

3. Yes, but it didn't count for me either.

UPDATE: CADIRO PERANDUS' DIALOGUES DO NOT COUNT FOR THE ACHIEVEMENT
Bumping this, because this is some dedication.

My guess would be, that you're missing 2 dialogues from Eramir, that you get when killing only 1 bandit lord. Those are "Alira", "Kraityn" and "Oak", depending on which bandit you killed. They disappear after you kill 2nd bandit. Before 3.0 it was impossible to complete this achievement in one playthrough because of exactly these dialogues. You could get darkness dialogue from all bandits by using books of reform after finishing bandit quest and before finishing A2. This is my guess since you're missing exactly 2 dialogues.

edit: though wiki mentions that these now give 3-4 points. Don't know then.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Sep 29, 2017, 7:53:28 AM
Did you walk in front of the blocked road in the crossroads?
Did not pay attention if that counted as dialog

//:edith

"
LaplaceNoMa wrote:
3. https://i.imgur.com/Zwws0ov.jpg - the 'Gruthkul' dialogue didn't grey out no matter how many times I've listened to it, no matter when during the story progression I clicked it. Might be bugged and not counting?

Got the same bug there

//:edith 2

I just double checked it on a other char, "Gruthkul" gives no point for All Ears
Last edited by Nuya on Oct 1, 2017, 10:05:03 AM
Wooow... I planned to enjoy the entire lore with 3.0 and to get the achievement as well.
Thanks for your research, think I will go back to Tetris until this achievement is fixed :(
As of 3.0.2, this is still not fixed. Can we please get SOME dev comment regarding this?
So now it's not just still broken, it also shows 519/522 now. GGG, care to elaborate wtf is going on with that?
Wow, impressive work! Sorry for the frustration.

Looks like there is a bug or two here. There's one that's simply impossible right now, and another in Act 9 that is (accidentally) extremely unfair. We'll deploy a fix for these two cases. This will reduce the total number back down to 521, and you'll be able to easily get that "unfair" one by talking to certain NPCs in A9 Highgate after the fix goes live.

However, it looks you legitimately missed one, LaplaceNoMa! Hint: it's somewhere in Act 9, and it's easy to go back and get, even if you missed it before. No need to reroll.
EDIT: Nope, that one was bugged too...
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Oct 15, 2017, 11:33:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info