Making Concept Art and Overcoming Creativity Blocks - George Lovesy

Good reading and awesome art ;)
Awesome, always loving to read your posts! Good job team.
I loved some tips in this post. Never thought of "Iconic" and "Broad" approach to artwork. Always used common theme and then "is it crap unit or super unit?", where latter would require more detail and effort, to emphasize boss battle.

I would love to hear some feedback from Artists, how they view current graphical state of city hubs, where most of players wear Iconic sets. Pure Iconic sets. Does it diminish their art?

How to create Iconic++ when everything is Iconic?

Was there ever a thought to reduce glow on some Armour sets or Armour pieces?
Last edited by WiseGuard on Sep 20, 2017, 7:25:56 AM
It's a shame that there are so many good looking items that were a complete waste of effort because they are not viable in any build, and there isn't a proper mtx to transfer their skins except for the one time use one.
So this is the artist who's responsible for self-disemboweling armor. All of those pointy edges on the torso armor, pointed down towards the gut. Bend over and *ouch*.

Don't get me wrong, the concept artwork is great, but it's just completely unrealistic in function.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 20, 2017, 9:36:59 AM
artis do awesome work in POE
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"A perfect example of this within Path of Exile is the sword; relatively simple objects in that they must have both a handle and a blade"

Unless it doesn't. A hilt could be empty, a blade can float with no handle near an armband or over the shoulder and slam down to strike. The snake swords don't even follow the concept of a single blade either, it would be closer to a whip than anything. The very concept of a weapon from a design perspective only needs to meet one requirement I think, can it be wielded against an enemy?
I enjoyed every second reading this article
such an amazing work George and PoE team..

I was wondering if we can see in the future a Garukhan armour set (would be awesome if it changes with female characters and male characters)
Because man I would love this armour set on my Ranger ♥
Garukhan looks like something from the chernobyl disaster 😂

#Savage
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Fracture333 wrote:
a steam-electric-punk act would be nice, that futuristic armourset with the fly wings looks awesome. and there are a bunch of steam-punk, electric-punk themed stuff in the game already, if you expand it a bit, and create areas, mobs, skills, etc. that look futuristic, it would be awesome :D
No theres alrdy warframe this is poe stand down.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info