New Update has rendered the game unplayable !

Ever since the new update I get crashes, I mean real crashes not disconnect which take you to the login screen. I mean crashes that shut the game down altogether back to the dashboard. This seems to happen a lot while in town when socketing or tweaking gear via gems/socket changing/rerolling stats. It just freezes for a second then shuts down to the dashboard. I cant do this anymore.

Until this is fixed I cant see myself logging back on,which blows because I love this game and just spent $20 on some microtransactions ( before update ) which is awesome. Before the update this game was near flawless as far as performance and stability. I spent a whole weekend playing practically nonstop now after the update, its so consistent I can almost set my watch to it. I don't know whats going on but like I said I cant play this great game till this has been fixed. I haven't lost anything ( items or currency ) yet but I know it will happen so I cant risk it. Is anyone else having these crashes and people I mean real crashes not disconnect as some seem to think they are the same,they are not.
Psalms of Moribund
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2017, 10:58:53 PM
I just read the known issues and saw this ...

Crashing when using repeat apply: Users are reporting crashes when repeat applying currency to items. We are investigating the issue.

Crash when socketing gems: A crash can occur when socketing gems when users have items equipped that have no sockets (Kaom's Roots, Kaom's Heart)

Exactly what is happening to me so I am glad its not just me. Probably should have read the Known Issues thread before posting but that's neither here or there. I trust you guys will do what needs to be done, you seem rather competent so its all good. I will say though, I said to myself "if this crashes one more time I am buying Death of the Outsider ( Dishonored 2 ) , needless to say I know own DotO lol.
Psalms of Moribund
Last edited by ghstbr on Sep 19, 2017, 5:33:14 PM
Hello ghstbr,

We have fixes for both of the issues you linked in your second post that will be included in the next patch, I'm sorry for the trouble you've experienced with these.

Hey thanks for taking the time Jeff to reply to my thread. I have no doubt that you guys will fix everything and you don't have to apologize for it. I get it, I know software is a fickle bitch! This game is free and literally has dwarfed Diablo 3 ( IMO ) so that says something about the quality you guys do.
Psalms of Moribund

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info