Where to begin (complaining)

**Edit Note: Going to put this right at the top so people see it.

1. If you don't the fact that I swear, that's cool. I don't require your acceptance to exist. it doesn't change the facts about anything I said however.

2. I don't want the game to play itself, nor do I want to play D3. What I DO want is not to have my time wasted playing a game that is using mechanics that have been outdated for like 20 years now. Zero reason not have autoloot for common shit you are always picking up anyways. Fuck anyone that says it will ruin "the economy" lol. Wtf do you think this is? the Dow Jones? I've been playing games online since they were TEXT BASED and I have NEVER seen ANY games economy ruined beyond recovery lol Please stop being stupid. Thanks.

3. Golems. I won't say EVERYONE uses them, but I would say at least 90% of people use a golem either for a little extra buff. Regardless, the bonus they give and for how squishy they are makes the actual golem entirely useless to me. Just make them a fucking proper buff. The people saying that I should invest skill points to make them more tanky are fucking morons imo. Who is going to waste points on that shit? These are not minions made for combat, these are walking buffs, that is all they are. Simple as that. I just want the buff part, you can keep the walking part. I fail to see why this is such a complicated issue. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill please.

4. The title was meant as "where to begin" complaining about all the broken shit in this game that pisses me off. I am sorry if you were too simple minded to understand this. I have clarified now so you can rest easy though. You're welcome.

5. Lastly, this is the feedback forum. I honestly don't give a shit what any of your opinions are. These are my notes for the devs, if you agree with them. Great. If not, fuck off and go write your own post. Simple. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

---

Going to do this in point form for expediency. You got shit to do:

- Autoloot, why the fuck is this not a thing yet? Why do I need to sit there and click in each individual little item? What is this? 1990?. There should be autoloot for basic items that everyone is going to be picking up, such as currency for example. You can take it a step further and give us a list of loot options ie: autoloot currency > scrolls > div cards > etc, etc. so you can toggle what you want to pick up and what you don't automatically.

- Inventory management. This is without a doubt, the biggest reason I don't play this game more. I fucking LOATHE your inventory system!!!!! Everything is too big, no autosort, and the inventory fills up too quickly. Why? why do you feel we need this artificial time sinks wasting everyones time to play the real game, which seems to be sitting around playing fucking tetris with all your shit trying to fit into the ridiculous undersized inventory.

- Loot, wtf guys!, This season I expected currency to be a lot better with the inclusions of those little shards. I still am only at like 10/20 exalted shards I think, and I've played the entire season. Loot is SO FUCKING BAD in this game. Like I said in another post, I've played for 4 or 5 years now and holy fuck guys, why is currency drops so bad in this game? Like I still haven't ever even seen a mirror drop. 5 years and I haven't seen this item once? wtf is the point of even having shit like that in the game if 99.9% of people never even a snowballs chance in hell of finding it.

Don't even get me started on finding all the shitty under lv20 uniques in like t12-16 maps, like wtf guys? If I am doing end game shit, I want to be finding end game shit, not shit I could've used 80 fucking levels ago that I'm just going to end up vendoring now.

- Speaking of endgame, maps are fucking boring. Please stop making me find maps. You have the atlas now, just let me need to find the map ONCE and then let me just roll the stats on the atlas to change the map effects via currency. Finding maps, storing maps, rolling maps, etc is all just a colossal waste of time and money and makes the end game horribly boring. I just want to login, jump into an area and start killing shit. Why do you need to complicate shit?

... what else annoys me about this game...

- speaking of those currency shards, you have up'd the rates like 3x? and still they drop like shit. why are you so fucking stingy? like i mentioned earlier, I've played all season and I've only earned enough exalt shards for HALF an exalt lol. fucking USELESS waste of time even killing that shit at this point.

- Lab enchants, way way way WAY too many enchants for helmets. makes trying to get a useful enchant neigh impossible and it will only get worse as times goes on and more shit gets added. Boots are the easiest and gloves are mediocre at best. You need to think up a way to make this better. Don't have any witty suggestions off the top of my head, but this system while useful, is like shoving barbed wire up your urethra, it's painful to say the least.

- Golems, please just make these perm buffs and be done with it. Fucking stupid needing to manually recast these guys after EVERY * SINGLE * FUCKING * HIT because they get melted in one shot by virtually everything. So then you kneecap yourself and try to use a CWDT setup, but then you are wasting multiple slots for a mediocre buff at best. Why? Just make it a buff like everything else and stop making people waste their time.

- Masters take way too long to level up. I shouldn't need to round robin every single master every single day to even have a chance to leveling them up to 8 during season play. I log in, and play solo casually, why do you force me to interact with other people just to level MY crafters? Why do we need such a huge time sink? Everything can traded / bought, so why?. I see no reason for these masters to take so long to level, none.

- Chaos damage, I think it's been plenty long enough ... we need more ways to mitigate this bullshit, thanks.

- The damage speed up from moving while bleeding is too extreme imo.

- THe base movement speed of EVERYONE is way too slow imo.

- Why can we not save hideout themes we've designed? I hate having to build my HO every single season I play. Just let me do it once, save the settings to a file and be done with it. thanks.

- 1HKO's are a bs mechanic employed by the lazy and the feebleminded. Be better please.

- Please stop making me use 3rd party apps to play your game. You know, like everyone else does, that trade chat is just for scammers, and poe trade is sniped by bots, etc, etc. Please stop beating around the bush and give us a better way to trade already please. thanks.

... can't think of anything else to complain about off the top of my head atm, but I know there is lots more =)

Overall the game has improved graphically and performance wise over the last 5 years. 3.0 was a vast improvement over the old game in those regards. The "end game" has always been incredibly tedious and boring for me. I hate the map system, or more specifically I hate being forced to go out and find maps in order just to play the game. No other game does this, why? because it's fucking stupid that's why.

Just let people log in and jump into the content they want to play and let them enjoy the game. I'm sure you'd retain more customers and increase your profit margins, happy people tend to spend more money than unhappy people, just saying.

Last edited by Razordoll on Sep 20, 2017, 2:15:59 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 8:19:49 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So basically you don't want to play an arpg... Because most of what you are asking for the removal or oversimplification of would be staples of the genre. Almost everything you ask for is the elimination of "Choices have consequences", which is important to the developers of this game. If you want a game where you are just constantly rewarded without having to make a choice that can have a negative outcome, go play D3 on their PTR servers where droprates are buffed 10,000% and nothing matters! Ultimately what you are asking for would be the instant death of this game. If there was no challenge, no reach for a goal, then there is no point, and everything gets realllllly boring really fast... If you haven't already read the Dev Q&A's from the last few months, you totally should, because some of what you are suggesting has been addressed there.
U MAD?
I didn't bother reading this since a quick scan makes this look like a swear-ridden rant.

Also, to answer the title of the thread: The Twilight Strand.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Going to do this in point form for expediency. You got shit to do:

- Autoloot, why the fuck is this not a thing yet? Why do I need to sit there and click in each individual little item? What is this? 1990?. There should be autoloot for basic items that everyone is going to be picking up, such as currency for example. You can take it a step further and give us a list of loot options ie: autoloot currency > scrolls > div cards > etc, etc. so you can toggle what you want to pick up and what you don't automatically.

Because skipping currency and cards you don't think are worth the time is already fine as it is, and auto looting would majorly inflate the economy to hell unless they made massive drop rate changes. Period.
Spoiler
"
Imagine the real world in some distant future or something. Every single person gets a a small robot that cannot break down, cannot run out of energy, it will always be in top functioning shape and require no money to keep that way.

This machine passively collects elements from the air, ground, whatever, and will constantly pump out the equivalent of US pennies in compensation, say $1 per hour, as long as you are doing something "productive" (the definition of productive can be up to interpretation here, to be most accurate for analogy you would need to assume it means working in some capacity).

At the same time, the world economy is completely free market, there is no body regulating prices on anything, people are willing to charge whatever price they want for anything.

So every single person in the world passively gains currency and nothing states what sellers have to charge on consumer goods. So what do you see when you go into the store and look at purchasing a loaf of bread? A coloring book? A TV? What you are going to see is a digital sign on every single product everywhere, and the price on the digital signs is slowly increasing even as you stand there staring at it. Why not? Each (let's just assume the current 7.5 billion current world population) person on the planet gets $1 dollar an hour of productivity regardless of whatever other money they make outside of their little eternal robot. Even assuming "productivity" hours ranging from an hour to 8 hours a day, that is still $1-8 a day per person that just shows up out of nowhere with no effort on the person's behalf. Why not change the price of every single product on the planet per hour, per minute, per second to compensate? After all, that bread didn't just show up out of nowhere. In comparison, all the products being sold took quite some time to be developed and produced. And nobody is going to force those people to keep prices low, it is absolutely free market. And what reason do people buying the products have to complain, as long as prices remain at a healthy enough rate that most of the population can always buy what is needed at the time in general. Hell, people may be able to keep supporting those who can't be as productive if necessary, they don't need to but they can to some capacity depending on the rate of change the sellers dictate.

But in return, when everybody has something to sell, why wouldn't they too have an ever changing price? This becomes more true if the analogy is to be as transferable as possible - "productivity" is literally making something worth selling that you can personally sell for money. If everybody is making 1-8 dollars an hour, why wouldn't you keep upping the price of your own bread you made and want to sell? You have to pay other's prices that keep increasing, why wouldn't you want to do the same for what took you time to produce and eventually use the sale to buy your own things.

You can nitpick at smaller details however much you want but this analogy represents current PoE if auto looting of any kind in regards to even the smallest form of currency is allowed. There is nothing to regulate the fact that every player has the opportunity to passively loot currency while active if an auto-loot was suddenly enabled. And yes, having a buy in cost makes any auto loot pet idea pay to win because what happens to those in this alternative reality who can't afford whatever initial cost the robots have if any? They die as the price of fucking water and bread would go through the damn roof faster than they can even produce a single sellable object.

And no, passive money generation doesn't suddenly make the population of the world at large suddenly generous and help everybody survive and have a good life. Just look at crap that happens right now, particularly among billionaires of the world. Very few actively try to help others even when they have enough money to be set for life 100x over. Even less do absolutely everything possible to help as much as they can in any way they can to give their money away to help the unfortunate. And many of them are set for life in a way that they don't need to do anything, they just continuously gain some amount of money just for having set up the profitable x thing initially. You don't see players with stacks and stacks of mirrors doing daily donations. Usually, they are the ones controlling the prices and living at the top of the world in PoE, hoarding their years of wealth so they are able to afford anything they want on the fly. Because there is nobody to tell them not to.

So go ahead and beg for auto-pickup. But don't be shocked if the game would change massively to compensate, drop rates gutted to the absolute floor and so on. And if the game doesn't change to compensate, have fun watching Kaom's Heart rise an ex in price on the daily and have no upper limit. Have fun paying 20ex for a white ilvl84 crafting base within weeks.

You can change the auto pickup to even be only scrolls or only get scroll fragments in exchange for each scroll picked up. It doesn't stop it, it only slows down the rate of change.

"
- Inventory management. This is without a doubt, the biggest reason I don't play this game more. I fucking LOATHE your inventory system!!!!! Everything is too big, no autosort, and the inventory fills up too quickly. Why? why do you feel we need this artificial time sinks wasting everyones time to play the real game, which seems to be sitting around playing fucking tetris with all your shit trying to fit into the ridiculous undersized inventory.

Would agree it would be nice but don't kid yourself into thinking it would be anywhere near specialized. At best it would be broad general sorting options and it would only impact the specific tab you are on. For now if you want a neat and organized stash, take 5 minutes before it gets out of control to organize it, if too late, take a lazy afternoon to tidy up.

"
- Loot, wtf guys!, This season I expected currency to be a lot better with the inclusions of those little shards. I still am only at like 10/20 exalted shards I think, and I've played the entire season. Loot is SO FUCKING BAD in this game. Like I said in another post, I've played for 4 or 5 years now and holy fuck guys, why is currency drops so bad in this game? Like I still haven't ever even seen a mirror drop. 5 years and I haven't seen this item once? wtf is the point of even having shit like that in the game if 99.9% of people never even a snowballs chance in hell of finding it.

RNG. RNG is your problem. I've already gotten 1.5ish ex from ex shards and I've probably played less than you honestly.

"
Don't even get me started on finding all the shitty under lv20 uniques in like t12-16 maps, like wtf guys? If I am doing end game shit, I want to be finding end game shit, not shit I could've used 80 fucking levels ago that I'm just going to end up vendoring now.

This has already been answered multiple times in other threads why this will pretty much always continue to happen least we become Diablo 3.5/inflate the economy with good uniques more than it already gets. Plus if I am remembering my unique mechanics correctly, getting The Princess in a map doesn't have any impact at all on that Kaom's Heart you were hoping for.

"
- Speaking of endgame, maps are fucking boring. Please stop making me find maps. You have the atlas now, just let me need to find the map ONCE and then let me just roll the stats on the atlas to change the map effects via currency. Finding maps, storing maps, rolling maps, etc is all just a colossal waste of time and money and makes the end game horribly boring. I just want to login, jump into an area and start killing shit. Why do you need to complicate shit?

You.... You're kidding right? GGG killing off one of their major tab space takers?

"
- speaking of those currency shards, you have up'd the rates like 3x? and still they drop like shit. why are you so fucking stingy? like i mentioned earlier, I've played all season and I've only earned enough exalt shards for HALF an exalt lol. fucking USELESS waste of time even killing that shit at this point.

R.
N.
G.

"
- Lab enchants, way way way WAY too many enchants for helmets. makes trying to get a useful enchant neigh impossible and it will only get worse as times goes on and more shit gets added. Boots are the easiest and gloves are mediocre at best. You need to think up a way to make this better. Don't have any witty suggestions off the top of my head, but this system while useful, is like shoving barbed wire up your urethra, it's painful to say the least.

Then buy them from lab runners. That's kind of the point of helm enchants. They aren't meant to be easy to get by a long shot. They aren't necessary either so it is quite literally just below buying mirror rares for your build perfection. Need that 90% crit chance TS Rat's Nest and don't want to grind out the lab for it? Fork over the dough for a selling one bud. That's the entire fucking point. Don't wanna. Honestly, too bad. And I'm only saying this as somebody who has dabbled in lab running and just find it a nice break from maps, not that I've made good money out of it at all really. Plus pulling off a ancestral warchief bringer of rain a few leagues back self found made me realize this myself. I never would have bothered farming for it specifically. I would have bought it if I hadn't gotten lucky.

"
- Golems, please just make these perm buffs and be done with it. Fucking stupid needing to manually recast these guys after EVERY * SINGLE * FUCKING * HIT because they get melted in one shot by virtually everything. So then you kneecap yourself and try to use a CWDT setup, but then you are wasting multiple slots for a mediocre buff at best. Why? Just make it a buff like everything else and stop making people waste their time.

Gee, almost like you need to invest in minion nodes if you don't want them to be made of toilet paper... Like intended. Or sacrifice some gem slots for easy re-access to buffs... Like intended. Or take the option of not using them if you so desire... Like intended.

"
- Masters take way too long to level up. I shouldn't need to round robin every single master every single day to even have a chance to leveling them up to 8 during season play. I log in, and play solo casually, why do you force me to interact with other people just to level MY crafters? Why do we need such a huge time sink? Everything can traded / bought, so why?. I see no reason for these masters to take so long to level, none.

Can again half agree with this. I don't use master services from others 99.99999% of the time so it is annoying, but I've never been stinted gameplay wise for only getting to 7 all masters most leagues.

And it wouldn't be worth it for some to specifically power level masters if made too easy. Just like lab, its the entire point. Farm and grind or buy it and pay the price.

"
- Chaos damage, I think it's been plenty long enough ... we need more ways to mitigate this bullshit, thanks.

No we don't, at least not without a massive hit to our dps clear speed in the process. Just thinking about the longevity of the game where 75% chaos resist is moderately achievable with ~10ex on a build on top of what we already do makes me cry.

"
- The damage speed up from moving while bleeding is too extreme imo.

Staunching flasks... are a thing that exist.

"
- THe base movement speed of EVERYONE is way too slow imo.

Again. You're kidding right? Unless you are proposing gear ms gets shot so we end up with the same average speed we currently have in end game?

"
- Why can we not save hideout themes we've designed? I hate having to build my HO every single season I play. Just let me do it once, save the settings to a file and be done with it. thanks.

Only thing I can completely get behind so far. No complaints. Doesn't kill the game though, just means standard will be my only decorated hideout... When I bother.

"
- 1HKO's are a bs mechanic employed by the lazy and the feebleminded. Be better please.

Depends which one hits you are referring to, some are fine, others need to go when the Vaal Pact disease is cured.

"
- Please stop making me use 3rd party apps to play your game. You know, like everyone else does, that trade chat is just for scammers, and poe trade is sniped by bots, etc, etc. Please stop beating around the bush and give us a better way to trade already please. thanks.

I want to know where people keep running into trade bot sniping so often to complain about it... Oh wait, meta builds... Got it.

Other than that, yes please.

"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"

Because skipping currency and cards you don't think are worth the time is already fine as it is, and auto looting would majorly inflate the economy to hell unless they made massive drop rate changes. Period.

I dont know man, they could at the very least do a system where the currency combines itself, if 5 wisdom scrolls drop those shouldn't be 5 separate drops, it could be one drop to save time picking them up.

"

Would agree it would be nice but don't kid yourself into thinking it would be anywhere near specialized. At best it would be broad general sorting options and it would only impact the specific tab you are on. For now if you want a neat and organized stash, take 5 minutes before it gets out of control to organize it, if too late, take a lazy afternoon to tidy up.

Even the most general of sorting options would be completely fine, sorting gems by name/color, or maps by level/tier would be a godsend lol.
Last edited by TTGJailbreak on Sep 19, 2017, 2:59:05 PM
"

Even the most general of sorting options would be completely fine, sorting gems by name/color, or maps by level/tier would be a godsend lol.[/quote]

And that's why I was saying to just not get hopes up. It would be options like RED SKILL GEMS, and the tab would get reorganized by alphabetical skill gems first, possibly with red support gems coming in second, then other various categories that were predetermined to make some sense. I would never expect GGG to be able to work in the functions for complex choosing as well as any sort of "lock these slots off so they stay here and the rest of the tab follows my chosen organization option." But if you are willing to pull all your unique chests out, throw them in a tab and hit UNIQUE CHESTS and it organizes it all alphabetically and then throws non-chest remnants to the back of the line. Hells yeah.

And there's an argument for combined piles, but that is a little odd to pull off gameplay wise. How do you make all your loot collect itself to be dropped bigger? They were dropped from seperate monsters! I mean I wouldn't mind some league mod that does it so its like D3 Greater Rifts, just an explosion at the end. But I think we'd get sick of that too.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 19, 2017, 3:16:08 PM
In my opinion, he has some points.

A certain auto loot pickup option for currency (At least outside of party play) would be very pleasant.
Be it circle shaped like it was in sacred or in any other similar form.

The inventory sorting issue, I honestly can relate - I purchased 40 Premium Tabs, 4 Quads, 1 Currency, 1 Div Tab, 1 Essence Tab - And I am the kind of player who tries to organize his stash yet it can be quite tiring.

Regarding Harbinger Drops - Well, I play a lot - after 1 char in the 90's, a couple in the mid/late 80's and a decent amount of T15 Beachhead rotations I yet have not seen a mirror shard, It is indeed a little bit disappointing.

I can't follow your issue with Golems that much to be honest, the 2 options of either self cast them once they die, or use a cast when damage taken setup mostly worked out for me. - Yet, I can understand that this could one of those minor things that over a period of time grinds down your gears.

Your feedback with hideouts, I never cared about that, but some people put a LOT of effort into hideouts, so I agree with you on this one.

1 shot's - yeah they are pretty annoying - I run around with 7.2 HP - still get a nice 1 shot once a while.

About masters - Yes and no, let's say with /global 820 it's ok'ish. Yet bringing Zana to level 8 to unlock breaches is well... If you would cut it in half, it would be still enough grind.

Regarding 3rd party trading, it's a mess, plain and simple.

My own issue and dreams:

Spoiler
To be really honest, there is only 1 thing I really want - A standalone downloadable version of poe - so modders can hack it to pieces and create glory like they did with d2. (median/XL,eastern sun/Chaos empire, etc. etc.)

But that is just an illusion - yet, I in total spent probably around 2.000 USD on poe with this account and my account on Garena together. I would instantly pay 100 bucks to have the option to mod the game in single player to my personal joy. But yeah - if that ever will happen is highly questionable, and IF that ever will happen, will I still be hooked with poe? Time will tell.
Last edited by fastcatz on Sep 19, 2017, 3:52:45 PM
Just some points and thoughts:

-autoloot: could be possible in solo play, but starts to be an issue in parties; even with perma bound: what if the item that gets tried to pick dont fit in your inventory? ->dropping down to FFA.
Beside that: as others pointed out, there will be also issues with the general management of the inventory. And even if this will get improved somewhen, we'll never expect to see a complete 'rearranging' while picking up stuff.

-Lab enchants: there are enchants for (nearly) every skill - which/how many would you take out? ;)
But indeed, I could imagine to have a (random!) selection (5?10?) to pick one of them, to give us at least some more chance for a useful one.

-golems: its indeed surprising, how many damage they now take compared to their life pool (when leveled). And yes, in a non-minion focused build there's barely room for support gems for them; sometimes its even hard to have a free keyslot... we still wait for that announced shift-keys layer.
But even for such plain skillgems, the thing I mainly miss is a better availability to some minion regen for all classes. It even could be a new support skill.

-masters: already are significantly faster to level than before. I have no issue to need nearly the whole time of a league to max them out, if going casually; while heavy mapping or using the prophecies or party rota should speed them up)

"
I've played the entire season.

That CANT be done/said at all until the season is over - there's plenty enough time to aim for any goal you want.

add: 'where to begin': with patience. ;)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Sep 20, 2017, 5:49:22 AM
more fucks and shits than suggestions...stopped reading
I read through only a little bit before I realised something:

You don't want to play PoE. You want to play Diablo 3. Why are you not playing Diablo 3 instead of PoE? Why are you here demanding that the rest of us also play Diablo 3 with you?

The game is fine for its audience. You are a casual, and not part of this audience. Go find a game which is intended for a player like you.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info