Gem Auto Level When Equiping New Items

So I leveled a gem up to the max I can in my current gear/build.

Now what I did was equip an item to see if it was an upgrade which happened to put a stat over the threshold for the gem to level up. This meant that when I put the original item back on I couldn't use the gem any more due to not having the required stats and had to re-level another one.

I don't know if we could stop gem at say 95% so that this doesn't happen or if its even supposed to auto level the gem?

Thanks
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 12:31:23 PM
That sounds kinds awkward. :/

Dunno if you're aware, but if you sell the skill gem and an Orb of Scouring to a vendor, they'll give you the skill gem back, minus one level. Might be worth it if the skill is important to your build.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
That sounds kinds awkward. :/

Dunno if you're aware, but if you sell the skill gem and an Orb of Scouring to a vendor, they'll give you the skill gem back, minus one level. Might be worth it if the skill is important to your build.

Oh really, that would have helped. I could only level up to 8 so it didnt take too long to get back, but if this post helps anyone in the same situation it was worth it.

I still dont know most of the stuff you can do on this game :P

Thanks

You can also disable auto-leveling of gems by holding 'Y' while having the gem selected. If you are testing gear with new attributes, that's an option!
why isn't auto level just disabled by default. this really messed me over. i ended up having a gem level while comparing gear then i wasn't able to use the gem with the gear i settled on because i was lacking the dex that another piece of gear provided. really bad idea to auto level these without confirmation
"
Cheesebeaver wrote:
why isn't auto level just disabled by default. this really messed me over. i ended up having a gem level while comparing gear then i wasn't able to use the gem with the gear i settled on because i was lacking the dex that another piece of gear provided. really bad idea to auto level these without confirmation

That's what happens when the people behind the game aren't even good at it (I mean seriously they are terrible at their own game) and are too busy counting all the jingles they've tricked idiots into throwing at them instead of actually improving their game.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Cheesebeaver wrote:

100% agree.

This is a game that is 50% planning, 50% execution. The execution should not interfere with the planning except to say "you made poor decisions," when your build isn't up to par.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info