Shield Charge - targeting

Shield Charge always uses max distance no matter the target or how long the button is pressed, rendering the skill useless for single target. Are there any plans for some changes?
Last bumped on Oct 1, 2017, 4:45:19 AM
No because if you read the description it says it builds up power and does the most damage the longer it goes. Its not hard to time and use it accurately, just mess around with it you will learn the distance timing in no time. To cut it short would nerf it IMO, though can you use the reduce duration mod with it ?
Psalms of Moribund
"
ghstbr wrote:
No because if you read the description it says it builds up power and does the most damage the longer it goes. Its not hard to time and use it accurately, just mess around with it you will learn the distance timing in no time. To cut it short would nerf it IMO, though can you use the reduce duration mod with it ?

You are wrong in this case.

Shield charge (on the PC version) has an OPTION to go max distance. In the cases of bosses, if you have a sheild charge build, your leech is adversely affected by going max distance and charging back to the boss.

Sometimes you don't want "max damage" you want "max attack speed short usage" to maintain sustain.

OP is right and having a fixed distance for Shield Charge is not right and does not feel good.

The game can utilize the left trigger and name lock to accomplish this. If I hold LT+shield charge when facing a boss (for example) it should allow me to lock on the boss and once I do one max charge allow me to repeat (small charges) on the boss itself.
Well I do agree target lock is something this game needs badly and would fix that, but I kinda like the way you go the full distance, I use it for more then just damage TBH, its my get the hell out of dodge skill!
Psalms of Moribund
This is further complicated by the difficulty in targeting.

I use it as a movement skill, but in the build I use, it's intended to also deliver a curse and as is, is extremely difficult to use.
I completely agree in that the left trigger should be used to utilize short distance shield charge. I hate having to use orb or storms to get EE and EO. Waste of my gem slots. I hope they have a fix for this.
i counter this by also running leap. if you just tap the leap button you will leap to the target, even if he is right next to you.
TBH, I use it more to get out of trouble than running into it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info