PoE players number dropping like a brick on Steam

"
general2906 wrote:
That's what happens when:

1. ... You publish recycled content while advertising "six new acts"
2. ... All the quests from the only actually new content (Act 5) are auto-completed (LOL!!??)
3. ... Your new league and new economy are kinda... sad (SHARDS!!??)
4. ... You fail properly optimize your game after so many years
5. ... You believe that console port will save your game.

It has been extremely fun for a few years though. I guess all good things must come to an end. Cant help but feeling kinda... cheated by GGG.

Go look at the steam chart again...the one with the graph showing you the player counts, you'll see this thing called a pattern and you can match it to stuff that happens in the game.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
elwindakos wrote:
Typical ignorance on facts.

Wanna talk about actual facts?

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960

See the green numbers?This is when each new league got introduced.

You can see paterns.But you can see also how it got bigger over time.

Now chosing to display the red ones also known as negatives,you see that there is less dropoff than other leagues.This are data,this are facts.Choosing to ignore it and making useless threads wont get you anywhere without proper backup claims.

I'm really surprised by that player retention, considering how shitty i think Harbinger league is. Seems like the majority is enjoying it a good deal.
well harbinger league mechanics isn't everything it's also a mix of the "starting a league" thrill + the new meta.

Was it a good league? Imho no. IS PoE meta good? Imho it has been better. Will still come back for next one.
Last edited by galuf on Sep 17, 2017, 12:35:52 PM
Game is toast. After 5 years of near constant play I have quit after blowing through 3.0 core just once. New league? Make me laugh. Once through was MORE than enough. TYVM. GGG has decided to keep their best gear and interesting content for their endgame. HUGE mistake. Make the best stuff in the core game not only available but NECCESARY. Too late now. Fanboys are the only hope for this game to continue. Don't see that as a possibility for long. Xbox certainly isn't going to do it.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Sep 17, 2017, 12:56:24 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Why put so much money and time into content players will spend barely 10 hours on and as a result have awful retention past the first 3 weeks because the league sucks and end game is still the same as it was 6 months ago.

In an interview, Chris Wilson explained that a lot of new players quit the game after beating the normal difficulty. Considering GGG gets the most money from players AFTER they reach the endgame, making the journey there more interesting for new players = more money for GGG.

Here's the interview timestamped:
https://youtu.be/DcVVRWF9Rkw?t=1m40s
Last edited by Direki on Sep 17, 2017, 3:03:19 PM
"
Direki wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Why put so much money and time into content players will spend barely 10 hours on and as a result have awful retention past the first 3 weeks because the league sucks and end game is still the same as it was 6 months ago.

In an interview, Chris Wilson explained that a lot of new players quit the game after beating the normal difficulty. Considering GGG gets the most money from players AFTER they reach the endgame, making the journey there more interesting for new players = more money for GGG.

Here's the interview timestamped:
https://youtu.be/DcVVRWF9Rkw?t=1m40s

I absolutely agree but going from kitava to T1-4 maps with zero difficulty and mob density is a joke. They also seem to not realize once you got people to end game maps, you need them to stay.

What is the point of getting new players to end game if they get bored out of their mind grinding through t1-4 maps?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 17, 2017, 3:09:29 PM
ded gaem
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
Wow, I don't know what GGG would do without all you keyboard analysts being here to help point out the folly of their ways! There is just no way possible with their access to complete and detailed statistical information that they would have been able to work out how the game was performing for players and where best to apply their efforts.

It's obviously been 4 years of half-arsed stumbling into success for which they really deserve no credit. I mean, it's so easy to create an ARPG from the ground up that all the cool kids are doing it today aren't they? Oh, you mean you haven't done that, run it as a successful business, continually expanded the organisation, hired additional staff, rolled it out globally and engaged with one of the larger technology companies in the world? Never mind, I'm sure you'll have that covered by the end of the week!

Generally speaking, customer feedback is very important to assist in running your business. Don't ever take business advice from them though because they have insufficient information to make informed decisions and are often just downright ignorant.
Well, my takeaway from this thread is that 鬼殺し now has 14 challenges complete and that he has enough support banners to make color coded selections and add to the attractiveness of his posts. Such things only enhance his deft word play.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info