Let's say it out loud - Kitava boss fight is garbage

"
"
coredumped wrote:
The biggest damage coming from those mobs is a sort of "barrage" of dark projectiles that get pooped on you. If you keep moving they will hardly hit you. This fight is all about the movement and knowing what to avoid. Just ignore all the negativity going around in this post, you most definitely DO NOT need to create a new character or start purchasing everything from poe trade to deal with Kitava. You will be fine.

I couldn't even see the dark barrage until you pointed it out and I actually looked for it, the darkish red tint of everything and the weaker herald enemies covering the shots up makes them pretty hard to notice. Knowing it's there makes it a bit easier, made it up to third Kitava phase but unfortunately got stunned twice in a row by the small red marks before the big slam attack got me, didn't react fast enough to pop a flask but I felt pretty good about getting that far.

Will give it another go tomorrow with the Brine King Pantheon buff to see if that will help with stuns.

As to the small red marks, I believe (will try to confirm this later tonight when I get home) it always comes after a specific attack, the one when he spawns the puddle of goo on the floor. To avoid those marks, which will one shot you, you need to look at his hands. If he starts raising a hand and it glows red, the position of impact is already defined in your current location, so just start moving away from there. (I usually end up running over the goo to get to the other side, which is not ideal, but taking its degen for a little while is often a lot better than the alternatives)
Last edited by coredumped on Sep 19, 2017, 1:02:42 PM
I leveled a new character this week. Act 5 Kitava kicked my ass. I facerolled Act 10 Kitava deathless.

The difference? About 20k DPS and Vaal Pact.

I think I'm starting to see where the GGG balance experts are getting their ideas from.
This fight is actually easier than Mal in merc. No contest. The difference? You are no longer able to start maps without doing this fight.

That is what they real complaints boil down to, imo.
Censored.
Well, managed to beat him, just had to buy myself the Determination skill gem, level it up a bit and the hard hitting Shamans could do little more than stop my hp from regenerating fast enough but flasks solved that problem. Fight actually got kind of fun only having to worry about the slam, degen pools and fire breath. I'm kind of glad I made my build so tanky though, I don't think I'd like to do it on anything squishier.
Sounds like OP doesn't understand surviving power. I play hardcore and Kitava was tough, but not impossible. I think that players need to approach the game in a manner that have surviving power. Of course you are going to get one shot in an encounter that is level 65-70ish with a character that doesn't understand the concept of tanking. But eh, what do I know....I am just a hardcore player lol.
The damage is not that big a deal as long as you dodge the slam, which really isn't that hard. You have several seconds to move away from the area.
In HC I usually level to lvl 75 or something and kill it. And leveling from 65-75 outside maps doesn't take long anyways.

It's really not that hard.
"
Arzhulmand wrote:
Sounds like OP doesn't understand surviving power. I play hardcore and Kitava was tough, but not impossible. I think that players need to approach the game in a manner that have surviving power. Of course you are going to get one shot in an encounter that is level 65-70ish with a character that doesn't understand the concept of tanking. But eh, what do I know....I am just a hardcore player lol.

The problem with this is that some builds are insanely more squishy than others by their very nature.

Ever tried the fight on a trapper or totem build that can't leech? The AoE spam becomes a lot more serious when you have to survive on flasks alone.
First time I fought him was with a totem build (char now deleted) and it was long but not too bad.
Censored.
"
Arzhulmand wrote:
EDIT: Hardcore player here too, yeah....surviving is possible, you just don't know how to do it.

"
Arzhulmand wrote:
I'm on that club and I did it hardcore. People are just bad at the game lol.

"
Arzhulmand wrote:
I am just a hardcore player lol.

Yeah yeah you'r hardcoreeee. That's not an e-penis contest kid.
Last edited by Yesu on Sep 19, 2017, 6:59:02 PM
I like how he specifically emphasis that hes a HC player.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info