Let's say it out loud - Kitava boss fight is garbage

"
Telzen wrote:
So like how bad of players are you guys? Every single attack Kitava does is telegraphed. I picked up his moves in my first fight with him, and I'm not some gaming pro or anything. If you can take your mouse and move your character you shouldn't even be getting hit by him. The only hard part of the fight is the minions, and that's only hard if you don't have the damage to keep them in check.

Yes, they are (somewhat) telegrahped, but the problem is that there are so many of them. All sorts of different lasers, orbs shooting lasers, fires which consume 90% of the arena and whatnot.
The clusterfuck of effects makes it hard to even recognize where you should be going. While Shaper fight is HARD, it is way clearer what you have to do (and when). I still somewhat dislike the DPS-race with the vortex thingies, but it is still better than the clusterfuck that is the Kitava fight.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
It does feel kind of strange having the gatekeeper to maps tuned to the point where anyone who can get to maps is already ready to run yellow maps, but that's just me.
"
FreezardB wrote:
It does feel kind of strange having the gatekeeper to maps tuned to the point where anyone who can get to maps is already ready to run yellow maps, but that's just me.
Don't give ggg ideas, or else instead of nerfing kekava they'll raise difficulty of white maps.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
KITAVA BOSS FIGHT IS GARBAGE.

Now, I'm not much into language of flowers but bolded blue caps should mean 'say calmly with conviction', not loud. This would probably be better, loud and slightly pissed:

KITAVA BOSS FIGHT IS GARBAGE
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Bastards. It should have been red.

GGGitava - I like it. :v

I'm gonna call it that way until GGG reworks it. Maybe right after the trade rework? Dunno

I'm expecting a lot of GGGitavas in the near future. :v
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 18, 2017, 4:37:56 AM
Why should it have been red when you used ee4400 instead of ff0000?
KITAVA BOSS FIGHT IS GARBAGE
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Why should it have been red when you used ee4400 instead of ff0000?

Red is for loud and a bit of yellow is for slightly pissed.

"
Scherge wrote:
It feels like the difficulty spikes are way more extreme at some points than before.

The first time i think the difficulty spikes up without warning or proper introduction is the figth against Innocence, then Gruthkul and then that Kitava rape at the end. Nothing in the near time before AND after those fights even comes close.

I think depending on the build they might feel even more out of proportion.

The annoying thing about kitava for me is the heart phases with all those power minions. The uniques hit like trucks!

I honestly don't think there is any problem with Kitava whatsoever... It's a really fun fight that keeps you on edge and always makes me feel a bit nervous and anxious before it (the good kind, like I know I'm in it for a good fight) especially in hardcore. Sure at first you might die to the fight, but that's how bosses are meant to be... Most of the posts here seem to want a fight where you just stand still and right click the boss and wait for it to die. Anything more than that deserves some complaint in the forums (I love the one complaining that standing in Innocence's Beam of light for 5 seconds kills the player XD).

At most, the person quoted above says something right. The problem isn't that Kitava, Gruthkul or Innocence are too hard, it's just that the game presents difficulty spikes in a way that makes no sense to me... I, for one, was very disappointed at for instance, the Solaris and Lunaris fights, the trinity at the end of Act 9, and nevermind the joke of a fight against Avarius Reassembled, that might as well be a white lvl 20 skeleton.

The feeling I get when leveling is: Breeze through content for 4 acts, pay attention to Kitava act 5 and mobs at start of act 6, breeze through content to act 8, pay attention to Doedre in the sewers, breeze through game until Act 10 Kitava fight. Those are the only moments that warrant proper attention and focus. With all the rest feeling under-tuned, these fights may seem like they're too hard for some players.
At first I wanted to post that Kitava fight was not garbage but it would have been an intellectual dishonest statement, so I didn't. Then I had to laugh at the funny delightful posts of page 2. It was looking like it would be unanimous but we've now saved the thread from that strange forum state.

This thread status update brought to you by the color blue.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info