POE mtx for console prices are too much.

I am putting this on here because there is no dedicated Xbox general forum and it is kind of a suggestion.

I play on a console for one specific reason, I cannot afford a pc at the level I would want my gaming pc to be. Consoles make it simple and keep my graphical ambitions in check. Since I have to budget every game I buy... "Do I want this $60 dollar game or this $60 dollar game" or "Damn I really want that Collector's edition." Or the dreaded..."Crap my controller went out..."

So how can I justify spending $30-$50 dollars for an armor set? That is that new game I wanted or that other game I have been waiting for a sale for...

Yes, I understand I do not have to. That its all cosmetic. But I want to buy these items. I want my characters to look cool AND I want to support GGG. But I just can't do it for these prices. It all boils down to what I personally feel is a justifiable price for what I am receiving.

I have already spent over $100 dollars supporting this game, because I feel it deserves my support. Its worth it. Is it worth more than that? I guess that is up to each individual.

I could personally justify $10-$15 dollars an armor set because that is GGG's only source of revenue. $2-$3 Each individual set piece. For me that would be three or four whole sets of armors that I could then place on all my favorite builds. I would never spend that kind of money on a full priced game's mtxs, I wont usually even buy full dlc add ons for more than $15 unless its really worth it.

Bottom line: If I felt I was getting enough bang for my buck I would throw more support GGG's way. But at these prices I will not be giving more than I already have, even though I want to.
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2017, 12:36:47 PM

Dude.. its a Free to Play game.

As you said "Its all cosmetics"

If you like the game and want to support it.. Spend some money. If things are to expensive wait for it to go on sale. Prices get slashed down pretty good.

So how can you justify spending $50 for an armor set? Well, think about it as paying it forward for a game you get to play for free.

Look at a game like Diablo 3 that still charging close to a $100 for it.. And D3 is no where near as awesome as this game.
Last edited by Vooodu on Sep 16, 2017, 10:03:04 AM
Yes look out for sales, otherwise you defeated you're own arguement in your post. Too expensive yet you've already spent over $100? You don't need to support them anymore than that.
I really think skin transfers on console would go a looooong way to solving this conundrum. Plenty of sales and the cheapness of the classic effects would alleviate the blah...
Also you have to take in account that microsoft is getting a cut of the mtx to. i rember someone one and i say some one becuse i cant rember his name only that he was sued for 10mil by some stupid game company. any ways in one video i watch he talked about how pc ports to councoles were more expicive becuse of them using the platform or somthing.
"
darthzues wrote:
Also you have to take in account that microsoft is getting a cut of the mtx to. i rember someone one and i say some one becuse i cant rember his name only that he was sued for 10mil by some stupid game company. any ways in one video i watch he talked about how pc ports to councoles were more expicive becuse of them using the platform or somthing.

This. PoE is still wanting the same amount as they get on PC but they have to add in more since Microsoft wants their cut.

I understand you have a right to vent your frustration with pricing, but on the flip side as so many others have mentioned, the game is free. Enjoy the game and do what I do, if I feel a cosmetic is not worth it I simply don't buy. If enough people stop buying they will lower the price, but if enough people ARE buying then obviously they are not overpriced to most people.
Need a stash sale ASAP. I might have to shelve the game for a bit if one doesn't come soon.
Life is full of choices, mate.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Jauron wrote:
Need a stash sale ASAP. I might have to shelve the game for a bit if one doesn't come soon.

There has already been one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info