Divinity: Original Sin II

Anyone playing this yet? I hear good things but you never know these days.

Seems like a lot of fun this game, no?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/divinity-original-sin-2/divinity-original-sin-ii-undead-fane

Some reviews:

"

-Bought and installed the game
-Listened to the main menu music for an hour before realising that I have a refund timer
-Spent fifteen minutes on character creation
-Loaded in game
-Talked to first Magister chick
-Got suckered into trying to using a spell on her
-Failed miserably
-Felt embarassed so I reloaded
-Found a crime scene
-Talked guards into letting me enter the room
-Talked to Magister lady in room
-Stole the dead person's arm
-Realised I could eat arm
-Ate arm
-Got told elves had special powers for eating limbs
-Cursed silently(was playing a human)
-Started new playthrough as elf lady
-Retraced steps to crime scene
-Ate arm
-Had visions
-Too late to refund
-Oh well
-40 hours go by
-Satisfaction
10/10 would eat dead person's arm again

http://steamcommunity.com/id/teesinz/recommended/435150/

... Installing now.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 16, 2017, 5:49:34 AM
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2017, 3:20:41 AM
Damn i got in a fight with the first damn npc i encountered by trying to read the book and eventually i had no choice but to attack her and pulled all the guards and... dead in the first room.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Hahah. I merely tried to steal it and ended up in the same situation. :p
The first Divinity: Original Sin game was amazing, an absolute blast to co-op through. Only four hours in atm, and it feels like more of the good stuff, but better. Colour me excited.
I thought Divinity OS was shit. Too much text in the game. It was nothing but wall after wall of banality. To the point where I was just skipping through all the dialogue just to get to the fighting mobs parts. And then I figured out it wasn't good enough to carry the game's glaring flaws. If I wanted to read a fucking book, I'd read a book. I play games because its more interesting than reading books. I don't have the attention span for reading all the banality.

Pillars of Eternity is better. That's the real spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. The dialogue was less, and more interesting. You had more choices, like you could literally choose to be dick if you want. I think I remember breaking into someone's house, and ran across the maid, and I back handed her. It was hilarious.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 16, 2017, 7:15:47 PM
I didn't like original sin 1. Played it for like a day then was super bored, because it was just too easy to cheese everything and it was just meh to me and repeating the same tactics over and over.

Gotta say tho, the second seems far superior thus far. Really liking it. Not many games anymore that makes me lose track of time. Also much harder. I play on tactician mode i believe it was, and i'm getting stomped pretty much many times almost every single fight till i figure out a good tactic. It's evident a lot of love and time when into the careful making of this game.

This game is better than the previous, story is also better. Itemization i believe is better and a shitload more improved.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 16, 2017, 7:54:40 PM
When I played Divinity OS, I went with 2 characters for more action points per character, and made 2 mages. I was nuking everything with spells, and doing combo effects like fire + poison and blowing everything up. It was kinda face rolly. In most cases, the enemy was annihilated before getting the opportunity to attack me. Either they got wasted, or were too far away for me to target them, or likewise, and I simply waited for them to get in nuke range. 2 OP characters is way better than 4 mediocre ones. I never played long enough to test whether the game was actually challenging with a traditional RPG party like Warrior + Rogue + Healer + Mage. But, IMO a game is only as challenging as the most OP build you can make. People don't talk about imposing restrictions on themselves for legitimately challenging games.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 16, 2017, 8:31:49 PM
Judging by the hours that i've spent.. some of the longer fights must be taking me like 30min or an hour to find the right tactics for. Or something, at least the time has disappeared.

very tiny spoilers ahead(nothing story)

Next up, i really wanna kill this torturer but hes hella tough and almost oneshots my dudes plus tons of other adds. When he pk behind me and then backstab crit the shit outta my mage which then falls dead.. 5am in the morning and i'm like fuuck where can i find a nice doorway to bottleneck them, shiit they are too many too tough i need to go to sleep!

Find some nice crocodiles and i'm like finally a relaxing fight now i can just mow them down! Didn't bother consider starting formation. They start lifting stones up from the ground and throwing them at me in a massive aoe like a freaking cyclops and even one of them started teleporting too. Haha.

I've got the pet pal talent for the lulz and there are some really retarded animals every now and then, is good chuckle.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 16, 2017, 11:53:11 PM
Awesome game, Story is better than first I have some Baldur s gate vibes playing it.
MAgic system still fucking great and I love transforming people into chickens.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Divinity 2 is starting to become my favorite game on Steam now!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I thought Divinity OS was shit. Too much text in the game. It was nothing but wall after wall of banality... If I wanted to read a fucking book, I'd read a book. I play games because its more interesting than reading books. I don't have the attention span for reading all the banality.

Pillars of Eternity is better... The dialogue was less, and more interesting.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 17, 2017, 11:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info