Would have prefered no patch at all over breaking the trade board

Couldn't you have waited instead of making the game worse?
Standard Forever
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2017, 2:17:59 PM
Why, it's borderline useless already. I don't mean that to be a dick - they can't like how limited it is either.
"
MagnumPCI wrote:
Why, it's borderline useless already. I don't mean that to be a dick - they can't like how limited it is either.

Not having it at all is useless. What we had before they messed it up largely worked.

It needs improvement but that isn't what we are talking about.
Standard Forever
I love how you just completely discount the massive number of fixes that they released in the new update. Trading isn't required to play this game. Stop complaining and be patient, especially since you give no praise to a company that lets you play a game for free. SMH
"
CopetheXVIth wrote:
I love how you just completely discount the massive number of fixes that they released in the new update. Trading isn't required to play this game. Stop complaining and be patient, especially since you give no praise to a company that lets you play a game for free. SMH

I had a trade lined up before I went to work, that I was looking forward to for the weekend. Correct, it is not that big of a deal, but this is how I had planned on enjoying my weekend. I'm still enjoying myself, just not as much.

GGG messed up, and that does warrant criticism. Providing that criticism does not preclude appreciation for the rest of their hard work.

Your straw man is on fire.

P.s., Hi stryker! <3
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CopetheXVIth wrote:

Good for you that you know how to read. I absolutely am discounting everything they fixed because none of it is as important to me as being able to trade. All of that could have waited until they could do it without breaking what they already had working. Trading isn't required but it is a major feature that people expect especially since it was already working. How about don't tell other people what to do? I play the game because it's the best of it's genre, as you can see I am a closed beta supporter. You are discounting my points with a stawman argument of "The game is free so don't complain". The game being free has nothing to do with my thread.
Standard Forever
"
CanHasPants wrote:
"
CopetheXVIth wrote:

I had a trade lined up before I went to work, that I was looking forward to for the weekend. Correct, it is not that big of a deal, but this is how I had planned on enjoying my weekend. I'm still enjoying myself, just not as much.

GGG messed up, and that does warrant criticism. Providing that criticism does not preclude appreciation for the rest of their hard work.

Your straw man is on fire.

P.s., Hi stryker! <3

Hey buddy it's been forever!!!! You are playing on xbox?? Send me your gamertag it would be great to meet up!
Standard Forever
I can see both sides. To those of you hating on the op. The AH is not perfect and straight up pain in the butt . At the same time, I spend about half gametime playing it because it's an awesome source of currency. Turning it off without an update is removing a chunk of the time I spend in Poe. I personally would rather have no patch than no trademarket.
I can read? Good one, and I didn't discount your argument, I said be patient. Clearly you can't read. They'll come out with a fix soon. I've been playing this game since it was in beta on PC, and I've learned that GGG is one of the most dedicated and responsive game devs around. What does you being a closed beta supporter have to do with anything, most of us have spent money on this game. Just try to enjoy the game until they release a fix.
I created an account to make a post about exactly this. The fact the thread already exists has to say something.

If you leave the trade functionality down at this time in your Xbox release you will lose a large portion off your active player base forever. I've seen this happen with many games where the core functionality is stripped for an extended time. What happens is people still play because they like the game, but the game isn't nearly as fun playing this way and eventually they stop playing because it just isn't fun anymore. When this happens their memories of the game will now be negative and when thinking of playing again they will remember how it just wasn't very fun.

I personally think if the options are to wait until Monday to start working the problem or do a full rollback to yesterday, the rollback would lose less users. It feels bad to lose a day of effort, but playing this game without a trade board after getting used to having it and looking forward to improvements is much worse. I do see the developers active on the forums and I am very appreciative of that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info