[3.2] 100% Fire Pen Blast Rain Deadeye - Rains of Blastamere - Updated League Gear Options

I'm not usually a bow guy but the idea of Rain of arrows potentially for clear and Blast rain for bosses makes me tight in the pants for an alt next league. Like the build. I hope you enjoy the incoming buffs.
"
RainsPoE wrote:
Far shot negates part of the downside of point blank.

PB reduces the damage dealt from a distance and gives more multiplier at close range.

Far shot gives 30% more damage at distance but does not give a less or more multiplier damage at close range.

Distance Shooting:
you'd have the 30% more from FS and -50% from Point Blank = 20% Less damage.

If you do not use FS and just point blank you'd deal 50% less damage.

Close range:
Far shot does not negate anything at close range so your still getting the 50% more multiplier.

The synergy between the two helps with clearing from a distance or when kiting hard hitting bosses.

Yeah, I've know that. It's a basic skill/talent description.
But how it works with RoA/BR? When projectile not travels from point to point but just appears from somewhere and hits? What about a delay between firing and hitting? Will PB provide boost if I moving towards the target after I shoot BR on it? Will PB+FS combo give me any advantage if I'm using Mirage Archer (it lands hits really far)?
This is my question.
Hey,

found this thread because i also like the idea of using Blast Rain / Burning Arrow for Single Target and
Rain of Arrows for clearing. I think as a Ranger Deadeye would be the best choice?

What do you think of starting as an Elementalist Witch for the lots of Penetration and the 20% more dmg from the new Beacon of Ruin. For sure the Witch wouldn´t be as fast as a Ranger, but the Bow Nodes would still be reachable :)

"

Yeah, I've know that. It's a basic skill/talent description.
But how it works with RoA/BR? When projectile not travels from point to point but just appears from somewhere and hits? What about a delay between firing and hitting? Will PB provide boost if I moving towards the target after I shoot BR on it? Will PB+FS combo give me any advantage if I'm using Mirage Archer (it lands hits really far)?
This is my question

Not sure with the changes on RoA I would assume it would use the central location and deal less damage towards the outer areas of the arrows?

PB/FS will calculate from where you fired. So firing then rushing in will not effect it since its calculated from the time you engaged the skill.

I've never messed with mirage archer so I'm not 100% how the damage is calculated as far as the PB bonus I would think since the minion gets your character buffs (frenzys, pen etc) if you are close to the enemy the minion will have the bonus. If theres no info on the wiki try checking out some of the mirage arrow builds and see if they grab PB etc. Hopefully this little info helps and post results if you go the mirage route!
"
Hey,

found this thread because i also like the idea of using Blast Rain / Burning Arrow for Single Target and
Rain of Arrows for clearing. I think as a Ranger Deadeye would be the best choice?

What do you think of starting as an Elementalist Witch for the lots of Penetration and the 20% more dmg from the new Beacon of Ruin. For sure the Witch wouldn´t be as fast as a Ranger, but the Bow Nodes would still be reachable :)

I used Burning Arrow on my deadeye for a while (you can basically swap Light Arrow, Ice Shot, Split Arrow and BA out at will) and I was still clearing packs easily so it's totally doable. If you enjoy that skill I'd go that route, I wasnt a big fan because ice shot with chain was just too damn satisfying to play lol.

I've played an elementalist and the only real struggle was getting enough strength for kaoms, if you choose to go farruls or belly it's much more manageable. I haven't been able to play an ES bow char since the nerfs because it's so hard to get over 6k es and not sacrifice all your damage modes on the tree.. I would reccomend a Life char but you'll need some good gear to reach 5.5-6k.. you could mathil it at 4.5k life and hope to out dps everything before you get hit. Clear is a little worse and the single targer suffers but if you wanna take on the extra challenge I think that's where the real fun in this game lies.

Now... that being said with the Ignite changes in 3.3 I'm going to run an elementalist BR to start the league. You'll wanna remove ele focus to take advantage of the extra pen with ignites. I think its gonna be pretty damn spicy with the free prolif and being able to use herald of ash it should easily one shot packs using BR.
Hello,
thinkink of trying this build for the new league. Could you please describe a litle bit more elementalist version? Thank you.
would this work as a leaque starter?
This build will work as a league starter if you use the Chin Sol bow (they are cheap). Keep in mind that your not going to be face tanking shaper on budget gear but you can easily get up to T15s comfortably on a 5 Link but you can farm up the currency you need. If you've never started a league with a bow char it can be a little slow moving at times but unless your pushing for first to maps first to shaper this char will do just fine.

"
Hello,
thinkink of trying this build for the new league. Could you please describe a litle bit more elementalist version? Thank you.

My plan for now is to go Beacon of Ruin for the Ele Prolif, and Mastermind of Discord for the Ele Penetration.

Standard Crit tree. Gonna try to get a shaped amulet with 20% phys as extra lightning to guarantee the 20% inc damage taken by shocked enemies from Beacon of Ruin.

Basic plan is stack get some AOE, Have the Ele Prolif spread ignites from BR (with ignite reworks hopefully this isn't trash), HoA for cleanup.

(If the prolif isn't worth it I will probably go for Paragon of Calamity and stack flat fire damage everywhere i can and use a Chin Sol). I'll post updates as the character goes along and make adjustments for the new league.) If you have any specific question feel free to pm.

Great Build done Shaper without investing 50ex into a 450 deeps Bow. Added a Legacy Reach for clear with Lightning Arrow. Cannot wait anymore to get the new Blast Rain with 100% Fire Penetration and melt Shaper and Elder down.

And im sure this Quiver will greatly increase my dps after 3.3
BR BUFFS! Rains, you're the man and i think i'm gonna try this build in new league! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info