Pewdiepie using the N word during a stream

Seriously I do not understand why people got so upset.

Words are neutral it's the intention that count. People are so sensitive today.

what are your thoughts on that people. Do you think people are overreacting? or the outrage is justified.
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 11:51:39 AM
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence (only from governmental punishment). Individuals getting upset about what he said is fair game. It upsets me to hear the word, regardless of the ethnicity of the one who says it.

The misuse of DMCA versus Kjellberg, however, has the potential to set a dangerous and Orwellian precedent. I hope Felix sues them and I hope he wins.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 15, 2017, 12:59:23 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:

what are your thoughts on that people. Do you think people are overreacting? or the outrage is justified.

Whomever who gets upset about some words without direct impact on them is brain washed with low self esteem, trying to be pure like WC from Pablo Escobar.
Last edited by Rexeos on Sep 15, 2017, 12:51:36 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. Individuals getting upset about what he said is fair game. It upsets me to hear the word, regardless of the ethnicity of the one who says it.

The misuse of DMCA versus Kjellberg, however, has the potential to set a dangerous and Orwellian precedent. I hope Felix sues them and I hope he wins.

I do think it does not help much for the firewatch dev team to make more money from future customers when their product is getting slammed hard with negative reviews. They may try to have higher moral standpoint over Kjellberg, but in the end, money talks. Sean Vanaman should be proud he may have potentially ruined anything Campo Santo co. does in the future with what he/they pulled to achieve something.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 15, 2017, 1:04:40 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:

It's about context and as you say, intention. If you're a West Coast rapper and you walk up to your friend and hey "Hey mah [Removed by Support]" then clearly there are no bad intentions and it's unlikely anyone will be offended by it.

If you pay someone to hold up a sign [Removed by Support] and repeatedly display Nazi imagery in your videos and then use the word [Removed by Support] as an insult against someone you're playing a computer game with, then people are far more likely to get upset by it.

I'm not one for PC snowflake culture, but he deserves every bit of outrage he's getting over this. Your post makes it seem like you think this was isolated and there's nothing to suggest that he meant it in a racist way, which simply isn't the case.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 15, 2017, 6:21:11 PM
Got bigger problems than words of a stranger on internet/video offending me, regardless of context.

What I noticed, when you eliminate basic problems, like survival, human culture (de)volves and finds new problems on social scale to replace those basic problems. But if ignorance is what fuels those irrelevant struggles in the greater picture, well let them be, and even sue/kill/fight each other out.

About him, didn't watch any of his videos yet, can't make myself do it.
Spreading salt since 2006
This is such a yT thread.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

It's about context and as you say, intention. If you're a West Coast rapper and you walk up to your friend and hey "Hey mah [Removed by Support]" then clearly there are no bad intentions and it's unlikely anyone will be offended by it.

If you pay someone to hold up a sign [Removed by Support] and repeatedly display Nazi imagery in your videos and then use the word [Removed by Support] as an insult against someone you're playing a computer game with, then people are far more likely to get upset by it.

I'm not one for PC snowflake culture, but he deserves every bit of outrage he's getting over this. Your post makes it seem like you think this was isolated and there's nothing to suggest that he meant it in a racist way, which simply isn't the case.

again that old Nazi thing about him? xD seriously people get offended so easily these day. We live in a world where the emotions and feelings of super sensitive people are more important than facts and reality.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 15, 2017, 6:32:31 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
again that old Nazi thing about him? xD
seriously people get offended so easily these day. We live in a world where the emotions and feelings of super sensitive people are more important than facts and reality.

A combination of Nazi imagery, [Removed by Support], and using the n word. Being offended by that isn't being super sensitive. I offend people all the time but I don't need or want to use Nazis to do it and I would expect to be widely condemned for it if I did.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 15, 2017, 6:17:20 PM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
again that old Nazi thing about him? xD
seriously people get offended so easily these day. We live in a world where the emotions and feelings of super sensitive people are more important than facts and reality.

A combination of Nazi imagery, [Removed by Support], and using the n word. Being offended by that isn't being super sensitive. I offend people all the time but I don't need or want to use Nazis to do it and I would expect to be widely condemned for it if I did.

yes it's being over sensitive especially when you watch it in context realizing it's only a satire. You only have to be extremely sensitive and big into SJW or PC culture to be offended by that. At least watch the video and check the context.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 15, 2017, 6:28:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info