Exhausting crashes

Hi guys,

The team is working hard to fix this issue, a fix will be deployed as soon as it's ready.
Hi everyone,

I hope to have a status update tomorrow regarding this issue.

In the meantime some users have reported that using the Xbox Home Button during an area transition has allowed them to load into areas they were having trouble with. Please try this if you are experiencing frequent disconnections.
Hi everyone,

Earlier this week we deployed a server change that should have drastically improved the disconnection issue when changing or loading areas. It appears to have helped a lot of users who were experiencing this issue, we are still monitoring this to see where other improvements can be made.

We are hard at work on a patch that catches the Xbox version up to the current PC patch. This update includes a variety of crash fixes, skill issue fixes, achievement bug fixes and much more. Xbox specific changes include a variety of recent bug report fixes, using currency from premium tabs, trade market notifications when you receive an offer, corpse targeting changes that allow you to select specific minions and more.

Thank you all for your reports and support.
Hi ManningJ,

Does your build use a movement skill that you spam?

Hi guys,

I have a few questions about these issues:

a) Check out the video posted by Manningj (https://youtu.be/CHedOVJPXvs). It shows a specific type of freeze where the effects are animating but the game world is not, followed by a speedup afterwards. This occurs if the client is starved of data from the socket. In order to prevent desync, the client world simulation doesn't update until there's data available. Once the data does arrive, the simulation then catches up. While it's possible for this issue to be caused by anything between our servers and your console, our logging indicates that heartbeat packets from the client are quite late, so we believe that there is an issue with the player's internet connection in this case. If you encounter this issue, can you please try using a wired connection instead of wifi, and to try getting a WinMTR log for us (it's okay to run it against the PC servers, as they're in the same place). We intend to add an icon in the client indicating that there is a networking issue, to make the cause of this problem clearer to players.

b) For people in this thread who refer to crashes, can you please be very specific about exactly what happens. Do you mean that the game actually crashed (booting you out of Path of Exile entirely), or that you were disconnected from the server? If you are booted out, can we get a timestamp, timezone and gamertag to go with it so we can check whether it was a latency timeout, serverside crash or some other type of incident?

c) Have the improvements over the last week helped the occurrence rate of the problems in this thread?

Thanks very much for your support, patience and feedback!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Manningj - you're definitely getting a client crash due to something your character is doing (like a skill combination or whatever). What's the character name so we can check it out?

Bellaria - you need to investigate your internet connection. The log is full of "slow reply from player" warnings for your account. Something is making the data really slow to arrive for you. This causes our server to disconnect you because it thinks you've timed out.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Manningj wrote:
Chris

The character same is SoR. The only Templar character.

Something telling me that it's a fast cast of 3 totems. That's my guess. I could be way off.

Hi ManningJ,

I'm investigating your character to see if I can reproduce any crashes internally. Do you find that this crash occurs quickly after you've logged in, or does the time for it to occur vary?
"
Malazan7 wrote:
Hi, thanks for reply. When I say crash I mean disconnected back to login screen/character select.
Gamer tag is DLStChad II and character name is Grinheld, I'm a Ranger using the Tornado Shot build so I generally will use only 1 skill, but surely this game is designed for all types of builds and skill uses?
I crashed around 0900 GMT.
On a big plus side though I've only crashed once this morning and I finally beat last boss 🤣

Hi! This disconnection was due to receiving no data from your console from some time. Very likely an internet issue. Are you using Wifi? Sometimes it can be spotty and drop out for long enough to cause this.
"
Hi I just started playing the game and loving it, I'm into act 5 and have now run into this issue whenever I try to go into the zone cathedral rooftop my game crashes and sends me back to dashboard, I really like the game but I can't progress now please help, my gamer tag is Merciles Hunter thanks

Hello,

We checked the logs and couldn't find any instances of this occurring for your account. Would you be able to try this again and provide me a time stamp of when it occurs for you?

Also, are you using a WIFI connection, or hardwired?
"
Manningj wrote:
Any news on this particular crash?

Still looking into your character, ManningJ. We haven't been able to reproduce any crashes yet. If you're able to capture a video after you crash that may be helpful for us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info