wont work (SOS!)

I downloaded the game, and then clicked "Launch". The game tab opened, but the screen stayed black, then a little thing came up that said that there were some things that weren't released (D3D). Then another thing came up after that said that it had failed to reset Direct3D device objects. And then another came up that said that the DXUTCreateDevice failed. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Life sucks until you find a stress reducing plan (punching someone's face works).
"
I downloaded the game, and then clicked "Launch". The game tab opened, but the screen stayed black, then a little thing came up that said that there were some things that weren't released (D3D). Then another thing came up after that said that it had failed to reset Direct3D device objects. And then another came up that said that the DXUTCreateDevice failed. WHAT DO I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Can you post some system information so we know what to work with?

What OS/Hardware/etc are you using?
Can you post your PC specs, specifically your graphics card.
RIP Bolto
It's an Acer Notebook, Windows XP, Acer System
Life sucks until you find a stress reducing plan (punching someone's face works).
"
It's an Acer Notebook, Windows XP, Acer System

Do you have a model or something we can work with to reference what hardware is inside it?
What do you mean? I'm not to good with computers.
"
What do you mean? I'm not to good with computers.

Look on the bottom of the laptop. Does it have a Model Number on it? If so, what is that Model?
How old is the laptop? These errors usually occur with older graphics cards which are not shader model 3.0 compatible.
RIP Bolto
Aspire One D250-1652

Pretty sure that's it
Yup that is a very old laptop. It would struggle to run the game with 1gb of RAM.

The reason you are getting the error is because your graphics card does not support shader model 3.0. This is one of the minimum requirements.

If you want to continue playing recent games perhaps an upgrade is in order.
RIP Bolto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info