[3.1] Frostbreath Molten Strike / Sunder. Does Everything.

Hi,

Can this build work without vaal pact? I want to be farming uber lab in the start of Abyss league.

Thanks.
"
AisuTrinity wrote:
Hi,

Can this build work without vaal pact? I want to be farming uber lab in the start of Abyss league.

Thanks.

Hello !

I'm not entirely sure, the new Vaal Pact is def required, and the tree needs to be adjusted to acquire better leech nodes, then I can give a better answer if it would hold up against endgame content after the nerf to Vaal Pact.

I will be looking into this soon ! :)
"
Tankajin wrote:
"
AisuTrinity wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Hello !

I'm not entirely sure, the new Vaal Pact is def required, and the tree needs to be adjusted to acquire better leech nodes, then I can give a better answer if it would hold up against endgame content after the nerf to Vaal Pact.

I will be looking into this soon ! :)

Looking forward to what you come up with! I'm currently leveling something similar to this while trying out ancestral call having a blast with the pit of molten :D
Updated the build with the 3.1 changes, it's def a blow to the defenses of the build. Even after that, it's still a very strong build that can do all the endgame content with a few further adjustments.

I would not recommend as a starting build for 3.1 as Lycosidae had a rarity change, and the prices are obscenely high (4 exalts as I'm writing this).
Hey mate, thanks for guide.
Going for BLS version in late game, but this one looks interesting too and very good at leveling 50+.

Some points to tree
at base this stats with 114/123 from pastebin in 1st page

i changed ur tree a little and have this stats, seems better

14 cold res is not a problem ofc

the tree is http://poeurl.com/bGCn

p.s. with Ancestral Call you could rly forget about 2nd skill (sunder etc)
Last edited by Summ3r on Dec 17, 2017, 10:23:08 AM
"
Summ3r wrote:

Hi !

Yes, the damage number is a bit higher, but there's 2 things to consider here.

1. I forgot to enable the Point Blank keystone in the pastebin (thanks, I was wondering why it was only 150k per ball). In actuality, against normal mobs, I'm at ~240k (missing a jewel too). Against Shaper it's around 128k per ball, so yeah the damage drop is def there because we have to cut out a lot of the shadow area which has great damage nodes, in order to gain the leech needed to survive.

2. No Acrobatics, sure you can remove a defense layer and get more damage, but I wouldn't advise it, I would go the opposite route so that leveling is comfortable.

Also, I like the idea of using Ancestral Call and Molten Strike, one small issue is the delay before the first few balls hit the ground, in higher tier maps not having the life leech ticking a second earlier could mean the difference between alive and dead, and Sunder just has way more range than Molten. That was the idea behind using those two skills.
"
Tankajin wrote:
"
Summ3r wrote:

Hi !

Yes, the damage number is a bit higher, but there's 2 things to consider here.

1. I forgot to enable the Point Blank keystone in the pastebin (thanks, I was wondering why it was only 150k per ball). In actuality, against normal mobs, I'm at ~240k (missing a jewel too). Against Shaper it's around 128k per ball, so yeah the damage drop is def there because we have to cut out a lot of the shadow area which has great damage nodes, in order to gain the leech needed to survive.

2. No Acrobatics, sure you can remove a defense layer and get more damage, but I wouldn't advise it, I would go the opposite route so that leveling is comfortable.

Also, I like the idea of using Ancestral Call and Molten Strike, one small issue is the delay before the first few balls hit the ground, in higher tier maps not having the life leech ticking a second earlier could mean the difference between alive and dead, and Sunder just has way more range than Molten. That was the idea behind using those two skills.

1. Ye, i see. Anyway, nods like "Catalyse" for two point just too powerfull to not be taken. And "Cruel prep" for 6 points rarely worth it. Also "Iron Grip" with life nods aroud looks pretty for this build too.

2. Its trick thing. You get 30% dodge, but lose 15% phys red and 10% block and 2 points. Im running Uber Izaro/Atz mostly as late content, where, in my opinion, block+phys red is more viable than dodge

Ye, it could be a prob sometimes, but for real i charged mobs with all flasks up and its okay :)
Even uber trio couldnt kill me with all flask up b4 damage start last season.
Anyway, its not mandatory, i just dont like sunder :)
Been through this build twice now, can honestly say its fun and easy. One question though..When you say that point blank supports 50% more damage for us, I didn't see where it was put into the build. Could you clarify?
"
Slenderthot wrote:
Been through this build twice now, can honestly say its fun and easy. One question though..When you say that point blank supports 50% more damage for us, I didn't see where it was put into the build. Could you clarify?

It's the Point Blank Keystone near the bottom of the tree, adding the Point Blank effect to all attack projectiles. Since the build goes out of it's way to get very little area increases, and uses conc effect all the time, this means that a lot of the magma balls get the increase. This Keystone does nothing for the sunder clear, it's only to further amplify the single target damage.

Hope this clears it up !
Hello, new poe addict here
Your build is the first one i'm trying ingame - definitely fun and safe so far
I am wondering though why is Lycosidae is crucial to this build and what would be the cheaper alternative?
Many thanks in advance,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info