The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

"
Docbp87 wrote:
It is always awesome when people just ignore the stated reasons that GGG have not implemented a click to buy/AH/Whatever, and instead rant about their tin foil theories... I promise, it isn't nearly as devious or sinister as some of you want it to be. Bald Uncle Chris has said over and over what the issue is with a system like that. Not to mention the fact that this topic has been beaten to death... for literal years now.

All Chris gave us are excuses, with no real explanation and nothing to back up his claims. Just like the rest of the AH opposer crowd.

If GGG truly believed into what they were saying then they would have made it impossible for poe.trade to work long ago. Not only did they not do that but they also connected it to the game via public stash tabs. Actions speak much louder than words.

My guess is that they just don't want to put in the resources into creating and maintaining an in-game AH. Half-assed solutions is their forte.
"
Lachdanan wrote:
The real reason ?

As an unique-designer, all i do is appreciate the effort to find my item, not to buy it.
Needless to mention that you cant have both, AH and mine don´t work together.

They work perfectly well together. If you want to use your own gear then don't trade or go play SSF. Stop trying to force everyone else to play the way that you want to play. Also, what kind of argument is that when we already have poe.trade.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
It is always awesome when people just ignore the stated reasons that GGG have not implemented a click to buy/AH/Whatever, and instead rant about their tin foil theories... I promise, it isn't nearly as devious or sinister as some of you want it to be. Bald Uncle Chris has said over and over what the issue is with a system like that. Not to mention the fact that this topic has been beaten to death... for literal years now.

All Chris gave us are excuses, with no real explanation and nothing to back up his claims. Just like the rest of the AH opposer crowd.

How is "Item progression is already faster than we want it to be. An auction house that eliminates the hassle of trade will make more people participate in trade, and speed up item acquisition and progression even faster than it is now" an excuse with no explanation? That is literally the explanation for why a hassle-free click to buy AH is not something they want to implement...

If they killed poe.trade outright (like you suggest they should have/would have done), then the game would die outright, because no one is going to be willing to go with an even less convenient system. It is a matter of balancing the long term effect of "too easy to get everything" with "too inconvenient to get anything". I'm sure you will say that this is all "meaningless excuses" or whatever, but that doesn't make it so...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
There is a pretty massive difference between automated buyouts/instant-click-and-get-it AH, and the process that trading currently requires, which is why GGG is okay with it. If PoE.trade and a click-buy-AH were "basically the same thing" then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Massive positive differences for sure. That's why we want AH. It's going to make trading a more enjoyable experience.

When it comes to the negative stuff, i don't buy it. I'm yet to see anyone explain how exactly it will make the game so much worse. All i see are silly statement like "it's going to devalue everything to 1c". Which is never going to happen and there is absolutely no reason to believe that.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
There is a pretty massive difference between automated buyouts/instant-click-and-get-it AH, and the process that trading currently requires, which is why GGG is okay with it. If PoE.trade and a click-buy-AH were "basically the same thing" then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Massive positive differences for sure. That's why we want AH. It's going to make trading a more enjoyable experience.

When it comes to the negative stuff, i don't buy it. I'm yet to see anyone explain how exactly it will make the game so much worse. All i see are silly statement like "it's going to devalue everything to 1c". Which is never going to happen and there is absolutely no reason to believe that.

And I'm not buying the massive positive differences. And I'm glad GGG feels the same. But hey they are only the creators of this game, what could they know.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
How is "Item progression is already faster than we want it to be. An auction house that eliminates the hassle of trade will make more people participate in trade, and speed up item acquisition and progression even faster than it is now" an excuse with no explanation? That is literally the explanation for why a hassle-free click to buy AH is not something they want to implement...

If they killed poe.trade outright (like you suggest they should have/would have done), then the game would die outright, because no one is going to be willing to go with an even less convenient system. It is a matter of balancing the long term effect of "too easy to get everything" with "too inconvenient to get anything". I'm sure you will say that this is all "meaningless excuses" or whatever, but that doesn't make it so...

Yes, it will make progression easier, i don't think that anyone is really denying it. But by how much, when you compare it to poe.trade? That's what they don't tell you. I very seriously doubt that it'll make as much of the difference as they speculate, because there is no data to back it up. I think that the "it's going to be too easy to gear" argument went out the window when poe.trade came into existence and GGG connected it to the game via public stash tabs. Unless GGG writes a good explanation with something to back up what they say, i'm going to keep seeing what they say on the subject of AH as excuses.

Poe.trade made progression easier and yet the game is still fun to play and nothing bad really happened. Economy is doing just fine and the population keeps growing. What makes people believe that an even more convenient system will have serious negative effects? That's what i don't understand. There is nothing that backs up those arguments.
I'd like to also add that the jump from forum trade to poe.trade was GIANT, and yet nothing bad really happened. The effect was actually very positive. So positive that there would be an outrage if poe.trade is removed. The difference between poe.trade and AH seems much smaller and yet people still think that it's going to destroy the game somehow.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Sooo... with even more convenient system the game could thrive? As the more people would actually play and stick with the game instead of ditching it after two hours or so, when they learn about how tedious the current system is?

I have not traded even once, it just looks to bothersome and more importantly I want to play the game not browse some f** web page with listed items, that is just not my kind of fun. Either scrap trading altogether or make normally accessible.

tinfoil hat on: Maybe the ones who oppose better trading system are somehow tied and possibly being paid by poe.trade. With some kind of AH or automated ingame system this site looses its relevance xD
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
Lachdanan wrote:
The real reason ?

As an unique-designer, all i do is appreciate the effort to find my item, not to buy it.
Needless to mention that you cant have both, AH and mine don´t work together.

They work perfectly well together. If you want to use your own gear then don't trade or go play SSF. Stop trying to force everyone else to play the way that you want to play. Also, what kind of argument is that when we already have poe.trade.

I´m perfectly fine with offering you one Scroll of Wisdom for every item you don´t want, let´s work together on this one, i´m a broker like that. Alternatively GGG can do the labor and switch out Life with Energyshield on every piece of gear depending on the current meta to stabilize the market.
Stop trying to force everyone into a global market with millions of participants, there´s those of us who prefer to trade with a handfull of close friends instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
Stop trying to force everyone into a global market with millions of participants, there´s those of us who prefer to trade with a handfull of close friends instead.

The market is already global. I just want it integrated into the game in a form of an AH.

No one is forcing you to use it. If you don't want to trade or only want to trade with close friends, then do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info