The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

NO to RMAH
YES to AH

especially that it would not change anything as now days 99% of gear people use bought from poe.trade.
Same as in D3, where 99% of gear was bought. Here we just have a imcomplete model, cause GGG is scared of implementing a good convenient in-house system.

as OP said:
Just add "trading Tabs" as MTX, and say this fuction could not be added to premium tabs due to "reasons". People will buy it, GGG you will make shit loads of money again, its a win-win solution.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
... works automaicly so I don't have to lose a portal when I'm doing shaper because someone wants to buy atziri boots from me. How do you people not grasp this concept.

We dont know how you do not grasp the immense disadvantages of automation (AH) for anyone else who is not into cheating.

Took me 45 minutes to buy using 6400 chaos. Endless intertrading with high value items because trading window can't handle more than 600 chaos. Wrap your head around that

but you know what, like I said, the reason is, the same as why Microsoft isn't selling replicator and hologram technology. They actually don't have the skill and knowledge to do it. They would of implemented AH long time ago if they knew how. Lots of new arpg coming out, better graphics, larger content, competition is around the corner, it's gonna be a tight squeeze to keep up without core feature that 10 million player games usually have.
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
WickedSausage wrote:
Diablo 3 proved AH didn't work. Even if we dont count RMAH. It was just way too conveniant to use it. You where always better of getting loot from there.

Alot of items have dropped in value in PoE because more people trade now then a few years ago. The more people put stuff out there, the more things lose value.
Automatic trading functions like AH makes it even easier for a few people to control the market. Or AH bots buying shit.

Be careful what you wish for.

Jesus the usual no brains are at it again.

1. It's not because Blizzard fked it up that other businesses will literally take the same approach and also fk it up.
2. Too convenient? That's what we're ALL doign right here, right now (can already see the hordes of angry SSF coming). Loot is 99.98% of pure shit. We already have some kind of auction house, it's just getting less usable each leagues that passes.
3. Things already had no value, poe.trade is just hiding it by allowing us to see only 99 items as well as having to sift through the many AKF / "not gonna reply" people.
4. Few people and bots already control the market, get your facts straight mate.

After I am not advocating for a pure AH but we should be able to trade fast and easily, instead of facing that miasma of pure shit.

Exactly, maybe, at the very least, make a currency only auction house, i want to see people control the market that way. won't be so ez, exalted flippers will GET REKT.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Wat. The ability for me to buy points, and then trade them to another player in exchange for exalts is literally the exact reason that this isn't allowed. It is nothing less than paying real money for an in game advantage... It will never happen though, fortunately. You are literally trying to justify RMT... Whether it is "officially sanctioned" or not doesn't change the fact that it would still be IRL money for in game advantage...

To be fair, the very nature of the game's ridiculously convoluted trade system highly encourages RMTing.
"
Rinzlow wrote:
How do you people not grasp this concept.

We understand it perfectly well. There are certianly upsides to an AH, no one is denying that.
You on the other hand seem to be unable to grasp that there are also downsides.

You will never be able to convince anyone from such an ignorant position. Instead listen and accept what people are saying and make your argument why the upsides outweigh the downsides.
The "those who are against an AH are trolls" approach is not working out so great.
"
Sickness wrote:

You on the other hand seem to be unable to grasp that there are also downsides.

You will never be able to convince anyone from such an ignorant position. Instead listen and accept what people are saying and make your argument why the upsides outweigh the downsides.
The "those who are against an AH are trolls" approach is not working out so great.

Except the only downsides ever given are things that already exist with the current "system."

Bad things that already exist in great abundance...

Making it sound like an in-game trading system would introduce new problems... does make one look like a troll.
"
SudianX wrote:
Except the only downsides ever given are things that already exist with the current "system."

Making it sound like an in-game trading system would introduce new problems... does make one look like a troll

Yeah and an AH would just make it even worse. How can it be trolling to be against that?

That PoE trade has already made the problems apparent is proof for our argument.
Last edited by Sickness on Sep 23, 2017, 3:57:20 PM
"
Sickness wrote:
"
SudianX wrote:

Making it sound like an in-game trading system would introduce new problems... does make one look like a troll

Yeah and an AH would just make it even worse. How can it be trolling to be against that?

That PoE trade has already made the problems apparent is proof for our argument.

Haha that is a good one. You should consider making your own stand up routine with this.

Price fixing: you put item in ah set price and you can either sell for that price or remove from AH. No more dnd afk or non responding people every time you want to buy some alluringly cheap item.
the number of people defending ggg's actions to death is too damn high

"Hi, I would like to buy xxx listed for 1 chaos in Harbinger.
t4t"

dat player interaction yo
I just did 127 whispers and not a single trade, you cannot at this time buy portal gem from another player. I will give you 20 exalts if you can buy a portal gem from someone in less than 10 minutes. It is absurd, many games are coming out, copying POE, their entire platform cannot be a protected entity by law, so you could literally produce a clone called Exiled Path and add auction house and just watch the POE season player base melt away to another game. And I'm telling you this will eventually happen, you have no idea how Auction House is important in a currency based game, let me say it again, Auction House in Currency Based Game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info