The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

-the reason these topics get heavy heated discussion is obviously because the need of this feature is above 95% of players, it is perhaps more needed than the next season.
-the trading in this game is absolute horror, one of the worst, including insane possibility of scams.
-I had new experience today, 73 wispers total, new record, for items, witch were unanswered, half of the players afk, I can invite them in party (not on ignore) and they just sit there.
-The first 16 listings on exalts are all afk accounts. Literally the worst trading ever. There is no point in playing a game that is online unless you coop or trade. You guys can argue your ridiculous opinions, ---
"
+++there is no way this game is going to grow in quality and numbers without a trading platform, period, all further discussion on this is completely subject to personal tastes+++

Let me put this clear:
I have 21 stashes, 5 dump stashes when i play maps I vendor everything below 10c value I would literally purchase 10 more stashes just so AH as much stuff as I can.
My crafted maps including crafting atlas and mods is never below 20 chaos, it's not worth my time to exit for 10c trade, think about it.
Last edited by Rinzlow on Sep 20, 2017, 12:07:16 AM
"
Rinzlow wrote:
-the reason these topics get heavy heated discussion is obviously because the need of this feature is above 95% of players, it is perhaps more needed than the next season.
-the trading in this game is absolute horror, one of the worst, including insane possibility of scams.
-I had new experience today, 73 wispers total, new record, for items, witch were unanswered, half of the players afk, I can invite them in party (not on ignore) and they just sit there.
-The first 16 listings on exalts are all afk accounts. Literally the worst trading ever. There is no point in playing a game that is online unless you coop or trade. You guys can argue your ridiculous opinions, ---
"
+++there is no way this game is going to grow in quality and numbers without a trading platform, period, all further discussion on this is completely subject to personal tastes+++

Let me put this clear:
I have 21 stashes, 5 dump stashes when i play maps I vendor everything below 10c value I would literally purchase 10 more stashes just so AH as much stuff as I can.
My crafted maps including crafting atlas and mods is never below 20 chaos, it's not worth my time to exit for 10c trade, think about it.

This. This is exactly the reason I quit PoE 3 years ago although I absolutely love the game otherwise. Because I like it so much, I return every now and then to the forum when I hear of New updates, just to be dissapointed.
"Good luck on your naps Exile"
"
Rinzlow wrote:
"

Let me put this clear:

The game is growing since its beginning. And the growth wont stop. I know where you coming from, the auction house wont come dont even try. Chris said it, there will never be an automated auction house because the drawbacks far outweight the benefits. There is nothing more to discuss.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:
"

Let me put this clear:

The game is growing since its beginning. And the growth wont stop. I know where you coming from, the auction house wont come dont even try. Chris said it, there will never be an automated auction house because the drawbacks far outweight the benefits. There is nothing more to discuss.

the game is going to hit a ceiling at 30 000 players and it's won't move beyond, maybe 5-6 players per year and that's it, you have to understand, this game is hitting it's 4th year, Wow in 4 years went from 0 players to 11 500 000 players. It's an online coop currency based game, meaning, trading is over 30% of the game core. You are 1 guy, 99% of players really want it. Not to mention, the game base would triple in a week, they would hit 1 million players in 3 months.
lel
I don't know how many of those claiming to know why Diablo 3 failed actually played it since day 1. I did, and I can tell you how it was when AH existed.

Everything you could ever need, from the common stuff to rarer items could be bought for cheap, in an easy, convenient way. Only the most powerful stuff was pricey. As soon as you realized that.. loot in game didn't matter anymore: in a game about loot.. you could complety skit it... and this completely broke an already very flawed game.

PoE currently on this aspect is in the middle ground, where trade is allowed but can't be done so easly and quickly. An average player will try to rely on what he can find for the most part, trading only for specific items, while a very dedicated player investing hours in trading can still become rich.

I think GGG is scared, with reasons, by the possible consequences that an easy and quick way to trade in game would have. Thay should put in it some strict limitations on the amount and kind of items one con throw there for sell.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Sep 20, 2017, 6:22:18 AM
"
FrancescoV wrote:
I don't know how many of those claiming to know why Diablo 3 failed actually played it since day 1. I did, and I can tell you how it was when AH existed.

Everything you could ever need, from the common stuff to rarer items could be bought for cheap, in an easy, convenient way. Only the most powerful stuff was pricey. As soon as you realized that.. loot in game didn't matter anymore: in a game about loot.. you could complety skit it... and this completely broke an already very flawed game.

PoE currently on this aspect is in the middle ground, where trade is allowed but can't be done so easly and quickly. An average player will try to rely on what he can find for the most part, trading only for specific items, while a very dedicated player investing hours in trading can still become rich.

I think GGG is scared, with reasons, by the possible consequences that an easy and quick way to trade in game would have. Thay should put in it some strict limitations on the amount and kind of items one con throw there for sell.

You are only 1/2 correct. The main reason why eventually AH was taken down, was that people want the joy of getting their own loot, but getting currency, then use it to get gears. The latter is what PoE also suffered. That is why Blizzard implemeted loot2.0, a self found looting system that become better as he years gone by.
I know as I am a D3 vet.

An easy solution to prevent people from getting cheap stuff from AH while leveling , is set a min price for goods.

If you set say 1chaos min for a gear, far less people will bother to pay for leveling gears.

The current system in PoE is laterally like AH, with added inconvience, that all. How many people wanted a specific gear that can't be specfically farm (which is most). but due to the extra inconvienece of tzarding, istead decide to try RNG in farming? Not me at least.

If I wanted a carnage heart, I go Poe.Trade, then spend anyway from 1 mins to 30 mins hoping to get a good valued 1. Nothing changes, except waste time that I could use for actual gameplay.

"

Nothing changes, except waste time that I could use for actual gameplay.

That extra time and effort you to have to face to conclude a trade in PoE is what prevents the system to go wild, if you could trade in game with a couple of clicks transactions between players would skyrocket, this could (and probably would) have many bad side effects on the whole game balance and experience.
"
FrancescoV wrote:

Trade in PoE cant be done as easily and quickly as in D3?
Orly?
In fact, trading for items in PoE is sometimes even EASIER than it was in D3, because PoE.trade allows you to set millions of filter to show only the stuff you want, and nothing besides that.
In D3 AH, i had to search manually through several pages of items until i could find something good for adequate price. Why? Because build-in filters werent so good, actually.
You say that average relies on selffound stuff in PoE, its true for first 4 acts of story, or even 6-8, if his build is strong. But same could be said about early D3 - you could do it selffound on Normal difficulty. Sure, you could buy leveling stuff dirt cheap and oneshot bosses, etc, but you can do the same in PoE.
If GGG is really scared about easy trade consequences, they should just type "poe.trade" in browser and watch stuff prices. Because those "consequences" are ALREADY HERE! If they dont like it, they should remove indexing items for 3-rd party sites, and implement their own trading system, built into the game (just like they did for Xbox).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
-first 25 sellers on poe.trade are afk price manipulating on 99% of meta products (currency, uniques, maps), there is no way to fix this, the human factor will trick and fix
-37 wispers for 1 item, you must close the game, open your internet browser, copy a message, open the game again, paste the message, on avarage 20-30 times before you can get the item for price you asked

guys, ladies,
A.) the trade, kind of auctioning is allready happening
B.) it is extremely slow, open to manipulation and works only 30% of the time

whats the problem if fully integrating it ? They don't know how, that's my argument,the programmers, don't know how to build it, or maybe they're trying but can't make the existing databases to work with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info